1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favourite Gen 8 Pokémon?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by NovaBrunswick, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

No screenshot of Melony asking you about your top 10 Pokémon?

In any case, for me, including Galarian forms, they are as follows, from a character design and lore standpoint:

10. Hattrem
    9. Eiscue
    8. Cufant
    7. Pincurchin
    6. Snom
    5. Perrserker
    4. Dracovish
    3. Falinks
    2. Darmanitan (Zen Mode)
    1. Cursola

Honorable Mention: Sobble, Wooloo, Greedent, Sinistea, Appletun

My top 5 Gigantamax forms, from a character design and lore standpoint:

5. Gengar
    4. Duraludon
    3. Orbeetle
    2. Alcremie
    1. Centiskorch

wolf jani likes this.
  2. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Obstagoon, Yamper, Intelleon, Rillaboom, Flapple, Appletun, Ponyta(Not a fan of Rapidash), Zamazenta, Dragapult, Sirfetch, Centiscorch, Orbeetle, Corviknight, Perrserker, Frosmoth, Toxtricity, Sirfetch, Eternatus.... I love pretty much all the Galarian Pokemon, something I can't say normally for a post-Unova generation!

Only Pokemon I really didn't like was the abominations against nature, the fossil Pokemon. Cool concept but Car Liss is a bigger monster than Ghetsis!

3. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Well-Known Member

Just off the top of my head right now: Alcremie, Dragapult, Appletun, Centiskorch, Cursola, Clobbopus, Orbeetle and Polteageist. I probably misspelled a few but idgaf it's hard to remember so many new names. :p

Scorbunnie likes this.
  4. Mega Ampharos the Dragon

Mega Ampharos the Dragon Electric type Enthusiast

Here's my top ten (I've used most of them in my play through)
    1. Corviknight
    2. Sandaconda
    3. Boltund
    4. Cinderace
    5. Toxtricity
    6. Perrserker
    7. Arctozolt
    8. Eternatus
    9. Falinks
    10. Coalossal

Then how about my top 3 Gigantamax formes
    1. Sandaconda
    2. Meowth
    3. Butterfree

Leonhart and wolf jani like this.
  5. WalesNote

WalesNote Well-Known Member

Obstagoon, Toxtricity, Mr Rime, and that Graploct guy. They all cool. Falinks is cool, too, and Flapple and Dreepy. Good designs all around.

Leonhart likes this.
  6. ChavaWM

ChavaWM Well-Known Member

This gen has some of my all time favorites! I wasn't interested in anything released before G.Ponyta
    Once I started playing, Centiskorch, Copperajah and Frosmoth immediately became faves.
    Besides Volcarona, I've never been a fan of bug types. But lately they're becoming one of favorite types because of the diversity.
    Quick shout out for araquanid for being my gen 7 fave

Leonhart likes this.
  7. Sponge

Sponge Well-Known Member

I don't think I've given my top 10 here just yet...(if I included the new dlc mons my list wouldn't change anyway)

10. Stonjourner
    09. Centiskorch
    08. Runerigus
    07. Cramorant
    06. Sobble
    05. Grimmsnarl
    04. Grapploct
    03. Appletun
    02. Polteageist
    01. Clobbopus

Honourable Mentions: Snom, Cursola, Hattrem/Hatterene, Falinks, Frosmoth, Rolycoly, Applin, Toxtricity

Galarian Forms...(including dlc although Slowpokes evolutions aren't clear enough to get an idea)

05. Corsola
    04. Stunfisk
    03. Darmanitan
    02. Ponyta
    01. Weezing

In terms of gigantamax (I'm going to include the dlc ones as well)

05. Inteleon
    04. Rillaboom
    03. Snorlax
    02. Venusaur
    01. Alcremie (I wish Alcremie just evolved into this)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Leonhart likes this.
  8. Weavy

Weavy They call me the one who loves cats.

In no particular order, my top 10 (Counting all members of a evolution line and no Galar Forms).

Rillaboom
    Cinderace
    Inteleon (I wasn't a fan at first, but the more I saw, the more I loved it and it quickly shot up to one of my favourites. The G-Max only helped further).
    Corviknight
    Frosmoth
    Toxtricity
    Flapple/Appletun (It's really hard picking one of the two so they get joint position).
    Centiskorch
    Drednaw (I'm not too big on Chewtle though).
    Dragapult (Getting sick of Dragon Pseudo legends, but this guy is one of the better ones. I love the concept).

