• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Books?

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
I've been stuck to Rick Riordan's 'The Mark of Athena', mostly because the lack of Percabeth in 'The Lost Hero' and 'The Son on Neptune'. Thought the Percy Jackson books were good? Heroes of Olympus blows it outta the water! (You'll get the crappy pun if you read the books!) But now I need the House of Hades NOW!!!!

If you don't know what it is, it's a continuation of The Percy Jackson series. And if you haven't read that, read it! It's way better then the Film.

Estellise

peachy
My favourite book of all time is The Wizard of Oz. I like its fantasy-ness, and how it's written...
Coming in a close second is Darth Vader and Son...

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
I'm not sure what my absolute favorite is. Red and Mortal both by Ted Dekker, The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien, Dead Space: Martyr by B.K. Evenson, and The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan are all contenders for that title. Should I just be selfish and say my two stories, Ex Tenebris Lux and Star Soul are my favorite?

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
why do people ask such hard questions XD
well, i guess ill list some XD
[spoil]
1st
sherlock holmes series (nuff said)

2nd
a series of unfortunate events (this is mostly just a nostalgia series for me)

3rd
animorphs (same as #2)

4th
inkheart trilogy (this one seems very underrated seeing as how good it is)

5th
jurassic park/lost world (the movies were epic and the book was infinitely more so)

6th
leviathan trilogy (i just read this one recently and im still pretty into it so that may have affected this XD)

7th
peter and the starcatchers (this prequel to Peter Pan was amazing. Peter Pan was always my favorite movie as a kid so reading this was epic, and seeing as they are making a movie on it, makes it all the better)

8th
Huckleberry Finn (yeah i said it)

9th
Nancy Drew/Hardy boys (a part of my childhood that ill never forget)

10th
Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights series (if someone were to hack my library card records, id be embarrassed how many times these books would come up XD)

my god, this list is so short XD
i have read so many good books its not even funny, its hard to pick just a few that you like the most.
[/spoil]

pokemon player

Sylveon, tho.
I love the Harry Potter books, and what I've read of the Hunger Games is excellent.

Unoin

I mostly just read a bit of everything nowadays but I love Enid Blyton's books. All the stories were magic and had good lessons too

Owlbituary

Shiny Addict
Ever since I was maybe about eight, I've loved the His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman. I always find myself coming back to it.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
The Harry Potter series is the only series I have ever liked enough to continue past the first installment and finish. I read all but the last Series of Unfortunate Event books but by the time the last one was released, I just wasn't interested.

Anyways, Harry Potter has consumed a very large amount of my life since age 11. I wouldn't trade my love for Harry Potter for anything in the world.

Serebii!

I started reading The Hunger Games but I don't have a copy of the book myself, so I never got to finish it, though I would really like to

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
I'm not a big reader, so I can only comfortably give a top 3.

1. Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card
2. A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
3. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

why do people ask such hard questions XD
well, i guess ill list some XD
[spoil]
1st
sherlock holmes series (nuff said)

2nd
a series of unfortunate events (this is mostly just a nostalgia series for me)

3rd
animorphs (same as #2)

4th
inkheart trilogy (this one seems very underrated seeing as how good it is)

5th
jurassic park/lost world (the movies were epic and the book was infinitely more so)

6th
leviathan trilogy (i just read this one recently and im still pretty into it so that may have affected this XD)

7th
peter and the starcatchers (this prequel to Peter Pan was amazing. Peter Pan was always my favorite movie as a kid so reading this was epic, and seeing as they are making a movie on it, makes it all the better)

8th
Huckleberry Finn (yeah i said it)

9th
Nancy Drew/Hardy boys (a part of my childhood that ill never forget)

10th
Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights series (if someone were to hack my library card records, id be embarrassed how many times these books would come up XD)

my god, this list is so short XD
i have read so many good books its not even funny, its hard to pick just a few that you like the most.
[/spoil]

This list is awesome. Mine is almost identical except Star Wars is in 1st place with everything else shifting down one and 4, 5 and 7 being replaced by LOTR, Null-A-Continuum and the Goosebumps series because I haven't read your 4,5, and 7 yet.

ebevan91

A Song of Ice and Fire

More specifically, A Storm of Swords.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Outside of some manga, I have no clue anymore. I read a lot as a kid, and my favorite series when I was young were Harry Potter, A Series of Unfortunate Events, and Nancy Drew. Because I pretty much just read my books once and never touch them again, I have no idea anymore what's my favorite book. If I have to pick one, though, it'd be Song in the Silence by Elizabeth Kerner. It's a fantasy book about a woman who dreams to see a dragon. When she does, she and the dragon actually have a romance. Yeah. It's better than it sounds, I swear.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
Ivor Matanle's WWII book is the only favourite book of mine. I just love history and books about warfare.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Do comicbooks count? I'm not a big fan of standard literature, I always get bored as I never get hooked due to bland visual presentation.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
That isn't a comic?

Marcello in the Real World. Such a beautiful covered book and I understand it too well.