• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Anime Songs and Background Music

My two favorites were the English versions of the Pokemon Advanced theme and Battle Frontier. I didn't really follow the Battle Frontier episodes like... AT ALL, because I didn't like it as much, but I really did like the theme. xD

I think it was Battle Frontier anyway... I just assume because it says, "Battle Frontier" about ten times in the song. xD

Battle Frontier eps were poorly dubbed but to be fair that was when TPCi decided to replace the main 4Kids VAs...what a way to screw up the continuity of AG in the English dub, though. Should've just waited until DP to do the VA switch, IMO.

Bluelatios*

My favorite song is "You & Me & Pokemon" because it carries the most meaning of all the songs.

"One world! One world... Now and forever! Best friends! Best friends... Loyal and true! One dream! One dream... Put side and side! There's nothing we can't do! One hand! One hand... Helping the other! Each heart! Each heart... Beating as one! We live! We live... Always together! Sharing the same bright sun! You & me & Pokemon!"

This right here is the soul of Pokemon. This stuff is what the anime is truly about. And it is beautiful. (I made y'all grin now, didn't I :))

My favorite song is "You & Me & Pokemon" because it carries the most meaning of all the songs.

"One world! One world... Now and forever! Best friends! Best friends... Loyal and true! One dream! One dream... Put side and side! There's nothing we can't do! One hand! One hand... Helping the other! Each heart! Each heart... Beating as one! We live! We live... Always together! Sharing the same bright sun! You & me & Pokemon!"

This right here is the soul of Pokemon. This stuff is what the anime is truly about. And it is beautiful. (I made y'all grin now, didn't I :))

That brought a smile to my face. That is what the Pokemon anime is about at its core.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
My favorites are.

"The Greatest Everyday" in Sinnoh. God I love "Communication!" <3...Dawn's even singing along in the opening. XD0

"This beautiful world. & Together we'll make a promise." This beautiful world was beautiful for a pokemon song, and Together we'll make a promise has extreme bias in that I ADORED movie 9.

"Ice Cream syndrome." I love this Japanese ending...Isn't it FMA Brotherhood's Opening band? I love his voice. XD

"Advanced adventure theme." That BGM that plays during the hoenn saga that's all like "We've got this and we're an awesome team!" I think its the instrumental of another one of my favorite openings in Japanese. I'll get a link to it when I'm not at school.

"Advanced Generation Opening 6" I love this one both in English AND in Japanese. So peppy <3

"Secret Garden and Vacation." Secret Garden is really pretty and vacation is just awesome. XD

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
//not sure if this is counted as a bump

I only watch Japanese btw. To start, I like almost all the JP opening (except Be An arrow and BW, I find them subpar), but there are a few I like the best

1. High Touch - Favourite Japanese opening song ever. It's a beautiful song sang by a duet, great music. I love the animation as well.
2. Greatest Everyday - Great Opening. Catchy tune, really. It's a nice song that makes me want to re-spam the play button.
3. Spurt! - epic, just pure epic. Love the animation. Though I don't like how in the full version for Ash, he talks, but nonetheless, the only nitpick I had.
4. Ready Go! - Favourite from the original series. I still have childhood memories of listening to the tune when it was airing on TV ~ (the dub for my country uses the Japanese original and translates the word, but keeps the Jap opening)
5. Together / Battle Frontier - Tied for the third. Together isn't very catchy, but I like how the tune goes. Battle Frontier is a good song, though the only real problem I had was that some brains didn't even get to do their epic dance because they weren't revealed, so most of the time we saw black silhouettes dancing crazily.

Japanese Ending (completely DP filled lol)
1. By Your Side - Hikari's Theme - - It's a lovable song and I just love love love it. I also enjoy the BGM version that plays during her contest.
2. Kaze no message - Nothing much said. Catchy tune and nice. I don't like the remix version though.
3. Kimi no mune ni lalala - Touching and good song to end off the (subjectively) best series in Pokemon Anime.
4. Ashita wa Kitto / Docchi ~ Nyo: Ashita wa Kitto is a good song that highlights Piplup's and Pikachu's friendship, though the full version isn't relaly good. Docchi ~ Nyo was hilarious, especially during the part where the Meditite did their whatever thing.
5. Soko ni sora ga aru kara - I decided to throw this one in and have the 4 have two places. Anyways, I use to dislike this ending because it was too sad for my taste (or at least it sounded like so). However, I start to like it lately :)

charizard:Luvr

Flame Trainer
My favourite theme song is Pokemon ADVANCED!!!!!!!!

