• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Fairy-Type Pokémon?

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Although the Fairy type is pretty new, only being introduced in Gen 6, it has nevertheless already included some memorable members. So who are your favourite Fairy types?

Mine are:

1. Primarina
  2. Azumarill
  3. Sylveon
  4. Togekiss
  5. Hatterene
  6. Mimikyu
  7. Tapu Fini
  8. Comfey
  9. Diancie
  10. Xerneas
Honorable mentions:

• Clefable
  • Mr. Mime
  • Granbull
  • Mawile
  • Mega Audino
  • Whimsicott
  • Ribombee
  • The other Tapus
  • Alcremie
  • Grimmsnarl
  • Zamazenta

Last edited:

KingstonUponHulbury

My preference is for Fairies that aren't overwhelmingly twee, which means my pool of favourites is relatively small.

1: Galarian Weezing. I grew up near much of the UK's industrial heartland - near Stoke, no less - and given Weezing was already a solid placement on my favourites list, his Galarian form catapulted him into my top six. Heck, I cosplayed as one half of him last year(and happened to bump into another, taller half!). It also goes to show much of an impact a relatively small change can make to an existing Pokémon - Weezing went from the competitive doldrums to the top player in UU without a single change to his stats!

2: Grimmsnarl. Gotta love some nasty greenskins. One of Galar's strengths is casting the Fairy net wide to incorporate some folklore-ish/fey archetypes, and Grimmsnarl fits the bill perfectly. Quite the competitive hit, too, despite unspectacular stats.

3: Xerneas. My favourite Fairy for quite some time, again due to the fact that it embodies older, more mystical themes. After a slew of Dragons (or dragon-like creatures) dominating the box art, it was neat to get a more animalistic mascot.

KingstonUponHulbury

Sylveon and Magearna are my favorites. I always thought that Mew should've been turned into a half Fairy Pokemon in Generation 6 but for some reason GF didn't do that.

I always thought Mew had a more science-y rather than mystical vibe to it; y'know what with it resembling an embryo, Mewtwo's umbilical, that whole progenitor thing. Gen 1 had a lot of that dark science/impact of mankind stuff going on.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I hardly use Fairy-types on my teams however since I think most of them look too feminine, and my teams tend to have tough-looking Pokemon.

Impidimp, Morgrem and Grimmsnarl do look a bit masculine to me, so we do have a masculine-looking Fairy Pokémon. Primarina is also more likely to be male than female, so it could count as well, as can Mime Jr. and Mr. Mime (if they're male, obviously).

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Impidimp, Morgrem and Grimmsnarl do look a bit masculine to me, so we do have a masculine-looking Fairy Pokémon. Primarina is also more likely to be male than female, so it could count as well, as can Mime Jr. and Mr. Mime (if they're male, obviously).
They do counteract the claim that Fairy Pokémon are “too feminine.” Same with Galarian Weezing and to an extent Granbull. The Togepi line is sort of odd because they are almost always male yet they look really feminine with Togetic being the most feminine looking of the three. One line i still don’t understand why they didn’t become Fairy types is the Chansey line. Literally everything about those three scream Fairy type! They bring joy and happiness which is a thing most associated with being blessed by fairies, they learn several Fairy type attacks, Chansey brings good luck which is another thing fairies have been known to bestow on humans, and they will give their opponents items using Bestow which is similar to fairies leaving gifts out for humans to find. I’m ignoring the fact they’re in the Fairy Egg group as it doesn’t matter what typing the Pokémon have in the Groups since there’s always that one that makes absolutely no sense as to why they are even in that group e.g. Archen in Water Group 3.

catzeye

Writer's Block
I'll admit that the fairy typing isn't one of my favorites, but I still like a few of them

Mimikyu
Xerneas
Galarian Rapidash
Mega Audino
Togepi
Zacian

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I don’t hate Fairy but most of the Pokémon don’t stick out to me.

1) Grimmsnarl
2) Tapu Koko
3) Primarina
4) Mr Mime/Mime Jr
5) Xerneas
6) Slurpuff
7) Aromatisse/Slurpuff
8) Togekiss
9) Shiinotic
10) Ribombee

Honorable mentions to the other Tapus, Milcery, and Florges

Monox D. I-Fly

3: Xerneas. My favourite Fairy for quite some time, again due to the fact that it embodies older, more mystical themes. After a slew of Dragons (or dragon-like creatures) dominating the box art, it was neat to get a more animalistic mascot.

Most Fairy-types looks ugly to me, but I do like Xerneas for the above reason. Bored of those Dragon/Godzilla-like Pokemon filling the Gen 1 & 4 Pokemon.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur

Most Fairy-types looks ugly to me, but I do like Xerneas for the above reason. Bored of those Dragon/Godzilla-like Pokemon filling the Gen 1 & 4 Pokemon.

Xerneas being the mascot for X was a nice counter to all the Dragons who dominated Gen 4 and 5's box art.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Mimikyu, best fairy type. Far an away the most interesting Pika Clone. Fun in the anime and interesting competitively.

Monox D. I-Fly

Xerneas being the mascot for X was a nice counter to all the Dragons who dominated Gen 4 and 5's box art.
Well, I seldom like mascot Pokemon, with the only ones I like are from Gen 3, 6, and 8. My most favorite one is gen 6 because the mascots looks like the titles if looked from the front (Xerneas looks like a big X and Yveltal looks like a big Y. This also applies to Zygarde).

RedJirachi

Veteran member
  • Gen I: Clefable. It's always been this cool rare Pokemon, it's from space and is rather appealing to me
  • Gen II: Togepi. Not a strong Pokemon, but it is adorable, I like it because it lets me use Metronome, and it introduces eggs to us
  • Gen III: Gardevoir isn't just a waifu, but a powerful one
  • Gen IV: Togekiss. Alright, I already mentioned its line, but still I don't have much choice here. And Togekiss was a well-needed evolution for Togetic
  • Gen V: Whimsicott by default
  • Gen VI: Look at my profile. Klefki really grew on me while waiting for another team member and I chose it
  • Gen VII: Has to go to Mimikyu. Great concept and design. No wonder Disguise was nerfed
  • Gen VIII: Either Hatterene the Ara Ara Pokemon or edgy boi Grimmsnarl