• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Anime Quotes Thread

Pellio

Camp Casual Citizen
What is your favourite quote/s from the world of anime?!
(Remember to stick spoiler tags on spoilers... Duh!)

A few of mine would have to be:

"Now then... I've come to reclaim my helm! That's... what I want to say... Before that.... Put on some damn clothes!!!" - Viral
"Don't forget. Believe in yourself! Not you, who i believe in. Not me, who believes in you. Believe in you.. who believes in himself!" - Kamina
"Who the hell do you think I am?!" - Kamina

Ok I will stop with the TTGL quotes but that show is just so quote-tastic!

And then I couple from Axis Powers Hetalia because I can't remember any more:

"I ate a disgusting pizza today. England made it." - Italy. That made me lol. Our food isn't that bad though! :O
Also love the bit where it's explained that Italy doesn't like fighting because he eats tomatoes, but can't remember the quote :(

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
"Clustering hopes will become a new shining star! Become the path its light shines upon! Synchro Summon! Take flight, Stardust Dragon!"

"The shine of clustering stars will illuminate a new miracle! Become the path where its light shines upon! Synchro Summon! Arrive in light, Savior Star Dragon!"

(Yusei Fudo, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's)

Yusei has probably the most awesome Synchro Summoning chants in the whole of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's.

But the others have some pretty good ones too:

"The ruler's heartbeats will now file through here! Take witness to its creation-shaking power! Synchro Summon! My very soul, Red Demons Dragon!" (Jack Atlas)

"Polished, lone light! Become the true high-ruler and illuminate the earth! Shine your light! Synchro Summon! Grand soul! Savior Demon Dragon!" (Jack Atlas)

"Chilling flames engulf the entire world! Pitch-dark flower, set into bloom! Synchro Summon! Appear now, Black Rose Dragon!" (Akiza Izinski/Aki Izayoi)

"Gust fiercely, storm! Gain the will of steel and the speed of light to sublime your form! Synchro Summon! Black Feather - Lone Silver Wind!" (Crow)

Well, those are some pretty cool chants. Synchro chants are pretty cool elements of 5D's, which is why I hate 4Kids for taking them out.

Mimori Kiryu

"If I've learned anything from animated movies, it's that behind every animal, insect or car, lurks the heart of a celebrity voice actor." - Shin (Shin-chan)
My absolute favorite quote of all time because it's just so true to me. xD

"Dammit, there are so many bad guys whose asses I have to kick. I'm going to have to make a list just to keep track of them all!" - Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
This quote will always make me laugh. ALWAYS.

"Your drill is the drill that will PIERCE THE HEAVENS!" - Kamina (TTGL)
I haven't even watched this whole show but I know this is an epic line.

"This hand of mine is burning red. It's loud roar tells me to grasp victory! Erupting...Burning...FINGER!!!!!!!" - Domon Kasshu (G Gundam)
Yeah. I quoted G Gundam because it's the most awesome Gundam series. :]

Yeah, I'll do more later. ;3

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
Wave at them, they're cheering for you superstar! - Duo (Gundam Wing)

You're mother wears army boots! - Ryo (Ronin Warriors)

I can't take much more of this. He just goes and puts a broken bone back into place totally grosses me out just thinking about it! - Duo (Gundam Wing)

Yep, I quoted Duo. The guy is so hilarious, I love him. He talks to Heero like he's a good old friend and Heero gives him the evil eye a lot.

Second quote was pretty much because the comeback was so awful that I had been laughing.

"just watch me L, I'll solve equations with my right hand, and write things with my left.
and I'll take a potato chip....AND EAT IT!!!"
-Light Yagami lol

The Kai

Slice 'n Dice
"Gurren Lagann, WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!" - Simon - Gurren Lagann

Pellio

Camp Casual Citizen
Most things on TTGL are quote-able, its so cheese-tastic, I love it! Like all the weird stuff Leeron says about drills and holes and stuff X'D
Ahh and the good old potato chip quote, how how I forget?!

"My-wife-is-the-best-in-the-universe-SWING!" - Kittan's sister's husband, TTGL.

TheSwedishElf

"They say this world was created by the light. What was it, then, that caused the dark to be created? The whole will to fight is awash in the stench of death. On the faces of those who live in the light can be seen a sort of death mask, while those who live in the dark seem content to remain in their unlit vaults and crypts. Of what worth is one's will to fight? What worth, when the blood that sprays forth from violated flesh seems to find new freedom in its release?
The humans fear the dark, and yet, in order to escape it, might they themselves be the first to cast aside their own humanity? Neither approving of the other's existance, both determined to fight, fight until death. This world seems drunk on the elixir of madness!
True, half the blood in my body is the cursed blood of the dark. The half that is dark tries to bury this world in madness, but the half that is pure will yet triumph over the power of the dark!"