Hikatoshi26

My favorite english song is Born to be a winner.

My 2 favorite Japanese songs are Hi-Touch and Spurt.

Hi Touch because I am an avid Pearlshipper and its such an awesome song.

Spurt is just amazing.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
"Secret Garden and Vacation." Secret Garden is really pretty and vacation is just awesome. XD

Yassss, that Secret Garden song from Movie 5 slayed so hard. I want the movie soundtrack.

I also love Together (the first Japanese DP Opening) even though most people seem to hate it. I just thought it was cute and I loved the DP hype.

Ahem. Think back to the first season for a second.
The Pokemon Rap!

k6666

Pikachu Fan
DUB
i wanna be a very best
Advance generation
Rival destinies

Japan
aim to be a pokemon master
OK !
advance adventure
Greatest Everyday
Be an arrow ( N saga )
Summerly slope

Japan ED
Becasue the sky is there
Smile
in your heart LA LA LA
Lets joins hand :)

yoshi1001

Pokémon Lyricist
I've discovered I'm hopelessly attracted to anything that remins me of INXS, so from fourth generation my favorites are "I'll Always Remember You" (I like to refer to Kirsten Price as a female Michael Hutchence-dshe did finish one of his songs, after all) and on the Japanese side Kaze no Message (which feels like a super-genki version of Devil Inside/Kick/Tiny Daggers).

What?

Blaquaza

Elite Spritist
I practically like all of the 4Kids ones, with my favourites - mainly for the nostalgia - being:

Unbeatable (specifically the long version)
This Dream
I wanna be a Hero
Master Quest
Advanced Adventure (I don't understand it at all, but the tune is so dang epic, even instrumental)

Other songs that aren't openings I like are Double Trouble, Advanced Adventure as BGM, the Pokéraps and lots of the Wild Music remixes are pretty awesome.

Izzyaudino

All fo the japanese DP EDs and OPs were all pretty amazing. And i listen to them all the time~
I also love "Look Look here/ Mitte Mitte Kochichi" Its so fun to sing along with ^p^

My favorite english OP is advanced battle because its just so catchy ahahha ....

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
So many to name even though some don't have the names for it.

Openings

Pokemon World
Advanced Battle (Unbeatable)

Songs from 2BA Master CD

Viridian City
What Kind of Pokemon are you
My Best Friends
Everything Changes
Pokemon Dance Mix
Double Trouble
Together Forever
Pokerap

Totally Pokemon CD

Pikachu I choose you
All we wanna do
The Game
He drives me crazy
You & me and Pokemon
Biggest Part of my life
Pokerap GS

To know the unknown (Pokeom movie 3 soundtrack)

BGM

Jigglypuff song
Pokemon battle (When Ash & co were battling Gastly, etc)
Eerie music (when ash & co were at the top of the tower with Bill, when Grimer appears from the water and shut down the power in Gringy city, etc)
Eerie music #2 (When Ash & Bill see Dragonite for the first time and bill activates the signal)
Team Rocket song (from the song of Jigglypuff episode)
and mostly other BGM from the Indigo saga that are too many to name
Lugia's song (Pokemon Movie 2000)
Misty vs adult molly underwater battle (Pokemon movie 3)
Entei leaves Molly near the end (Pokemon movie 3)
Celebi's song (when Celebi is resurrected by other celebis of the future) (Pokemon 4ever)
Opening sequence to Pokemon: Lucario and the mystery of mew movie (when time was passing)
May and Swablu (the montage where May & co was caring for Swablu) (Pokemon Advanced Challenge)
Max and Ralts (when max had to say goodbye to Ralts at the end) (Pokemon Advanced Battle)

The eerie music from season 1, May and Swablu, and Max and Ralts i wished they had a soundtrack for

Akarui Hoshi

The Bright Star
Wow... This at first seemed like a tough one cause there's soooooo many great OSTs in Pokemon and I'll admit, a lot of them for me are really close and hard to call but...

The one definitive favorite OST from the anime for me is As Long As I Can Hold My Breath from Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea.

That OST is... Oh my Arceus... BEAST! I've even hacked it onto Delfino Plaza on my Brawl. :D

Last edited:

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
My favourites in order would have to be:

Secret Garden - Pokémon Heroes
Believe In Me - Master Quest Opening (Pokémon Heroes Version)
Believe In Me - Master Quest Opening
Pokémon Johto Journeys Theme (Unown Movie Version)