• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Disney movies

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I think that's one of the reasons why Mom never did get Hunchback of Notre Dame when I was little. I don't doubt she noticed the adult content in the movie (heck, she commented on "Hellfire" just by listening to it, so it's obvious she knew what was in it), but she really liked it. And Disney's good at appealing to both audiences, so I can't really complain.

But of course, every "family friendly" studio inserts adult jokes into their work, so...

MegSuicune251

Pokemon's #1 Fan
Lol, dont forget the topless woman in The Rescuers. Its only there for a frame though. Look it up. Apparently, some angry Disney employee inserted it into the movie as a prank.

To get back on topic, my favorite classic Disney movies are Fantasia, Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty.
Favorite modern ones are Mulan, Aladdin, The Lion King, The Lion King 1.5 and every movie in the Lilo & Stitch trilogy.
Favorite Pixar movies are every Toy Story movie, Monsters Inc. and Finding Nemo.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Lol, dont forget the topless woman in The Rescuers. Its only there for a frame though. Look it up. Apparently, some angry Disney employee inserted it into the movie as a prank.

That's only in the VHS release.

About a couple of days ago, I was at the dentist, and the Disney Channel was on. I don't know how many of you all know about this, but they're re-releasing Beauty and the Beast. In 3D.

Disney... stop making a quick buck off a popular movie by making it "3D", when it originally was made WITHOUT the thought of 3D in mind. The only scene that was done with 3D graphics was the ballroom scene, and though it still looks great, it does show signs of age. It's most likely not going to look good in 3D. At least with the wildebeest stampede, they went over it and outlined them and colored them up to look like they WEREN'T conspicuous 3D.

If you are desperate to make money off movies, Disney, then either keep making more damn movies, 3D or 2D-animated movies, or just advertise some more, though in all honesty, you're doing well in both departments. Just stop joining in on the craze like this. Dollar theaters I can understand if you release them in their NORMAL state for a short amount of time, my mom took me to see The Little Mermaid in one of these theaters at the mall in '97.

But for God's sake, STOP RE-RELEASING THEM IN 3D. It just makes you look desperate. As much as we all would like to see our favorite movie on the big screen when we passed on the chance or were too young to remember, the dollar theaters are there for that purpose. If all you're doing is going back through your archives at what movies were popular and just "revamping" them up, then that really isn't a good sign. Just make more movies, you're good at making new movies!

Is this another advertisement for a Beauty and the Beast Diamond Edition or something like it was for The Lion King? Yeah, you were just advertising for a Diamond Edition for The Lion King, which is why it was out for only two weeks, and then shortly afterward, the DVDs and Blu-Rays were out in stores. Is that what this is? If it is, Disney, SHAME ON YOU.

You may be making other fans squee with joy to see these movies on the big-screen again, but you're only pissing some of us off. I love your work honest-to-goodness, but I'm not for you doing this to your movies. I got mad at Pixar for re-releasing Toy Story and Toy Story 2 in theaters just before the third installment did, because it's like they thought we all forgot about the Toys and needed a little reminder of it. Some of us don't like being babied like that, and this is how I feel just by watching the commercials for that, like we're idiots and forgot about them. Or that we're such die-hard fans, we just HAVE to go see a movie from our childhood back on the big screen, but with big dorky glasses to make them pop out at us! That wasn't in our childhood, awesomesauce!

This is strike two, Disney. If I see another damn commercial about another popular movie (and my guess it's going to be The Little Mermaid) coming out in 3D, I'm officially going to stop supporting you and stop buying anymore of your movies and merchandise, and giving you more of my money, because by this time, you just aren't deserving any more of it. You are already making enough money around the world, you aren't going to miss one of your customers. And besides, DreamWorks is looking promising for future releases, and I'm proud of them for finally realizing they can make original movies without the hate of Disney, and thus can focus on making them. Especially since Shrek is now over and done with, and Kung Fu Panda does have a bright future ahead of it.

*long sigh*

I apologize for the length, guys, but I just wanted to get that off of my chest (and I didn't want to make a thread that has this rant as the OP). I really love Beauty and the Beast, but I can't bear to see this happen to it. I'm afraid it's even going to be the "special edition" version, which belongs on the DVD and should just stay there.

Electricbluewolf

*pours beans down the waterslide*
But for God's sake, STOP RE-RELEASING THEM IN 3D. It just makes you look desperate. As much as we all would like to see our favorite movie on the big screen when we passed on the chance or were too young to remember, the dollar theaters are there for that purpose. If all you're doing is going back through your archives at what movies were popular and just "revamping" them up, then that really isn't a good sign. Just make more movies, you're good at making new movies!

As much as I loved the Lion King 3d, I have to agree with you. I felt that Disney (As Lion King is a popular Disney choice) is just soaking every money drop out of them. I love all the Lion King movies, but I prefer to watch them with the "older" technology-the 3d one was revamped to make it look better and more colorful, and part of why I loved the Lion King as a kid was that it still had the "old" look of animation.

