• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Anime Songs and Background Music

NPT

Just a member
Oh and of course Burning Battlefield from the early series. For some reason I always thought the Kanto Trainer theme was kinda dreary, though the anime remix sounded way more intense and exciting (shame they missed out one the most dramatic riffs though). It helped it was nearly always used for the more tense battles (it was pretty much Ash and Team Rocket's "Oh, it is ON!" theme, eg. Do I Hear A Ralts).

Honestly, the alternate version of the Kanto trainer battle theme is way better than the normal one.

- The rescue for Latios

If you're talking about track that plays when Latios and Latias try to stop the wave, then It's called Sortie. "The rescue for Latios" is just a fanmade name.

I like Route 110 and Dawn's theme, A meeting and parting, Gladion's theme, Heros of Hoenn and more I can't name.

Do you mean route 210? Shinji Miyazaki never made an arrangement of the route 110 theme for the anime.

Last edited:

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
It's called Sortie. "The rescue for Latios" is just a fanmade name.

Just looked it up, that's a different ost. The one I'm referring to is 'Going to Latios' (plays during Gliscor vs Drapion in the SL, amongst other scenes)

Oh yeah I'd also add Type: Wild to my list of favourites, how could I forget that one?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I loved the theme that played when Necrozma first appeared out of the Wormhole (the one that was also used when we first saw Devastating Drake and Subzero Slammer)

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
Anyone else here REALLY love Kiawe’s theme? Like, it’s got such a cool, tribal rhythm and melody to it! If Pokémon ever does a soundtrack release again, I’ll definitely be blasting that theme through my iPhone a lot.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
The music that played in the first movie when Mewtwo made the storm appear. I don't know what it was called but that theme music has always stuck in my mind when I think of that movie. :)
It can be found in the track "Dragonite Takes Flight."

The First Movie OST does that medley thing many Western OST CDs do where each track is the BGM of two to three different scenes lumped together into one track.

SerenaRulez

The First Movie OST does that medley thing many Western OST CDs do where each track is the BGM of two to three different scenes lumped together into one track.

Ok thanks! I also like the Dragonite takes flight music because it sounds adventurous.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ryu Taylor said:

While I generally prefer the original Japanese soundtrack of the first movie, I do have a liking for the dubbed version's Kairyu theme from that movie. I like the Japanese version of that track as well, but the English version is still somewhat nostalgic to me and I remember hearing it a lot in some of the regular episodes, too.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I love how "Notebook of the Heart" was used during Ash vs Guzma, I never payed attention to that ED before that point, but afterwards it became one of my favorite tracks, it just fit so well with Guzma's (disappointingly short, but still sweet) character arc

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
The vocal song that played in the Pikachu's Goodbye episode. I don't remember the lyrics, but the melody was beautiful and I wish that TPCI would make more vocal songs in their dub.
"The time has come
It's for the best; I know it
Who could've guessed that you & I...
Sometime someday, would have to say
Goodbye..."

I like that song too. I also like Tears After the Cloudy Weather, Tears of Life, & the anime version of Red/Blue's final battle theme. (You know, the one that plays when you face your rival after the Elite Four; a version of it plays when Ash faces Magmar.)

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
My favorite songs are Kanto Trainer Battle Remix Version and Epic Battle: Who's Stronger? i.e. the song that plays when the Clone Pokémon and the originals battle in the Japanese version of "Mewtwo Strikes Back".

BobbbidyBob

Kate to isho ni but orchestral version.
The end theme of I choose you in english
Japanese end theme of everyone’s story.
Tears of life
Clones vs originals Japanese theme.