• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Gen 8 Pokémon?

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
The eighth generation of Pokémon has once again brought some new favourites to the table. Which are your favourites out of the new bunch? Mine are:

• Rillaboom
  • Scorbunny
  • Corviknight
  • Orbeetle
  • Wooloo
  • Yamper
  • Appletun
  • Polteageist
  • Hatterene
  • Obstagoon
  • Alcremie
  • Snom
  • Frosmoth
  • Indeedee
  • Morpeko
  • Eiscue
  • Arctozolt
  • Zacian
  • Galarian Rapidash
  • Galarian Darmanitan

Last edited:

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Not in order (excluding competitive use):

Inteleon, Cinderace, Zacian, Toxtricity, Obstagoon, Corviknight, Hatterene, G. Rapidash, Eiscue, Dragapult.

Honorable mentions: Polteageist, Falinks, Sirfetch'd, Boltund.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
While not on the same level as Gen 7, I found most of Gen 8’s roster to be worth the wait. Only one I dislike is Greedent.

Dubwool, Cinderace, Toxtricity, Corviknight, Dragapault, Grimmsnarl, Obstagoon, Intelleon, Rillaboom, & Centiskorch are my favorites. These are in no particular order though I’d say Cinderace or Grimmsnarl (and their respective lines) are my favorite Gen 8 Pokémon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sarunori (Grookey) is my favorite Gen VIII Pokemon at the moment, and I'm saving some money so that I can buy some of its merchandise. I also really like Wanpachi (Yamper) now even though I was neutral about it when it was first revealed. I'm still not used to all the new Gen VIII Pokemon, so I might add a few more of my favorites later on.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
In no particular order my top 10 favourites are:

1. Corviknight
2. Rillaboom
3. Centiskorch
4. Hatterene
5. Grimmsnarl
6. Toxtricity
7. Zacian
8. Falinks
9. Frosmoth
10. Inteleon

Honourable mentions: Drednaw, Dragapult, Barraskewda, Eternatus, Snom and Sirfetch'd

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
In order from most liked to least liked:

849.png
Toxtricity
823.png
Corviknight
889-c.png
Zamazenta
842.png
Appletun
887.png
Dragapult
851.png
Centiskorch
870.png
Falinks
826.png
Orbeetle
864.png
Cursola
858.png
Hatterene

Honourable mentions: Rillaboom, Inteleon, Drednaw, Grimmsnarl, Alcremie

This generation had some cool designs! There are loads of cool Pokemon to use, to the extent that I'm struggling to decide what ones to try out next in Shield, but this is my top 10 narrowed down I think. Galar did Psychic, Bug and Electric types proud, don't think any of the new Pokemon with those types look bad at all! I don't think any Pokemon has a design I really dislike, except maybe Eiscue and Stonjourner.

Kingudora

My favourite
My overall favorite from this gen is Centiskorch. It is stellar in almost every regard, from design to stats to movepool.

Other favorites from Galar are: Corviknight, Flapple, Sandaconda, Grapploct, Hatterene, Obstagoon, Cursola, Sirfetch'd, Runerigus and Dracozolt.

I also love the designs of the whole Dreepy family, they are such lovely goofballs!

captainfez3

The Chill Trainer
Appletun, Sirfetch'd, Pincurchin (sp?), and Hatterene. I also have to give a shout out to Cinderace. I loved Raboot's design and was not planning on evolving mine, but I eventually caved for the sake of being competitive and Cinderace really grew on me. Not top three as far as starters go, but definitely up there. He seems like he'd be fun to actually be on an adventure with.

Baggie_Saiyan

Tbf I like all of them but guess I will do a top 10.

10. Coalossal (Never was expected to like the region rock Mon but this thing looked so cool!)
9. Corviknight (One of the best region birds for sure).
8. Rillaboom (Unexpected but I love it's theme and design!)
7. Cramorant (This dopey bird is hilarious and first time I saw it with a Pikachu was literally a ROFL moment!)
6. Barraskewda (Fast and hits hard plus looks cool!)
5. Dragapult (Cool looking and reliable!)
4. Frosmoth (Beautiful and has a great shiny!)
3. Flapple (Love how it's wings have the apple)
2. Applin (Adorable)
1. Nickit (Adorable x10!)

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I also love the designs of the whole Dreepy family, they are such lovely goofballs!

I think the Dreepy family is like the Goomy family of Gen 8. They're little cute goofy dragons. :D

Orphalesion

Oh man, but there's ever so many

Grookey
Rillaboom
Wooloo
Dubwool
Nickit
Thievul
Yamper
Orbeetle
Hatterene
Sinestea
Polteageist
Cufant
Copperajah
Impidimp
Morgrem
Grimmsnarl
Toxel
Toxtricity
SNOM!
Frosmoth
Silizzipede
Centiskorch
Clobbopus
Grapploct
Applin
Appletun
Dreepy
Drakloak (how cute is their SHIELD pokedex entry?)
Dragapult
Falinks (all the round bois helping each other)
G Ponyta
G Rapidash
G Mr.Mime
G. Corsola
Cursola
G Zigzagoon
G Linoone
Obstagoon