• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite/ Best SubSeed

Fruits26

It's GATR time!
What is your opinion on SubSeeders, and which is your favourite? :)

I personally like Sceptile and Simisage. Mostly beacuse of their looks X) Breloom is cool too, but I prefer him on the bulky set.
;286;

In general SubSeed is a terrible predictable strategy that doesn't really accomplish anything fast enough. A few Pokes can do it well enough. To SubSeed you need to do something ELSE (Whimiscott is horrible, never use it).

Ludicolo in Rain can SubSeed practically forever. Sub + Leech Seed + Giga Drain + Scald or something isn't completely terrible and has numerous chances to set up.

Breloom can SubSeed but has the added benefit of Focus Punch and Spore. It's not as good anymore because of Sub Gengar, Dragonite, Dual Chop CB Haxorus and Reuniclus.

Yeah, Breloom is probably the best since it has Poison Heal and...the other stuff. Shaymin is kinda neat since, besides SubSeed, it can mess with a handful of Pokemon with a powerful Seed Flare and random SpD drops, but even then I'd rather just run an offensive set with Rest. I guess that's the main problem with SubSeed sets: it's hard to find a reason to use it over other sets. Breloom has it nice because Focus Punch also takes advantage of the Sub and, between Leech Seed and Poison Heal, it can spam Sub and have its health remain relatively unchanged. Whimiscott also uses it a lot because...that's about all it can do. Other Pokemon, like Sceptile and Shaymin, have other sets that are usually far more appealing.

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
Yes, Breloom is my favorite as well. It fits the role perfectly, with Toxic Heal, Spore, and STAB Focus Punch.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
O god, we have gotten to the point where we just name our favorites on things >.<

Anyways, I think protect can almost always be used over substitute. I think see period can do the job fairly well, as well as ferrothorn (if it learns sub)

Zachmac

O god, we have gotten to the point where we just name our favorites on things >.<

Anyways, I think protect can almost always be used over substitute. I think see period can do the job fairly well, as well as ferrothorn (if it learns sub)
Um...The title kinda has favorite in it's name.

Yeah, of course Ferrothorn gets substitute. It's like protect, almost every pokemon gets it. Speaking of which, I've seen a SubSeed Ferrothorn before. It was a pain in the rear. It pretty much played like a Substitute/Protect Gliscor, except that I could get over the status by swapping out...and let more of those darn hazards stack.

I've been having quite a bit of fun using Subseed Ludicolo lately, which is just a huge pain in the *** if you're playing against in.

irock245

She wants it
Since there is no objection for any tier of subseeding, Shaymin-S

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
^It loves to run it's offensive sets, as it's Subs will never really last long in Ubers. But it loves smashing them Grass-Types with 60% flinch Air Slash.

Vandslaux

Since there is no objection for any tier of subseeding, Shaymin-S

Basically any Scarfer OHKOes it before it can get a Leech Seed in and Sub. ScarfOgre can live a Seed Flare and Ice Beam you into oblivion. Zekrom OHKOes with Bolt Strike, I'm pretty sure. Reshiram, let's not even go there.

Sceptile is the fastest decent SubSeeder

SubSeed Shaymin-S sort of sucks for the reasons listed above, but it's better and faster than Sceptile.

irock245

She wants it
I meant that as my favorite. Since it does say that in the thread.

Subseed Shaymin S is a monster. It forces tons of switches because its so scary and totally craps on "counters" with Subseed.

Soperman

The One and Only
Subseed Ferro is so good, I won a massive stall war with it once.
Basically, so long as hazards are up and it has Power Whip, it can survive forever ^u^

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Personally, in OU I like using Shaymin, as it can help lure in and deal with Scizor, once they realise it's SubSeed, and then their Scizor's gone for the rest of the match. It also has powerful moves that can do damage, while it can outlast Dragonite, as well as many others.

I liked running SubSeed Venusaur in the Sun at one point. First turn you'd Sleep Powder, then Sub as they switch out, and then set a Leech on them. It could deal with any opposing grass types with a sun boosted Hidden Power [Fire], letting it lure in certain threats such as Ferrothorn, who thought it was safe to wall.

Other SubSeeders don't catch my eye because they have no interesting features. Breloom is the only one other than those two (and personally I don't think Venusaur is good, it's just fun) that seems remotely interesting, as it can actually KO some stuff, unlike Whimsicott.