• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Gen 5 Elite 4 member?

Favourite Elite 4 member

• Grimsley

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Shauntal

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Marshal

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Caitlin

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
Who is your favourite Elite 4 member in B/W/B2/W2 and why. Is this character your favourite because they were easy to beat or is it because they looked cool?

My favorite is Grimsley because he looked like a cool gambler and a vampire at the same time.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Shauntal, because she's a writer and kind of looks like me. But I also like Caitlin because she previously appeared in Platinum (at the Battle Castle with Darach) and also because of her design.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Do people even remember Marshal?

What's a Marshall?

Jokes aside, I'll have to give it to Grimsley or Shauntal. Ghostwriter lady was a cool idea and Unova had some really amazing Ghost types, and Grimsley was peak Dark type user until Nanu and Piers showed up. Caitlin was a nice call-back but I lacked interest in the Sinnoh Battle Frontier way back then so it fell kind-of flat for me. And Marshall was just... generic Fighting type user.

Honestly they all could've used an appearance or two outside of the Elite 4 (Alder mentions Marshall to the player and Cheren in the original BW games at Twist Mountain and I suspect Caitlin appeared once in the post-game?) but they had pretty cool rooms to visit, like the E4 rooms in Platinum. Also they needed more than 4 Pokemon, 5 at a minimum would've been better even if there's only 4 Ghost type lines in Unova.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Honestly they all could've used an appearance or two outside of the Elite 4 (Alder mentions Marshall to the player and Cheren in the original BW games at Twist Mountain and I suspect Caitlin appeared once in the post-game?) but they had pretty cool rooms to visit, like the E4 rooms in Platinum. Also they needed more than 4 Pokemon, 5 at a minimum would've been better even if there's only 4 Ghost type lines in Unova.

Caitlin appeared as one of the visitors to Cynthia's villa in Undella Town in the post-game. Some of the (female) Unova Gym Leaders appeared there too.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Marshall easily. I like how he's a parallel to Cheren with his mentor Alder. He’s not complex as all he wants is to keep getting stronger and reach his peak either strong rivals. Plus he has a a great design that reminds me of Street Fighter characters.

zolios

It's Marshal for me because he was always the hardest one to beat in every Gen 5 playthrough I did so now I consider him to be the strongest Unova Elite 4 member.

Even when I have a Flying or a Psychic type on my team I still can't just sweep through Marshal's team because it's full of very strong Pokemon that will eventually always defeat that one Pokemon with an advantageous type against them and give me a hard time for the rest of the battle. Gen 5 had some really strong Fighting types and battle against Marshal proves that. So because he always poses a challenge no matter what, like every good Elite 4 member should, Marshal became my favorite member of the Unova's Elite 4. I also think he has a cool design on top of being a very strong Trainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.