• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Gen 8 Pokémon?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
No screenshot of Melony asking you about your top 10 Pokémon?

In any case, for me, including Galarian forms, they are as follows, from a character design and lore standpoint:

10. Hattrem
9. Eiscue
8. Cufant
7. Pincurchin
6. Snom
5. Perrserker
4. Dracovish
3. Falinks
2. Darmanitan (Zen Mode)
1. Cursola

Honorable Mention: Sobble, Wooloo, Greedent, Sinistea, Appletun

My top 5 Gigantamax forms, from a character design and lore standpoint:

5. Gengar
4. Duraludon
3. Orbeetle
2. Alcremie
1. Centiskorch

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Obstagoon, Yamper, Intelleon, Rillaboom, Flapple, Appletun, Ponyta(Not a fan of Rapidash), Zamazenta, Dragapult, Sirfetch, Centiscorch, Orbeetle, Corviknight, Perrserker, Frosmoth, Toxtricity, Sirfetch, Eternatus.... I love pretty much all the Galarian Pokemon, something I can't say normally for a post-Unova generation!

Only Pokemon I really didn't like was the abominations against nature, the fossil Pokemon. Cool concept but Car Liss is a bigger monster than Ghetsis!

TwilightBlade

Just off the top of my head right now: Alcremie, Dragapult, Appletun, Centiskorch, Cursola, Clobbopus, Orbeetle and Polteageist. I probably misspelled a few but idgaf it's hard to remember so many new names. :p

Here's my top ten (I've used most of them in my play through)
1. Corviknight
2. Sandaconda
3. Boltund
4. Cinderace
5. Toxtricity
6. Perrserker
7. Arctozolt
8. Eternatus
9. Falinks
10. Coalossal

Then how about my top 3 Gigantamax formes
1. Sandaconda
2. Meowth
3. Butterfree

WalesNote

Obstagoon, Toxtricity, Mr Rime, and that Graploct guy. They all cool. Falinks is cool, too, and Flapple and Dreepy. Good designs all around.

ChavaWM

This gen has some of my all time favorites! I wasn't interested in anything released before G.Ponyta
Once I started playing, Centiskorch, Copperajah and Frosmoth immediately became faves.
Besides Volcarona, I've never been a fan of bug types. But lately they're becoming one of favorite types because of the diversity.
Quick shout out for araquanid for being my gen 7 fave

Sponge

I don't think I've given my top 10 here just yet...(if I included the new dlc mons my list wouldn't change anyway)

10. Stonjourner
09. Centiskorch
08. Runerigus
07. Cramorant
06. Sobble
05. Grimmsnarl
04. Grapploct
03. Appletun
02. Polteageist
01. Clobbopus

Honourable Mentions: Snom, Cursola, Hattrem/Hatterene, Falinks, Frosmoth, Rolycoly, Applin, Toxtricity

Galarian Forms...(including dlc although Slowpokes evolutions aren't clear enough to get an idea)

05. Corsola
04. Stunfisk
03. Darmanitan
02. Ponyta
01. Weezing

In terms of gigantamax (I'm going to include the dlc ones as well)

05. Inteleon
04. Rillaboom
03. Snorlax
02. Venusaur
01. Alcremie (I wish Alcremie just evolved into this)

Last edited:

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
In no particular order, my top 10 (Counting all members of a evolution line and no Galar Forms).

Rillaboom
Cinderace
Inteleon (I wasn't a fan at first, but the more I saw, the more I loved it and it quickly shot up to one of my favourites. The G-Max only helped further).
Corviknight
Frosmoth
Toxtricity
Flapple/Appletun (It's really hard picking one of the two so they get joint position).
Centiskorch
Drednaw (I'm not too big on Chewtle though).
Dragapult (Getting sick of Dragon Pseudo legends, but this guy is one of the better ones. I love the concept).

Honourable mentions: Grimmsnarl, Dubwool, Zacian

Top 5 Gigantamax (In order, including DLC)

5. Cinderace (Wasn't a big fan of this one at first, but it grew on me)
4. Lapras
3. Alcremie
2. Duraludon (This one is an improvement over the base form, and I don't say that often)
1. Inteleon (This one is so funny it's hard NOT to put it in the top spot, at least in my opinion)

My opinions might change over time, but for the time being, these are a list of my favourites. I'd say Gen 8 has a pretty solid roster overall; there aren't that many I dislike.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
In terms of gameplay I'd say my favourites are Coalossal, Corviknight and Sandaconda. I used all three in my first proper playthrough of Sword and they're all fantastic. I also like the designs and concepts of Copperajah, Frosmoth and Grimmsnarl, but I haven't used any of them yet.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Well I have a lot:
Runerigus (ultimate fave next to Inteleon!)
Inteleon and Sobble line (love the spy and sniper theme)
Dracozolt (Fave of the fossils)
Arctozolt (Cool)
Appletun (The design. I just love it)
Sizzlipede (very cute)
Centiskorch (mine is so busted even without G-Max!)
Snom (s0 CUTE!!!)
Frosmoth (a beautiful bug)
Obstagoon (great design)
Falinks (great idea)
Grimmsnarl (super powerful!)
Pincurchin (really cute mon)
Stonjourner (Stonehenge mon!)

Honorable mentions: Eternatus, Zacian and Zamazenta, Corviknight, Sandaconda, Mr. Rime, Scorbunny line, Alcremie, Coalossal,

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
My favourites of this gen include (In no particular order) :

- Sobble line (From timid crybaby to badass spy, what's not to like about it?)
- Grimmsnarl (A creepy but powerful Pokémon who has helped me a lot in Sword)
- Copperajah (I have a soft spot for elephants and I'm glad that we got another elephant like Pokémon)
- Toxtricity
- Dreepy line (Because of it being based on the extinct amphibean Diplocaulus)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Paraqua said:
- Grimmsnarl (A creepy but powerful Pokémon who has helped me a lot in Sword)

I wasn't that fond of it at first, but now I think it's pretty cool. I like its type combination, and although its design still doesn't look typically Pokemon-ish to me personally, I at least give Game Freak credit for coming up with a rather sinister-looking ogre/oni Pokemon.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I'm not too fond of many of the gen8 designs but inteleon, toxicirty, and centiskoch these do stand out to me. There are some designs that I really don't like but thankfully they are the minority.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Unpopular opinion: I think Clobbopus is cuter than Snom & Wooloo.

I first discovered my Clobbopus in a max raid battle and I immediately fell in love with it due to how cute & tough it acted. It reminds me of a little kid with giant boxing gloves trying to pick fights with everyone. I even gave mine an Eviolite and made sure not to teach it Taunt since I like its design more than Grapploct

Grimmsnarl looks so awesome and I had no idea that something as silly looking as Impidimp would become something so cool. Hatterene is another one of my favorites.

ShaneManiak

My favourites would be
Obstagoon
Centiskorch
Polteageist
Hatterene
Copperajah

Noticeable mentions would be
Cinderace
Eldegoss
Orbeetle
Boltund

They are all so cool. Very powerful as well!