• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Anime Songs and Background Music

*futachimaru*

Music Maker/ Dreamer
Name your favorite songs, be it for the Japanese version or the English dub. This is not just restricted to anime openings and endings, but also movie themes and insert songs.

For me, it is sinnoh league victors and the instrumental to pokemon black and white (shown in the credits)

Last edited by a moderator:

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
My favourite will always be the first.. and I always like each new opening a little less than the one before it..

Black and White < Sinnoh League Victors < Galactic Battles.. etc, etc..

McIntyre

Novice Breeder
The first opening will always be my favorite. But I'm guilty of replaying the Sinnoh League Victors opening multiple times in a row.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I like the Battle Frontier, and Sinnoh league victors.
In another language I like the Japanese Best Wishes.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Ok! I love these music topics X3

For openings/endings I would say: Spurt!, Best Wishes, Type:Wild, Fanfare of the Heart, By your Side~ Hikari's Theme, Kaze no Message and Battle Frontier

For Movie Endings: Ice Cream Syndrome and This Side of Paradise (English for Destiny Deoxys)

For instrumentals:

Pokemon 4Ever- In the Forest (I think that was what it was called)

Latias and Latios- Stopping the Water (UGGGH I LOVE THIS SONG X33 I also liked "Search for the Girl")

Lucario and the Mystery of Mew- Sir Aaron's theme #1

Manaphy- Depature! On a Voyage!

The Rise of Darkrai- Alice and Tonio (also played in Natsuya's/Ben's flashback when he was a kid)

Giratina and the Sky Warrior- Sky Forme

Arceus and the Jewel of Life- Rebirth

Zoroark- The Town where Celebii appears

Victini and the White Hero Reshiram- To Eindoak (what I earlier dubbed "Dento's Gentlemanly theme", I'm sure you guys can figure out what one I'm talking about X33)

--------

In the TV show:

BGM 03- Dento's Theme (that overdramatic one that always plays XD)

BGM 04- Iris's Theme? (That music that played when Iris first debuted)

I'm not going to name anymore ^^; but there's several others.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Master Quest and all the Hoenn ones.
Also why has nobody said Advanced Adventure? BEST JAPANESE OPENING EVER!

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I freaking love Spurt, animation/music, it goes so well... I still love to watch that freaking opening, I want to bow before whoever had that cool idea and I'm eager of the day they remember of doing something like that again.

Seriously I actually get nostalgic chills watching that music.

G50

No longer posting
The Best Wishes Opening song. My 1st Japanese song, and I got hooked right away.

English Unbeatable :D

TranquilSea

I like too many songs from the 4Kids dub to list them all (seriously, I think I found every 4Kids opening extremely catchy), but here's what stands out in my mind:

- the first opening
- Johto Journeys opening
- Master Quest opening
- Advanced Battle opening (Unbeatable)
- To Know the Unknown (3rd movie ending)

FAVOURITE OPENING
Season 1 opening, nostaligia and just awesome. I also like the ones from Orange Islands and the Jotho ones (season 2, 3 and 5 in English, season 4 in Dutch, because of a word joke my dad made of it). The Hoenn ones were acceptable but not that good, the Sinnoh ones just hurt my ears and I never heard a Unova one (and I don't want to).

FAVOURITE MOVIE OPENING
Movie 1 opening, the first opening is and will always be the best.

FAVOURITE PIKACHU'S JUKEBOX
Team Rocket, all those funny disguises and just like their awesome anthem. "Prepare for trouble, then make it double!"

FAVOURITE POKEMON KARAOKEMON
Two perfect girls, Brock is hilarious.