But on topic, Lion King is fav, followed by Aristocats. Then the others.

torchicflame

Big charmander fan!
My favorite disney movies would have to be Lion king, Oliver and Company, Tangled, The Princess and the frog, Aristocats, Brother Bear, Bolt, 101 dalmatians, Mulan, Lilo and stitch, Three caballeros, Alice in wonderland, Lady and the Tramp, Sword in the Stone, Fox in the hound (even though i cry every time).

For pixar it would be Bugs life, Ratatouille, Monster's Inc., and Toy story

Even though i pretty much like all the movies they made so far the ones i listed were just favs. When I was younger i thought Chicken Little was pretty good. The sequels/prequels they made i'm not too sure about i haven't seen all of them. Every time i watch Lion king 2 I fall asleep X'D b/c I was so used to watching a movie before i took naps when i was younger.

But i am excited for Pixar's new film Brave the trailer is so beautiful landscape wise.

CaptainGarchomp

Events&ShiniesTrader
My Favourites,would be Cars 2,Toy Story 3 and Ratatouille

Meowth City

Staff member
Can't believe I forgot to mention Ratatouille. I just watched it again yesterday and I still love it - definitely one of my favourite Disney/Pixar movies. I also have a Remy plush that I bought when the movie first came out.

Danny1221

My tweet from 2 days ago: Not a Pixar fan or anything :$ http://yfrog.com/oev2oggj

I love Pixar films toy story been my favorite they just make everything a big hit they are to good at their job. I watched toy story 3 in the cinemas when i was 16, and plan on watching monsters inc 2 in November of next year when they bring it out. Toy story 3 was big hit with the people who were kids when 1 and 2 came out.

Other disney films I enjoy are lilo and stitch and pirate sof the Caribbean. The original mikey mouse and oc were also good.

Pixar must make half of Disney big hits though.

Building up my Disney collection

Origami_Zekrom

Where I shouldn't be
Lilo and Stitch series
Sorcerer's Apprentice
Pirates of the Caribbean series

:644:

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Well, let's get the new age movies everyone else has already mentioned down first - I always enjoyed things such as Lion King (tons of great roles and musical numbers, little not to like), The Little Mermaid (this one actually kind of scared me when I was little, but it's got some pretty awesome musical numbers, and I actually had a lot of fun watching the sequel as a kid. Besides, I like sea creatures) Aladdin (Robin Williams was hilarious in this one, it's kind of too bad that role got him in a grudge against Disney), and Mulan (just watched it recently, it recently occurred to me just how progressive that movie was in Disney's history of gender roles. Plus, I loved Make a Man Out of You, made better by my sister's getting hyped enough on it to take to playing it on her acoustic guitar).

And of course, there's Pixar. I love just about everything they make (except Cars, really couldn't stand that one). Monsters Inc. and The Incredibles stand out after I've watched them enough times to be immersed in them. Plus, I like the Incredibles' themes of how it might not always be a good idea to brush the annoying little twerp aside like garbage, and that being a brutal killer who doesn't care about who dies in your quest for power doesn't make you strong. A Bug's Life was also a favourite of my childhood.

But if I had to pick a favourite out of all of those features it would have to be...Robin Hood. Yes, you heard right. Robin Hood has to be the most underrated Disney animated movie of all time. It's so underrated that the people who make the list of underrated Disney films underrate it. Me and my family love that movie so much we can practically recite every line from it. The animation may be dirt cheap, and borrow as much from everything else as possible, but its number of fantastic, memorable, quotable lines make it a great watch without the aid of brilliant animation or effects. Definite family favourite.

There's plenty of other good stuff in that era of films as well. Yes, the animation was in a depression, but there was some pretty great writing in there. I've always loved watching Sword in the Stone (what's not to love about the wizards' duel?), and the Aristocats (also had a song my sister always loved to play, and Pat Buttram was as funny as in Robin Hood). And Alice in Wonderland can't be forgotten, seeing as I had a pretty much chronic obsession with it as a child (couldn't get enough of all that wacky Tulgey Wood wildlife).

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I saw Home on the Range the other day and I actually really liked that film. The only weird part was when the Cows were high.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
My favorites are The Lion King and Fox And The Hound. Both were a huge part in my childhood.

If we're also saying that Pixar movies are Disney movies, then add Toy Story, The Incredibles, and Up to that list.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
My favorites are The Lion King and Fox And The Hound. Both were a huge part in my childhood.

If we're also saying that Pixar movies are Disney movies, then add Toy Story, The Incredibles, and Up to that list.

I know you love that Lion King ahaha <3

mockingjay

swift and lol
most recent favorite disney movie would have to be 'lemonade mouth'

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
My favorite Disney movies are as follows:

The Lion King (#1 movie I've ever seen)

The Jungle Book (the original, not the sequel)

Toy Story (the original was the best!)

Aladdin

Finding Nemo

A Bug's Life (there was a message about using intimidation for power in this one. Watch the scene after Hopper yanks out the container that stored rocks and pay attention to what he says).