1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favourite Gen 5 Elite 4 member?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by RedBlastoise, Aug 1, 2020 at 12:31 AM.

?

Favourite Elite 4 member

1. Grimsley

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Shauntal

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  3. Marshal

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Caitlin

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Cerulean Blues

Who is your favourite Elite 4 member in B/W/B2/W2 and why. Is this character your favourite because they were easy to beat or is it because they looked cool?

My favorite is Grimsley because he looked like a cool gambler and a vampire at the same time.

Sakuyamon and NovaBrunswick like this.
  2. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

Shauntal, because she's a writer and kind of looks like me. But I also like Caitlin because she previously appeared in Platinum (at the Battle Castle with Darach) and also because of her design.

TwilightBlade and Sakuyamon like this.
  3. Sakuyamon

Sakuyamon Well-Known Member

I liked Shauntal because she looked like a cute librarian. She had the easiest team to beat too so I always challenged her first before the other Elite Four members.

4. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Shikimi (Shauntal) is my favorite member of the Gen V Four Heavenly Kings (Elite Four), followed by Giima (Grimsley). I don't like the other two members much.

5. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded An enigma

Grimsley.

Do people even remember Marshal?

jaden767, NovaBrunswick and Leonhart like this.
  6. Ishiftyounot

Ishiftyounot Master Procrastinator

What's a Marshall?

Jokes aside, I'll have to give it to Grimsley or Shauntal. Ghostwriter lady was a cool idea and Unova had some really amazing Ghost types, and Grimsley was peak Dark type user until Nanu and Piers showed up. Caitlin was a nice call-back but I lacked interest in the Sinnoh Battle Frontier way back then so it fell kind-of flat for me. And Marshall was just... generic Fighting type user.

Honestly they all could've used an appearance or two outside of the Elite 4 (Alder mentions Marshall to the player and Cheren in the original BW games at Twist Mountain and I suspect Caitlin appeared once in the post-game?) but they had pretty cool rooms to visit, like the E4 rooms in Platinum. Also they needed more than 4 Pokemon, 5 at a minimum would've been better even if there's only 4 Ghost type lines in Unova.

7. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Well-Known Member

Shauntal and Caitlin are my favourite Unova Elite Four members. Shauntal because she's a writer like me and Caitlin because she looks pretty and elegant like a princess. :]

8. NovaBrunswick

Caitlin appeared as one of the visitors to Cynthia's villa in Undella Town in the post-game. Some of the (female) Unova Gym Leaders appeared there too.

9. jaden767

jaden767 Amphetamine

I liked Marshal. I know he's not a popular character but I thought he looked cool like a wrestler from the 90's. Shauntal looks cute too. :)

10. Nebbygetinthebag

Nebbygetinthebag Well-Known Member

Grimsley I like his design and he seem like a cool dude.

Leonhart and NovaBrunswick like this.
  11. Monster Guy

Monster Guy Fairy type Trainer

Shauntal and Caitlin

Shauntal because she's a Ghostwriter.

Caitlin because she uses Musharna.

Leonhart and NovaBrunswick like this.
  12. NovaBrunswick

A literal ghostwriter at that. :p:D

RedBlastoise likes this.
  13. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Caitlin, sincе I don't likе thе rеst of thе Еlitе Four dеsign-wisе and bеcausе shе has an intеrеsting backstory.

RedBlastoise likes this.