Honourable mentions: Grimmsnarl, Dubwool, Zacian

Top 5 Gigantamax (In order, including DLC)

5. Cinderace (Wasn't a big fan of this one at first, but it grew on me)
    4. Lapras
    3. Alcremie
    2. Duraludon (This one is an improvement over the base form, and I don't say that often)
    1. Inteleon (This one is so funny it's hard NOT to put it in the top spot, at least in my opinion)

My opinions might change over time, but for the time being, these are a list of my favourites. I'd say Gen 8 has a pretty solid roster overall; there aren't that many I dislike.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    wolf jani, Ignition and Leonhart like this.
  9. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Well-Known Member

In terms of gameplay I'd say my favourites are Coalossal, Corviknight and Sandaconda. I used all three in my first proper playthrough of Sword and they're all fantastic. I also like the designs and concepts of Copperajah, Frosmoth and Grimmsnarl, but I haven't used any of them yet.

Leonhart likes this.
  10. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Cinderace (one of very few fully evolved Fire starters I actually like), Morpeko, Eiscue, Zamazenta, Alcremie and Dragapult are my favourites.

11. ReneEnjolras

ReneEnjolras Explorer of Ruins

Well I have a lot:
    Runerigus (ultimate fave next to Inteleon!)
    Inteleon and Sobble line (love the spy and sniper theme)
    Dracozolt (Fave of the fossils)
    Arctozolt (Cool)
    Appletun (The design. I just love it)
    Sizzlipede (very cute)
    Centiskorch (mine is so busted even without G-Max!)
    Snom (s0 CUTE!!!)
    Frosmoth (a beautiful bug)
    Obstagoon (great design)
    Falinks (great idea)
    Grimmsnarl (super powerful!)
    Pincurchin (really cute mon)
    Stonjourner (Stonehenge mon!)

Honorable mentions: Eternatus, Zacian and Zamazenta, Corviknight, Sandaconda, Mr. Rime, Scorbunny line, Alcremie, Coalossal,

Ophie, wolf jani and Scorbunnie like this.
  12. Paraqua

Paraqua Beginning Trainer

My favourites of this gen include (In no particular order) :

- Sobble line (From timid crybaby to badass spy, what's not to like about it?)
    - Grimmsnarl (A creepy but powerful Pokémon who has helped me a lot in Sword)
    - Copperajah (I have a soft spot for elephants and I'm glad that we got another elephant like Pokémon)
    - Toxtricity
    - Dreepy line (Because of it being based on the extinct amphibean Diplocaulus)

Ophie, wolf jani and Leonhart like this.
  13. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I wasn't that fond of it at first, but now I think it's pretty cool. I like its type combination, and although its design still doesn't look typically Pokemon-ish to me personally, I at least give Game Freak credit for coming up with a rather sinister-looking ogre/oni Pokemon.

14. nel3

nel3 Crimson Dragon

I'm not too fond of many of the gen8 designs but inteleon, toxicirty, and centiskoch these do stand out to me. There are some designs that I really don't like but thankfully they are the minority.

Leonhart likes this.
  15. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

Unpopular opinion: I think Clobbopus is cuter than Snom & Wooloo.

I first discovered my Clobbopus in a max raid battle and I immediately fell in love with it due to how cute & tough it acted. It reminds me of a little kid with giant boxing gloves trying to pick fights with everyone. I even gave mine an Eviolite and made sure not to teach it Taunt since I like its design more than Grapploct

Leonhart likes this.
  16. carterfeygo

carterfeygo Well-Known Member

Grimmsnarl looks so awesome and I had no idea that something as silly looking as Impidimp would become something so cool. Hatterene is another one of my favorites.

Leonhart likes this.
  17. ShaneManiak

ShaneManiak Member

My favourites would be
    Obstagoon
    Centiskorch
    Polteageist
    Hatterene
    Copperajah

Noticeable mentions would be
    Cinderace
    Eldegoss
    Orbeetle
    Boltund

They are all so cool. Very powerful as well!

Leonhart likes this.