• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Anime Songs and Background Music

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
My favorite japanese op is a tie between V Volt and Greatest Everyday My favorite Ending is Dawn's Theme

The Greatest Everyday was amazing especially the imagery. I wish it had featured Rica instead of Fumie Akiyoshi tho. ^^

My favorites are:-
I only know songs from the English dub. Some are in Japanese too though.
Misty's song - (It was in the album 2 B.A. Master)
Tears of Life - (Pokemon: The First Movie Soundtrack)
The Legend Comes to Life (Lugia's Song) - (Pokemon: The Movie 2000)
Tears After the Cloudy Weather (Pokemon's 1st episode- Pikachu is attacked by spearrows) - (Pokemon Sound Anime Collection)
Gotta Catch Em All (The original Pokemon Theme) - (Pokemon X: Ten Years of Pokemon)

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Secret Garden song from the Latios movie is my favorite insert song in the whole series. I liked that the lyrics were in English.

DatsRight

I will admit to loving the original English theme, particularly the cover used in the first movie. One of the better instances of music replacement in the dub.

I will also admit the first Pokerap from the early OS dub is a guilty pleasure of mine. It's also one thing us Western lot beat the Japanese original to, though the tune to the first US version was just so catchy.

A lot of the rearrangements of the games BGM is a joy to hear, to the point I'd love to hear a game that used those versions. One of my particular favourites is the Kanto Gym Battle theme ('Persistent Pokemon' in the OST). Shame it was only used in about two gym battles though. Oh and the Team Rocket motto themes, particularly the XY remix of the original.

For Japanese themes I'm loving DoriDori and Rocket-dan Danka.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I love the Serena's version of Dori Dori as well as the original version.
I also like Advanced Adventure Instrumental bgm.

Ampharosity

Electric Enthusiast
For me, I'd say in the Japanese sub, my favorite one is the current one XY&Z. There's something about  いこう Z! that really gets me going. As for the English dub, I really can't deny that the first one will always be my favorite... I wanna be the very best, that no one ever was... :) For instrumentals, Oracion from Darkrai's movie will always be the best!!!!! <3

DatsRight

Oh, I almost forgot 'Catch Me If You Can', an adorable little pop theme that sadly only had very brief use in the first Pikachu short.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
My most recent fave piece of BGM from the anime is "Type: Wild." I love the energy of Ash's seiyuu while she sings that song. <3

Rourey

Banned
The one definitive favorite OST from the anime for me is As Long As I Can Hold My Breath from Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea.

DatsRight

Oh and of course Burning Battlefield from the early series. For some reason I always thought the Kanto Trainer theme was kinda dreary, though the anime remix sounded way more intense and exciting (shame they missed out one the most dramatic riffs though). It helped it was nearly always used for the more tense battles (it was pretty much Ash and Team Rocket's "Oh, it is ON!" theme, eg. Do I Hear A Ralts).

I could only really remember the OPs and EDs for the most part. :p My favorite OPs come from the Battle Frontier arc, particularly "Battle Frontier" and "Spurt!" "Aim to be a Pokemon Master" is a classic, but I prefer the movie 4 version of it (not the Whiteberry remix), as it felt more fast-paced and action-packed.

For the OSTs, on the other hand, my favorite is definitely the instrumental version of "OK!" It's probably the best battle theme in the anime IMO, made far more epic by the fact that it played when Ash won against his greatest rival yet, Gary, in the Johto League. The Hoenn battle theme is okay. It's my second favorite and has nostalgic value. It's based on the AG's first OP, "Advance Adventure", which is an incredibly catchy OP by itself.

Now if only they make a battle theme based on Spurt...

Well, Lugia's Song I guess is probably one of my favourites, but XY&Z, V-volt, Kirakira and some others I can't find anywhere and don't know the names of are pretty good too. I also like Be An Arrow.