• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Anime Songs and Background Music

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
That string of OP posts by the anipokePR page on Twitter reminded me of my favorite opening from the JP version, which would be Symphonic Medley 1.

Also found out it's apparently very unpopular among JP version fans. I assume it's because it's not "hype".

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ryu Taylor said:
Also found out it's apparently very unpopular among JP version fans. I assume it's because it's not "hype".

I personally think that the arrangement is beautiful, but I admit that it's not very exciting. The visuals are great, although there was a significant lack of spoilers in that Opening, which I think a lot of fans expect whenever we get a new Opening theme song.

Japanese: XYZ
English: Unbeatable
Favorite ending: Glory Day (so underrated)

RafaSceptile

1. Type: Wild (OS and SM): Probably the most iconic ending to date, being the background music in the climax of the two best Pokémon Battles in the anime.
  2. Battle Frontier (AG): Imo the best opening to date, and also the background music in the climax of Ash vs Brandon
  3. XY&Z and Ash Greninja appears (the remix version): Another very good music for climax moments, but this was so overused during XY&Z and even sometimes during SM (Type: Wild too but not as much)
  4. Your Adventure (SM): One of the most underrated openings, it has one of the best animations between the Openings to date and I like the transitions with Ash showing a lot of emotions
  5. In Your Heart LaLaLa (DP): It really feels like a true ending theme for a Pokémon series, and in that, is probably the best one.

Honorific Mentions Openings: Together (DP), HighTouch (DP) and Summerly Slope (BW)
Honorific Mentions Endings: The Pokegirl Endings (May's theme, Dawn's theme and DreamDream), Glory Day (AG) and Let's Join Hands (BW)

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
In no order, both dub and japanese:
Battle Cry
You and me and Pokemon
Pokemon Johto
Master Quest
Gotta Catch Them All
Unbeatable
I Wanna Be A Hero
High Touch
DreamDream
In Your Heart LaLaLa
Viridian City
Forever Together
The Time Has Come
My Best Friends
Everything Changes

Morax

King of heroes
Japanese :
1. Iku Z
2. DoriDori
3. Puni-chan no uta
4. Getta ban ban
5. Yajirushi ni natte
6. Natsumeku sakamichi
7. Saikou everyday
8. Watashi makenai

English :
1. The original
2. Born to be a winner
3. I wanna be a hero
4. Unbeatable

Mew29240

I've got a bunch of these! I definitely missed some, but here are mine in no particular order (collapsed so it's not too cumbersome):

English:
1. Gotta Catch 'Em All (TV and movie version)
2. Pokemon World (TV and movie version)
3. Together Forever
4. Double Trouble

Japanese:
1. Type Wild (original ED and SM ED)
2. Spurt
3. Saikou Everyday
4. Mirai Connection
5. Getta Ban Ban
6. XYZ
7. Together
8. High Touch
9. Mitte Mitte
10. Dori Dori
11. Mezase (pretty much all of them)

1. Groudon/Kyogre Theme Anime Ver.
2. Hikari's Theme (Instrumental)
3. Oracion
4. OK (Instrumental / Johto Victory Theme)
5. No Escape (M02 and M18's versions)
6. Sortie & Legend v. Legend (M05 and M18's versions)
7. Underwater Pokemon Show (M09)
8. Onidrill Capture On! (M09)
9. Going to Latios! (M05)
10. As Long as I can Hold My Breath (M09)
11. Sir Aaron's Themes, Fight Back, and Life Sacrifice (M08)
12. Secret Garden (M05)
13. Kira Kira (XY insert song)
14. Satoshi and Gou (it's that one that played when they were riding Lugia)
15. Aim to Be a Pokémon Master (Shinji Miyazaki Arrangement VER.) (M20)

Last edited:

DawnKenny

I luv anime :)
yeah I do have multiple
Openings, I love sinnoh league victors theme song followed by stand tall and then I like born to be a winner
Yeah and then charecter bgm, yeah I like kimi no soba de/by your side and its ballad version, dori dori is also awsome and yeah many people would have not liked or heard but yeah I like alain's theme too his theme is also heartwarming
Yeah and puni chan no uta is also very good though I don't like the English version much
So these are my choices

diesglamouris

Thanks to Pokémon, I've discovered great artists such as Every Little Thing (Koe), Ikimonogakari (Egao), Daisuke (Natsumeku Sakamichi), Shoko Nakagawa (Doridori, Kaze to Issho ni, Type: Wild), ЯeaL (Mirai Connection) and others that accompanied me for many years and are now well represented in my music collection.

Also, it was nice to know that SCANDAL, one of my favorite Japanese bands, also were in charge of a Pokétheme (Yoake no Ryuuseigun).

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Recently been vibing to the rare good Journeys music:

• 1-2-3 Ash and Go version - I probably hate this less cuz I haven't been watching the whole series and thus wasn't spammed with 3 variations of this for the past 3 years, so I'm vibing with this now
  • Battle! Trainer 2 - this mainly sticks out to me since it was the song used in the Masters 8 matchup reveal trailer but it's a pretty good track TBH
  • Power Showdown - this really has a good vibe of intensity. I think I still like Battle Trainer 2 more but this is pretty solid.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Really like the track they used for 10M Volt Thunderbolt vs. G-Max Wildfire during Ash vs. Leon - World Domination. Bit of a notable song IMO, cuz I don't really think this song is as reusable as some of the other Journeys tracks. It kinda sounds like it's made specifically for the Z-Move/G-Max clash and I don't remember hearing this any other time in the series. Kinda neat.

Peluched49

Great air battle from movie 11 is a fantastic track that played a bit by the of the DP series specifically Infernape vs electivire and Pikachu Vs Latios.

I love sortie from movie 4, it is great playing in great moments such as pikachu learning volt tackle, chimchar evolving to monferno, Ash Vs Misty, and just in now ATBAM episode 9.

I love all of XY battle trainer themes, the fact that these are being used til today is a testament to how good they are.

BW title screen theme XY version is great episode is about to end theme.

SWSH Battle trainer 2 from the anime is absolutely pumping and Exilarating.

Type Wild is a great ending theme and insert song, Ikuze is a great opening, so is 1,2,3, getta ban ban, V volt, OG op 1,5, AG OP 1,5, and SM op 4