• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Game Show(s)

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Big money! Big money! I hope this thread goes well. I've been spending too much of my spare time watching game show goofs so I thought I would make this thread. You can nominate stuff that's not on the tube anymore. Don't forget to explain why. Maybe even share some facts here and there.

LizardonX

Banned
The only one I watch regularly is wheel of fortune since it's usually on during dinnertime.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Don't really watch a lot of TV, but I will sit down to watch Family Feud. I swear, is it just me, or did the show gain much more sexual innuendos over time, because I watched this show as a kid. Something tells me it was always there, and everything went over my head. Doesn't help the YouTube channel almost always posts clips of the show that involves sex in some way.

You know, for kids!

Another I've been getting into is The Newlywed Game (the ones presented by Bob Eubanks). Whether it's because I'm just dying to get married or what, there's just something about this game show that keeps me coming back to it. Probably because the answers are really, really odd. My favorite episode I've found so far is with the Bergs. "Closet Queen" XD.

Also, please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers Supermarket Sweep when it was on PAX back in the day. I have no idea why I watched this show other than the fact there was nothing else on, but DAMN did it make grocery shopping entertaining. I hate shopping, it bores me, but I swear that when I do go grocery shopping on my own, I'm going to pretend on I'm this game show to get me through it. (Just without all the running... of course... *shifty eyes*)

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Don't really watch a lot of TV, but I will sit down to watch Family Feud. I swear, is it just me, or did the show gain much more sexual innuendos over time, because I watched this show as a kid. Something tells me it was always there, and everything went over my head. Doesn't help the YouTube channel almost always posts clips of the show that involves sex in some way.

You know, for kids!

Another I've been getting into is The Newlywed Game (the ones presented by Bob Eubanks). Whether it's because I'm just dying to get married or what, there's just something about this game show that keeps me coming back to it. Probably because the answers are really, really odd. My favorite episode I've found so far is with the Bergs. "Closet Queen" XD.

Also, please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers Supermarket Sweep when it was on PAX back in the day. I have no idea why I watched this show other than the fact there was nothing else on, but DAMN did it make grocery shopping entertaining. I hate shopping, it bores me, but I swear that when I do go grocery shopping on my own, I'm going to pretend on I'm this game show to get me through it. (Just without all the running... of course... *shifty eyes*)

i noticed that about feud also, but i think its funny. XD
anyhoo, my favorite GS's are feud and jeopardy, which i watch almost daily, and i used to watch deal or no deal when it was on.

Estellise

peachy
My favourite of all time is The Price Is Right. I also like the Family Feud, but the newer episodes are kinda ehhh...

Bananarama

The light is coming
Gsn used to be my default channel. :D

I love The Weakest Link, Whammy, Jeopardy, Deal or no Deal, and a couple of others I forgot about.

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
I watch Jeopardy every night just to see how my knowledge compares to them and so I can get pumped when I know things they don't :p

I always like watching family feud just to see the people that are completley stupid and screw their families over with awful answers. Then everyone still claps and says "good answer, good answer"

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Deal or No Deal: A game that requires absolutely no skill to play.

I also liked The Weakest Link for being a faster paced trivia game.

Also, please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers Supermarket Sweep

I used to watch it. The actual sweep was SO exploitable it was ridiculous.

Smart players didn't even go for the food. They went into whatever seasonal aisle there was and just grabbed 50 Garden Hoses.

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!
Ohh that's easy, Family Feud with Steve Harvey as host, it was the funniest game show.

Stereotypical Nerd

Gotta love Jeopardy, Weakest Link, and Family Feud (I swear this is the easiest game show in history. My family would do well...)

I wonder if Double Dare counts. OMG loved that <3

In the Netherlands, there used to be a show called "Rat Van Fortuin", based on the British game show "Distraction". In that show, candidates could earn prizes by answering questions under horrible circumstances. For example, being on a fake bull, only being allowed to answer questions when hanging on the bull. Another example is a fake phone cell, for every right answer, a person joined the candidate in the phone cell, ending up with a full phone cell with a crapload of people. In the final round, the last candidate left could either win 5000 Euro or a car, by answering five questions. However, for every mistake, the prize would be less good: for every wrong answer, either 1000 Euro gets burned or a part of the car gets ruined.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Recently, I've been very interested in the Game of Thrones. just finished the secound season.

725roy

ambivolent
If reality TV game shows count, then The Amazing Race, and Survivor. The latter I seem to have an obsession with.

indigohex

I have to say The Amazing Race and The Mole.