• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Anime Quotes Thread

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
I have a feeling this will go the way of the epic quotes thread, but oh well

"Mabye its a good thing I'm so small... WHAT?! NO ITS NOT!"
Edward elric ~FMA

"Dog huh?... I love dogs!"
Roy mustang ~FMA

"High school girls are the best! The best!"
Konata's pervy Dad ~Lucky star

"I'm the expert when it comes to road safety! *a car passes her* He... Passed me... DAMN HIM! *ensues in an initial D rip off road race*"
Yui ~Lucky Star

Pellio

Camp Casual Citizen
I have a feeling this will go the way of the epic quotes thread, but oh well

What do you mean?

eevee909

Your ladyship
inuyasha has so many fun quotes, such as
miroku: (inuyashas beating the living s**t out of a demon in the background) want kind of magic is this? kagome: i thinkk he's just beating the crap out of them!
kukuku.

Pellio

Camp Casual Citizen
Last edited:
Ohohohoho~ -Tomoyo from card captor Sakura

You gotta love Tomoyo's evil fangirl laugh.

and my legs are really much more slender- Kero, from Cardcaptor sakura.
This has become a massive inside joke in my real life.

Pellio

Camp Casual Citizen
Samurai Champloo: Mugen: "What's up with her?"
Jin: "She's sentimental..."
Mugen: "She's what kind of mental?!"
Haha I love Samurai Champloo :D

rekreatur

Roy Mustang: "And when I'm führer, there'll be changes... THAT DAY, ALL FEMALE OFFICERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR.. TINY MINISKIRTS!"
Jean Havoc: *nosebleed*
Jean Havoc: "You're a miracle, Mustang! I'll follow you for the rest of my life!"

From Fullmetal Alchemist.

Last edited:

Team Brushfire

A duck I am.... Not.
Ouran High School Host Club: Tamaki: And YOU! Are the Homo Side Cast!

Fullmetal Alchemist: Edward Elrick: Maybe its a good thing I'm so small...O_O GAAH!!! NO ITS NOT!!!!!

Naruto: Kakashi: Behind this mask....Is another mask! Pretty cool, huh?

Death Note: Light Yagami: I will take a potato chip.... AND EAT IT!

Code Geass: Mau: *holding a chainsaw* I can make you compact! :D

Bleach:
Rukia: Any other questions?
Ichigo: Yeah. Why does your drawing suck so bad?

Last edited:

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Lacus Clyne - Mobie Suit Gundam SEED Episode 49: The Final Light said:
"Possibly humans can exist without actually having to fight. But, many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future then what sort of future is it and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"
This quote is in fact my favourite quote in Anime, and probably my favourite quote of all time. In my opinion it is so powerful, and truly highlights the horrors of war.

Motto of Orb said:
Orb will not attack another nation, will not allow another nation to attack them, and will not intervene in the conflicts of other nations."
I wish the U.K. would take this motto...*sigh*

Cagalli Yula Athha - Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Episode 50 said:
'The hardest battle of all, is to keep living!'
Too true...okay, I promise - no more Gundam SEED quotes.

Kakashi Hatake - Naruto said:
'Those who break the rules are scum, but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum'
Absolutely true.

Margery Daw - Shakugan no Shana said:
"Love is like a mirror that reflects your bad side. Especially when it's unrequited, you get envious, jealous, prejudiced and resentful. You have to face all sorts of emotions" -

And this one is from a manga (there is an anime version) but until the recent OVAs, said character didn't appear in the manga:

Oshizu - To Love Ru said:
"Because I've been dead for so long, I don't really get what's going on. But, why does everyone feel that they should have big breasts? Is it to prepare for a famine where you need to store nutrition or something?"

and lastly:
Shana - Shakugan no Shana said:
Urusai, Urusai, Urusai!

Umbreon-dana

Phat Philanthropist
Roy Mustang: "And when I'm führer, there'll be changes... THAT DAY, ALL FEMALE OFFICERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR.. TINY MINISKIRTS!"
Jean Havoc: *nosebleed*
Jean Havoc: "You're a miracle, Mustang! I'll follow you for the rest of my life!"

From Fullmetal Alchemist.

Dammit, I was going to use that. =<

Viral: Give me something strong.
Simon: Hmm...How 'bout a screwdriver?
Viral: Too sweet, I need something with a little more punch.
Simon: Alright....
GIGA...DRILL...BREEEEEEEEEEAK!!!!
*liquid pours into a cup*
Enjoy.
Viral: It kind of sounds like something that would rip a hole right through your stomach.
Simon: It's a cocktail made of manly souls.
Viral: When you hit on a woman, never stand in front of her. Softly call out to here from behind. If you do that, she will definitely turn around.
That's a nice melody, it suits you well. What's it called?
Kamina: *turns around, rips off wig* It's Rap is a Man's Soul. You better remember it!
Viral: AHHHH!
Viral: It was a dream of how I met your mama. But for some strange reason, she had the face of some really high tension guy.
Viral's Daughter: Eh? How scary!
Viral: It's Ok, it was just a dream, don't worry. I'm your papa.
Viral's Daughter: Mama, Papa's awake now!
Viral: WHAT?!
Kamina: YO! It's breakfast time! I made your favorite flying raccoon roast! Hurry Up and Eat it!

