• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite episodes of shows you hate.

Joycap

The Smogonites' personal George Orwell
Consider this the inverse of @CastletonSnob's thread of the same name (well, not the same name, but... look, you get what I mean, right?).

In my case, it would be Episode 8 of Your Lie in April. Yeah, I said it, I hate YLiA, and to the derision of... many, I have made it no secret. Between idiotic characters that made illogical decisions every step of the way, tone-deaf sugarcoating of it's themes, and what passes for symbolism being beaten into your head so hard, Bob resigns from nailing it's degenerates to a cross (to say nothing of the walking plot nuke that was Saki Arima), you wouldn't exactly catch me dead chucking many complements it's way.

However, credit where it's due, and imho that comes in the form of Episode 8. To put it simply, Episode 8 was just kind of a breath of fresh air, away from seeing Kousei get his head beaten in by the world, and allows the recently introduced Emi (and by extension Takeshi) to take the stage. Both Emi and Takeshi, while a bit flat, are certainly far more sound from a narrative standpoint, simply being other rivals for Kousei to combat on a fundamental level. They also have FAR less baggage than the main 4 in question, and as a result don't make logical decisions that require a 2-drink minimum to even vaguely comprehend. Emi's place and choice of song on the piano also fit her personality well (and the fact that she looks HOT in that dress), and her performance isn't bogged down by syncing issues found in the rest of the show. Sure, 'let it ring' repeated makes it feel like you're trying to employ hypnosis with a drill, but compared to the rest of this 7-11 train wreck of a show, that's a minor nitpick, and I'll take whatever little wins I can get at this point.

...y'know, if you didn't precede Episode 9... which is just kid Kousei getting his head scrambled by his mother for 10 minutes straight... and Kaori having way too many prescriptions on her person (and nothing else) for what is a 3-4hr aftern... ok, you know what? I'm just going to see myself out of this paragraph before I have an aneurysm...

Last edited:

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
I don't like Yu-Gi-Oh at all, but one episode that my older siblings forced me to watch years ago was "Tomb of the Nameless King" (or something like that...) Also known as "The Ultimate Game" in Japan, it was all about in the 60's, where the grandpa (voiced by the same woman who voiced Meowth, RIP Madeline Blaunstein) and two bandits were in search for treasure, only to get killed by traps in the grave. However, the grandpa survives thanks to a blurred out light (4Kids dub only, uncensored in Japan) that is actually the Egyptian King himself, and grandpa goes back with the Millenium Puzzle as a memento... However it's been 5 years since I saw that episode, I forgot a lot about it...

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Serena's Showcase debut (Pokemon XY episode 60). I thought it was one of the better episodes of the series and seeing Serena getting alot of focus was a breath of fresh air after having characters like Ash and Bonnie shoved down my throat in most of the episodes before this one.

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
This is an interesting play on the other thread, I'll give you that. Hmm, a show I didn't like, but an episode I did...
Show: Two and a Half Men
Episode: When Charlie Sheen and his brother (played by the fantastic John Cryer) get sick, but try to help each other feel better in time for their dates. I didn't watch much of the show at all, but that one really stuck out as a pretty funny episode. If they were all as good as that one, I may have put more time into it.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Um, I don't watch shows I hate (as I doubt most people do), but for the closest thing, I'll say "The Treasure Is All Mine!" from the Sinnoh portion of Pokemon. Its humor is spot-on (Ash and Brock just casually discussing James' tragic backstory with Dawn while sipping tea) and it has continuity in the form of Jessiebelle, one of the more interesting side characters in the show's history.

Last edited: