1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favourite Generation III Pokemon

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by KyogreThunder, Apr 24, 2020.

1. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Since the last thread expired, I decided to remake it. So which Gen 3 Pokemon were your favorites? Please remember not to spam and explain your answers thoroughly.

Leonhart likes this.
  2. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I have many favorites, with Flygon, Bohmander (Salamence), and Latios being the main ones. They're all Dragon-types, but the reason why I like them is simply because I think they look cool.

jaden767 and TwilightBlade like this.
  3. Yveltal91057

Yveltal91057 Member

I love Gen 3 and still do. In fact, RSE are some of the best Pokemon games ever. Some of my favorite pokemon from RSE include Sceptile, Latios, Blaziken, Salamence, Flygon, Groudon, Rayquaza, Kyogre, Absol, Metagross, Breloom, Manectric, Walrein, Gardevoir and Swampert.

TwilightBlade and Leonhart like this.
  4. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Absol - looks cool and has a sad backstory. I've also grown to like its Mega.
    Manectric - sleek and can use Flamethrower, which is rare for an Electric type.
    Salamence - looks cool and hits hard, but its Mega is ugly and overpowered.
    I also really like Milotic, Altaria, Zangoose, Aggron, Swampert, Breloom, Armaldo, Metagross, Flygon, Latios, Latias, Kyogre and Groudon.

Leonhart likes this.
  5. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Cerulean Blues

Blaziken, Gardevoir and Walrein are my favorites right now but my opinion changes alot depending on which team I used in my Hoenn games. I still play them and I rotate Pokemon alot.

Leonhart, Sakuyamon and TwilightBlade like this.
  6. Ishiftyounot

Ishiftyounot Master Procrastinator

RSE were my first glimpse into the Pokemon world, and the designs and creativity they displayed was what pulled me into the series in the first place. I don't find myself awfully nostalgic towards these games though (I never actually owned these games until after I'd played through the Sinnoh ones) and not many of them feature in my favourites overall. There are some notable outliers though:

1. Flygon[​IMG]
    It's a dragonfly-insect-dragon hybrid thing with shades, it's awesome! Dragon types for me were often seen as super-rare and incredibly powerful in the games, and young me certainly didn't know about places like Meteor Falls housing Bagon or Wayward Cave in D/P/Pt having a secret part with Gible in there. Flygon was the first accessible dragon for me, was reasonably powerful and I liked all 3 stages of it.

2. Ludicolo[​IMG]
    It just looks so friendly, and Brock had one in the anime. In a region filled with Water types, this one stood out a lot thanks to a unique typing, early access to it and just how funky it is. Only downside is that it shares a type with my favourites of the 3 starters (not a Blaziken fan, Combusken I do like but not Blaziken) but still, I'd use it.

3. Dusclops[​IMG]
    This thing is so cool, with the mummy wraps and the eye and the hands and being a Ghost type, it was amazing! Banette, Shedinja and Sableye were the Ghost type alternatives in Hoenn and neither of them at the time were particularly cool for me, but Dusclops just seemed dope.

RedBlastoise and TwilightBlade like this.
  7. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Well-Known Member

I have too many to count - Blaziken, Sceptile, Swellow, Delcatty, Aggron, Sableye, Manectric, Wailord, Flygon, Altaria, Absol, Relicanth, Latios and Jirachi are the main ones that I'm a huge fan of.

Leonhart and RedBlastoise like this.
  8. ((JAWS))

((JAWS)) Johto Boy

Probably sceptile and salamence

Leonhart likes this.
  9. Nebbygetinthebag

Nebbygetinthebag Royal Guard

Flygon is my favorite gen 3 Pokemon it has a cool design and is a good Pokemon to use.

Other Pokemon I like is Blaziken, Gardevoir, Altaria, Aggron, Banette, Sableye, Zizagoon, Ludicolo, Skitty, Absol, Latios and Deoxys.

10. LucarioIsMegaEvolving

LucarioIsMegaEvolving A single misplaced step

Gen III being both my first and favourite generation, far too many.

Grovyle, Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Flygon, Altaria, Absol, Manectric, Breloom, Gardevoir, Latias, Latios, Rayquaza, Jirachi, and Deoxys are all Pokémon I would list in my favourites.

I also like Nuzleaf, Swellow, Sableye, Salamance, and Metagross, albeit to a lesser extent.

TwilightBlade and jaden767 like this.
  11. jaden767

jaden767 Amphetamine

Sceptile, Mightyena, Slaking, Shedinja, Aggron, Crawdaunt, Grumpig & Absol are some of my favorite mons from the 3rd generation.

Leonhart likes this.
  12. Tokeynono

Tokeynono akasaka sad

The Latis - I loved the Pokemon Heroes movie, and it's still my favorite, and I just have a connection to Latios and Latias.

I always associate Hoenn with dragon types because it introduced all of my favorite dragon types.

Shout-out to Chimecho and Shedinja. Chimecho, I think, is especially underrated.

Leonhart likes this.
  13. LiepardTrainer

LiepardTrainer *grooming n' purring*

by design is how I decided on my favorites

3rd gen didn't have too many I liked -
    Delcatty is my most favorite of all this gen, for my love cats, and how cute it looks like , same with the adorable skitty

Poohyena, Mightyena, Abosl, Electrike, and Manectric for their awesome canine appearance

finally also this gen really love Linoone and Zangoose for their mustelid appearance
    and can't forget the tanuki Zigzagoon
    another I also loved for its design is Aggron

Leonhart likes this.
  14. Ignition

Ignition “Go get ‘em, tiger!”

Sceptile’s probably my favorite. It’s sleek, quick, and smug.

Others would be Swellow (always been useful), Exploud (love that it just yells), Shiftry (interesting yokai inspirations), Seviper (I like snakes and it has a good movepool), Cradily (most unique fossil), Manectric (love the color scheme), Torkoal (it’s a simple yet powerful Pokémon), Snorunt/Glalie (reminds me of the anime and Shoal Cave), and Crawdaunt (I find invasive species to be very interesting).

Trapinch/Vibrava are honorable mentions for being cute and cool respectively before being ruined by Flygon

Venomshock likes this.
  15. Venomshock

Venomshock Well-Known Member

I always had a thing for Blaziken. It was the first generation 3 Pokemon that I remember seeing so I guess you could say that that influenced my appreciation of it.