Viral's Sweet Dream is win.

Pellio

Camp Casual Citizen
Viral's Sweet Dream is win.
Is this an OVA or something?! I must see! I <3 Viral!!

FMA: Ed: "WHO DID YOU SAY WAS A MICROSCOPIC SHORT BEAN THAT DOESNT SHOW UP IN YOUR EYES?!"
People: "we didnt say that much!!
Or something like that. I love FMA :)

Pellio

Camp Casual Citizen
Yeah, go look it up on YouTube, it's about five minutes long but hilarious.

Haha that made my day :D

APH: "In heaven, the cops are British, the lovers are Italian, the food is French, the engineers are German, and the whole thing is run by the Swiss.
In hell, the cops are German, the lovers are Swiss, the food is British, the engineers are French, and the whole thing is run by the Italians."
Our food is good! >: ( haven't you ever *been* to a Beano cafe!? I jest : P but some British food is great!

Last edited:

Team Brushfire

A duck I am.... Not.
FMA (Yea!!!) Edward Elric: DON'T CALL ME SMALL!!! I'LL BREAK OFF YOUR FEET AND STICK 'EM ON YOUR HEAD!!!!!!!

Btw the tiny miniskirt line is the best. Already mentioned by some1else, so i won't double post.

Twixted Mind

Psychotic Tracey fan
Well, these ones weren't actually said in the anime, so I don't know if they count, but they were said by their voice actors, as well as being pretty funny. Again, I realize that they don't exactly count as anime quotes, but I just had to include them.

These are from the Samurai Deeper Kyo bloopers -
Yukimura: So what do you plan to do when you regain your body, Kyo?
Kyo: Well, that should be obvious. First, I'm gonna get laid. Then I'm gonna get laid again. Then I'm gonna do some crack and get laid some more. That's what I'm all about; getting f***ed.

Migeria: STOP THIS NONSENSE!! From where I am standing, against this painted backdrop, I know I look really cool!
Kyo: What the f*** is this guy talking about?

And now, the most famous line never said in any anime...
Colonel Mustang is dead sexy... IN A MINISKIRT!!!

Cyan

Mortal
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his power level?!"

"It's over...8000!!!!!11!1!!111!!1!1"

It had to come up at one point

Mimori Kiryu

And now, the most famous line never said in any anime...
Colonel Mustang is dead sexy... IN A MINISKIRT!!!
Oh, geez...I thought we could make it without that quote in this thread. Vic has already said on numerous occasions that he hates that line. D:

Anywho, I have returned with more quotes, albeit, longer ones. :]

The greatest scene in FMA that still makes me laugh:

Episode 1 - To Challenge the Sun said:
Edward: I hate deserts. It's nothing but sand. If there was some grass I could turn it into bread. I'm starving! Huh? Hey! Al, where'd you go? Al? Hey!
Alphonse: Down here. [Al's hand emerges from the sand beneath Ed and grabs his leg]
Edward: Ahh!!
Alphonse: I sunk again.
Edward: Reason number two I hate the desert!
[Skips scene with digging Al out of the sand]
Edward: [angrily] I don’t understand why you keep falling in!
Alphonse: I get full.
Edward: Full of what?! [kicks Al and sand falls out of his chest plate, burying Ed. Al laughs and inches away]
Edward: [bursts out and starts running after Al] Get back here!
Alphonse: What are you going to do?
Edward: Nothing!
Alphonse: Then why are you chasing me?
Edward: Stop and you'll find out!
Alphonse: I promise I won't get buried again!
Edward: Not unless it's by me!
Alphonse: Ed!
Edward: Rrrr!

Poor Tamaki...he's always so misunderstood.

Episode 8 - The Sun said:
Hikaru: (referring to Tamaki and Haruhi) Are you sure it's a good idea--
Kaoru: --to leave the two of them alone?
Kyouya: She's with our prince, Tamaki. What could possibly go wrong?
Hikaru and Kaoru: (Opening the door to the room Tamaki and Haruhi are in)Hey, Boss! We're coming in! (Tamaki and Haruhi are sitting on the floor and Haruhi is blindfolded)
Tamaki: With the blindfold on you can't see anything, and the earplugs help muffle any sound! (Talking about thunder and lightning, which Haruhi is scared of)
Haruhi: Wow! You're right!
Hikaru: ...You nasty pervert.
Tamaki: AH!!
Kaoru: What kind of foreplay is that?!
Tamaki: It's...not like that! IT'S NOT WHAT YOU THINK!!!
He can't ever get a break. xD

Pellio

Camp Casual Citizen
What's this about Mustang being sexy in a mini skirt?! I've yet to reach this scene!

Also, love that bit in OHSH its so funny XD