• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Generation II Pokemon

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Generation II has introduced 100 new Pokemon. What are your favourites in this Generation? Please remember not to spam and explain your choice(s) a little.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Gen II has a lot of pokemon that I like…

Girafarig - I just love the concept of two creatures sharing one body. Its beta design is even better.

Marill & Azumarill - I just tend to like the designs of Mouse & Rabbits in animated media.

Smeargle, Shuckle, Delibird, Wobbuffet - I love gimmicky pokemon and their signature moves perfectly describe what this pokemon are all about.

Sketch is a blank slate that can be turned into anything, it perfectly describes normal types. They are capable of learning a wide range of attacks and are not strictly limited by typing.

Wobbuffet is basically a mirror that throws everything back at you. It makes space for some interesting & out of the box scenarios. Just imagine if the opponent AI is not running an offensive moveset or if it runs out of PP.

Togepi & Teddiursa are too cute and they were both normal types (my favorite type). I know they changed togepi later on.

Gligar and Skarmory have cool designs and are both good defensive pokemon.

Porygon 2 design is simple, but its moveset coupled with eviolite makes it very fun to use against the AI.

Shadow Lugia for its involvement in XD:Gale of Darkness. It left quite the impression on me and I wish it was available to catch because the color palette is amazing.

Celebi because the concept of time travel is one my favorite sci fi tropes.

Sonnet1

Generation II has introduced 100 new Pokemon. What are your favourites in this Generation? Please remember not to spam and explain your choice(s) a little.
Some favorites from Generation II include Tyranitar for its strength and design, and Ampharos for its uniqueness and powerful moveset.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Tyranitar - like the fact it isn't part Dragon, unlike most pseudo-legendaries, its wide movepool and unique typing.
Xatu - like the backstory, movepool, and Magic Bounce is always helpful.
Azumarill - adorable yet hits hard thanks to Huge Power.
Heracross - has a great Attack stat and a good movepool.
Lugia - majestic and elegant, has a wide movepool, and Multiscale is amazing.
Other Generation II Pokemon I really like are: Typhlosion, Houndoom, Kingdra, Skarmory, Scizor, Donphan, Raikou, and Lanturn.

Sakib66

Feraligatr - Preferred starter
Houndoom - Was star of the team in my Liquid Crystal run (rom hack). Since then it became one of my favourite fire type mons. Too bad its not available in GSC/HGSS till post-game
Steelix - My favourite gen 2 OU mon (though I rarely use Steelix teams nowadays)
Tyranitar - Great movepool + Good stats all around

Red and Blue

Chikorita line, Totodile line, Heracross, Hoothoot and Noctowl, Heracross, Espeon, Houndour and Houndoom, Qwilfish, Chinchou and Lanturn, Hoppip line, Larvitar line, Mareep, line, Scizor, the Legendary Beast trio, Lugia, and Celebi.