~ Donovan Baine, Darkstalkers, episode 2 opening sequence

"Show me what you really look like!! Instead of being a coward!! Whose only real "power" is to hide behind other people's faces!! STOP JERKING ME AROUND!!!"

~ Edward Elric, spoken to Envy, FMA, episode 50

"There is nothing brave about rashly choosing to die! Van, you are Fanelia's king! As long as she has a king and a people, Fanelia has a future! Bearing indignities such as this is the mark of true courage! A samurai's life is meant to save others. Don't forget that."

~ Allen Schezar, spoken to Van, Escaflowne, episode 4

"I'll take a potato chip...and EAT IT!"

~ If you seriously don't know, get out from under your rock

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Don't believe in yourself!......Believe in me who will kick your ***!!

Just who the hell do you think I am?!

Yours is the drill that will pierce the heavens!!!

Man......Gurren Laggan is so EPIC!

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
Keiichi Maebara said:
Anyone could have realized this. All we had to do was something this simple! If something awful happens, or if we start doubting each other, or if something painful happens... Your nakama! You have to talk to your nakama!

There's also Rika cursing Satoko out,Satoko call out her uncle,and Rena's "Oyashiro-sama exists" quote,but I can't recall them.

TheSwedishElf

Winry: "You didn't drink your milk. Edward."
Ed: "You drink it, I hate milk, it's like drinking vomit."
Winry: "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! MILK'S GOOD FOR YOU!! DRINK IT!!"
Ed: "FORGET IT!! I HATE WHAT I HATE, IT'S NOT LIKE I'LL DIE IF I DON'T DRINK THAT CRAP!!"
Winry: "JEEZ!! AND THIS WHY YOU'LL ALWAYS BE THE SIZE OF A BEAN!!"
Ed: "A BEAN?!"
Winry: "Yeah! A bean!"

Twixted Mind

Psychotic Tracey fan
Hmm, my favorite anime quotes? Let's see here...

"Yes, my Lord." - Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji

"SHORTY?! COULD A SHORTY DO THIS?! WHAT ELSE YA WANNA CALL ME, A HALF-PINT BEANSPROUT MIDGET?! I'M STILL GROWING, YA BACKWATER DESERT IDIOTS!!!" - Ed from... oh come on, you can guess this one

"High-school girls, high-school girls, all for meeee~!" -Shigure from Fruits Basket

"Light Yagami, you just lost the game." - Near from Death Note (I KID YOU NOT, HE ACTUALLY SAYS THIS IN THE DUB!!!)

"Will you do the honour of bearing my children?" - Miroku from Inuyasha

"You are... the homo side characters!!" - Tamaki from Ouran High School Host Club

And that's all I can think of right now. I might come up with more later.

Pellio

Camp Casual Citizen
"Light Yagami, you just lost the game." - Near from Death Note (I KID YOU NOT, HE ACTUALLY SAYS THIS IN THE DUB!!!)

You just made my day : D *goes to watch on youtube*

DN: Misa: "I can't even imagine a world without Light..."
L: "Yes, it would be quite dark."

Ouran: Tamaki: "Mom! Haruhi's using foul language!"
Kaoru: "Mom being...?"
Kyouya: "Position-wise... probably me." :D <3

Ouran: Hitachin Bros: (talking about Tamaki to Haruhi's dad) "He's a pheramone machine and the count of women he's played is higher than the number of capillary vessels in his body!"

Blood+: Haji: "Nankurunaisa *smiles*" ;_________;

Blood+: Karman: "But I realise now that all our friends are alive within us. They're all alive in my memories. I have no one but you two. Moses... You'll remember me, won't you? I'm so happy to have met you!" *sun begins to rise, Moses pulls him into the shadows*
Moses: "Idiot! I'm going to save you. We'll live on together. Can I really just let you be part of some memory?"

Ahhhh I cried so much in the scene the last quote was from, was so sweet :)

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
I have a feeling this will go the way of the epic quotes thread, but oh well

"Mabye its a good thing I'm so small... WHAT?! NO ITS NOT!"
Edward elric ~FMA

"Dog huh?... I love dogs!"
Roy mustang ~FMA

"High school girls are the best! The best!"
Konata's pervy Dad ~Lucky star

"I'm the expert when it comes to road safety! *a car passes her* He... Passed me... DAMN HIM! *ensues in an initial D rip off road race*"
Yui ~Lucky Star