• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Anime Songs and Background Music

HoundoomFan

shy shipper
I liked the first theme for the English dub and I wanna be a hero one. Remix's for the OS seasons were good as well (except for X & Y's. too rushed and bland), but first & season theme right now is the best for me. I kinda like the first opening dub for B/W as well.
Viridian City song from Pikachu's jut box is pretty cool. And I always loved Together Forever T_T
From the first movie in the dub I liked Brother My Brother.

zhixun

Trainer battle theme in most sagas, which is awesome to me. Also the opening music in OS and XY in Japanese version are nice too.

Inferno792

Food Wars
I actually like most of the songs of the anime.
Battle Fronitier, Indigo League, Master Quest, Advance Battle, DP Battle Dimension, etc.

It might be just me but lots of the newer themes aren't that good. Like, the first one was like "I'm gonna be a Pokémon master! The best!" And lots of newer ones are like "it's not win or lose it's the path you choose it's about making new experiences and friends."

It might be just me but lots of the newer themes aren't that good. Like, the first one was like "I'm gonna be a Pokémon master! The best!" And lots of newer ones are like "it's not win or lose it's the path you choose it's about making new experiences and friends."

Yeah, that's because TPCi can't compose music the way 4Kids could (among several other things), IMO.

teamaquagrunt

I liked Route 201 bgm the best. For openings, Born to Be a Winner, Believe in Me, and Unbeatable were my favorites.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
My favorite opening in the Japanese dub is The Greatest Everyday and one of my favorite bgms is the Pokemon Symphonic Medley 2. Both give off epic and nostalgic vibes from near the end of DP for me.
I'd also like to add in all the variations of Dawn's theme By Your Side.

Last edited:

JSLatios

REVIVAL ON 9TH!!!
My ones would have to be XY theme, advanced, be a hero and definitely Master Quest!!!!!!

k6666

Pikachu Fan
i love japan dub opening then eng dub so thi my list
for the opening Aim be pokemon Master , OK !! ,the greatest everyday ,Summerly slope ( i just feel the adventure on the song and it catchy also heartwarming imo )
for the ending " because the sky is there , Smile , Glory day , in your heart la la la <3 , and lets join hand <3<3<3

SmartD

My favorite opening from the dub is Unbeatable from Advanced Battle. My favorite openings from the Japanese version are Mezase Pokemon Master, Rivals, OK!, Challenger, Battle Frontier, Spurt!, Together, High Touch, The Best Everyday, Best Wishes, and Be An Arrow.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
'Challenger!' by Rica Matsumoto (Pokémon Season 7 theme) is definitely my favorite, but I love almost all of Rica's music. As for my favorite background theme, I think it's the music that plays sometimes in XY, like when Meyer stands on top of a tree with Mega Blaziken and sees Clemont and Bonnie go with Ash and Serena, and when Korrina's Lucario Mega Evolves for the first time.

Seachran

Openings:

Ready Go!
Master Quest dub Theme
First dub Theme

Endings:

Riding on Lapras
Meowth's Song

BGM:

OK! Instrumental
The unreleased, unnamed 4Kids BGM (Ep. 1 when Ash steals the bike, Jan's flashback in The Pi-Kahuna)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I love Dori Dori/Drea Drea. I hope there's variations of the theme as well as an instrumental version of it that plays during Serena's Showcases and big moments.

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
Long list incoming

Favourites in bold.

Japanese
Mesaze(?) Pokémon Master (& remix) [Aim to be a Pokémon Master]
The Rivals
Ready Go!
Advance Adventure
Challenger!!
Battle Frontier
Together
Saikou - Everyday! [The Greatest - Everyday!]
Best Wishes!
Yajirushi ni Natte! [Be an Arrow!] (An anime opening song... with a title that's 100% Japanese?)
V (Volt)

Pokettaari Monsutaari [Pocket-ering Monster-ing]
Soko ni Sora ga Aru Kara [Because the Sky is There]
Ashita wa Kitto [Surely Tomorrow]
Mite Mite☆Kotchitchi [Look Look☆Here]
Te o Tsunagou [Let's Join Hands]
Peace Smile!

Dub
Pokémon World
Make a Wish (IT'S UP TO YOU~)
Unbeatable
We Will be Heroes (I could remember the whole TV version after not hearing it for several years.)
Battle Cry (Stand Up!)

...I've never really payed much attention to ordinary BGM, though.