• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Generation III Pokemon

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Since the last thread expired, I decided to remake it. So which Gen 3 Pokemon were your favorites? Please remember not to spam and explain your answers thoroughly.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
I love Gen 3 and still do. In fact, RSE are some of the best Pokemon games ever. Some of my favorite pokemon from RSE include Sceptile, Latios, Blaziken, Salamence, Flygon, Groudon, Rayquaza, Kyogre, Absol, Metagross, Breloom, Manectric, Walrein, Gardevoir and Swampert.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
RSE were my first glimpse into the Pokemon world, and the designs and creativity they displayed was what pulled me into the series in the first place. I don't find myself awfully nostalgic towards these games though (I never actually owned these games until after I'd played through the Sinnoh ones) and not many of them feature in my favourites overall. There are some notable outliers though:

1. Flygon
330.png

It's a dragonfly-insect-dragon hybrid thing with shades, it's awesome! Dragon types for me were often seen as super-rare and incredibly powerful in the games, and young me certainly didn't know about places like Meteor Falls housing Bagon or Wayward Cave in D/P/Pt having a secret part with Gible in there. Flygon was the first accessible dragon for me, was reasonably powerful and I liked all 3 stages of it.

2. Ludicolo
272.png

It just looks so friendly, and Brock had one in the anime. In a region filled with Water types, this one stood out a lot thanks to a unique typing, early access to it and just how funky it is. Only downside is that it shares a type with my favourites of the 3 starters (not a Blaziken fan, Combusken I do like but not Blaziken) but still, I'd use it.

3. Dusclops
356.png

This thing is so cool, with the mummy wraps and the eye and the hands and being a Ghost type, it was amazing! Banette, Shedinja and Sableye were the Ghost type alternatives in Hoenn and neither of them at the time were particularly cool for me, but Dusclops just seemed dope.

LucarioIsMegaEvolving

A single misplaced step
Gen III being both my first and favourite generation, far too many.

Grovyle, Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Flygon, Altaria, Absol, Manectric, Breloom, Gardevoir, Latias, Latios, Rayquaza, Jirachi, and Deoxys are all Pokémon I would list in my favourites.

I also like Nuzleaf, Swellow, Sableye, Salamance, and Metagross, albeit to a lesser extent.

Tokeynono

akasaka sad
The Latis - I loved the Pokemon Heroes movie, and it's still my favorite, and I just have a connection to Latios and Latias.

I always associate Hoenn with dragon types because it introduced all of my favorite dragon types.

Shout-out to Chimecho and Shedinja. Chimecho, I think, is especially underrated.

by design is how I decided on my favorites

3rd gen didn't have too many I liked -
Delcatty is my most favorite of all this gen, for my love cats, and how cute it looks like , same with the adorable skitty

Poohyena, Mightyena, Abosl, Electrike, and Manectric for their awesome canine appearance

finally also this gen really love Linoone and Zangoose for their mustelid appearance
and can't forget the tanuki Zigzagoon
another I also loved for its design is Aggron

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Sceptile’s probably my favorite. It’s sleek, quick, and smug.

Others would be Swellow (always been useful), Exploud (love that it just yells), Shiftry (interesting yokai inspirations), Seviper (I like snakes and it has a good movepool), Cradily (most unique fossil), Manectric (love the color scheme), Torkoal (it’s a simple yet powerful Pokémon), Snorunt/Glalie (reminds me of the anime and Shoal Cave), and Crawdaunt (I find invasive species to be very interesting).

Trapinch/Vibrava are honorable mentions for being cute and cool respectively before being ruined by Flygon

Rodpaco

Rayquaza, Metagross, Salamence, Deoxys, and the 3 starters' final evolutions are my main favorites.

Rayquaza is the first pokemon I got to lv 100. Metagross and Salamence are really strong and nice-looking pokemon that I used a lot (I'd like Metagross to be available before the post-game). Deoxys, because of his various formes (especially the speed forme). And Sceptile, Blaziken, and Swampert are all great, I've played with all 3 of them.

Last edited:

Shinruna

Rose of Fire
Top 10?

- Sceptile: my first ever Pokémon starter which I hold a big nostalgia value for. Basically a grassy reptile who uses cutting leaves as its own main weapon; is there anything not to love about it?
- Slaking: despite how underrated is, I totally worship this lazy ape. Sure, its "ability" is bad, but I don't really care as long as it has these stats and movepool's versatility. Also, its colour palette and overall looks remind me a bit of the original Generation's style.
- Shiftry: let's be clear here. Dark-type fits with this woody monster quite well, as its attitude and stance do feel totally surrounded by a wicked mood.
- Camerupt: this giant camel is beautiful, cute in its own way, utterly adorable, my signature Hoenn Pokémon, etc... Some of the most unique looking Pokémon species, in my humble opinion.
- Walrein: every Pokémon player of my elementary school class made mostly use of either Swampert or Milotic... I - on the other side - decided to go for this handsome, ocean blue coloured walrus.
- Flygon: a huge dragonfly covered in sand! To be honest, I loved it at first glance. What about you? Don't you think it looks beautiful enough?
- Metagross: "metal cross", this arachnid made of steel is the definition of pure strength.
- Salamence: this dragon is cute, despite how fearsome it may look, and the simplicity by which is overall characterized is something I can't not appreciate.
- Sableye: back in Generation III, this Pokémon had no weaknesses and was therefore unique because of that. How would I describe it? Simply put, as a combination between a ghost and a gemstone mine.
- Regirock: ...and here it is, the most underrated Hoenn's legendary Pokémon of all time! This stony guardian looks brilliant, in my humble opinion, and also aged very well as its later model is more than well done.

Thanks for reading.