• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Generation VII Legendary/Mythical Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
The thread's name says it all. Please remember not to spam and explain your choice(s) a bit.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Favorite legendary pokemon.... the beasts don't count so I am going for Necrozma.

First thing out of the way, I loved his back story as a once radiant pokemon that lost his light due to greedy people messing him up, turning him into the light devouring fiend you know currently that has gone nuts from the pain. (His base form and in a fanfic I made Necrozma's personality prior to being defeated all about being nuts, like a sick patient that is tired of the medication.)

I liked how in US/UM, he was for the most part the big bad, the first pokemon in the main series to be a villain acting on his own volition. (As a looming threat to Alola!) While his fused form with either Nebby's were expected, it wasn't until we see his true form...

Ultra Necrozma, that we see what he is capable of in battle. Speaking of which, he provided what is hands down the best climax boss in the entire main series. (Mother Beast Lusamine was a disappointment, Ultra Necrozma was not despite potentially being a shorter battle.)

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
For me, I am going for Tapu Koko. Why, you ask?

1 - It saves your life and Nebby's in Sun and Moon in the beginning of the story when the bridge collapses.

2 - It gives you an odd rock which later becomes the Z Bracelet. Cool.

3 - Revealed in 2016, it became very quickly my favourite Gen VII Pokémon. Its looks reminded me and my pals about the "Tikis" (Hawaiian guardian deities). Guess what? Tapu Koko turned out to be a "Tiki" after all!

4 - It is the ONLY Alolan Legendary to have a legal Shiny form.

So this is why I like Tapu Koko very much. I also like Necrozma, but I thought it was overrated so I decided to choose Tapu Koko instead. :)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The Tapus, Cosmog, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma and Marshadow. I like how powerful the Tapus are and I enjoyed Cosmog’s spotlight in the game plot. Solgaleo and Lunala look cool to me. Marshadow is just powerful.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Silvally, because it looks cool, has a disturbing backstory which fits well into its evolution requirement, a good movepool and unique ability. I wish the Memories also boosted attacks of their respective types, similiarly to Arceus' plates, though.
I also like Lunala, Solgaleo, Ultra Necrozma and Tapu Koko. My favourite Generation VII Mythical is Magearna, although Zeraora is cool, too.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Silvally, because it looks cool, has a disturbing backstory which fits well into its evolution requirement, a good movepool and unique ability. I wish the Memories also boosted attacks of their respective types, similiarly to Arceus' plates.
I keep on forgetting Silvally as a Legendary Pokémon quite a lot but still I would consider it as one of my favourite Legendaries of Gen 7. I like it’s nod to Arceus with the interchangeable Memories, which are like plates and that it changes its appearance by doing so.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
For me, I am going for Tapu Koko. Why, you ask?

1 - It saves your life and Nebby's in Sun and Moon in the beginning of the story when the bridge collapses.

2 - It gives you an odd rock which later becomes the Z Bracelet. Cool.

3 - Revealed in 2016, it became very quickly my favourite Gen VII Pokémon. Its looks reminded me and my pals about the "Tikis" (Hawaiian guardian deities). Guess what? Tapu Koko turned out to be a "Tiki" after all!

4 - It is the ONLY Alolan Legendary to have a legal Shiny form.

So this is why I like Tapu Koko very much. I also like Necrozma, but I thought it was overrated so I decided to choose Tapu Koko instead. :)
Uh, Shiny Silvally and (soon) Tapu Lele say hi.

Anyway my favorite is Necrozma. The back story is heartbreaking and ita relentless chase for a constant light source was fascinating. It has amazing battle themes and I think the contrast between "regular" Necrozma and Ultra is amazing

Argentarus

Zeraora for the mythicals, it's a fast electric-type and it's got that tiger/serval/cat motif going on. It's got a certain charm to it. Bummer that it or the other Alolan mythicals didn't really get backstories or any indicated significance to the Alolan ecosystem and ended up just being moviemons.
(The Sinnoh mythicals are and should always be the bar set for mythicals, they should significance to the regions they come from, no matter how big or small. It makes helps to make them more enjoyable.)

On the legendary side, all three members of the light trio. Their inspirations from celestial bodies or major spatial phenomena, alchemical depictions, phenomena regarding light, and their other inspirations were really nice touches, the amount of effort put into these legendaries really shows.
The Cosmog evolutionary line and "hinted UB status" of the trio was a really fun idea for legendaries, kinda want them to do more stuff in a similar vein to this.
Their designs are amazing, too. Solgaleo is a BIG SUN CAT and Lunala is everything that I didn't know that I wanted from a Legendary.
Finally, I like the way they mixed the trio into some of the core messages of the games: Invasive species/interdimensional travel, and something along the lines of "the effects of the major celestial bodies on life" and then USUM also momentarily covered overharvesting due to greed (Necrozma's backstory). They did really well.

Last edited:

Peter Harrison

Lunala, Zeraora, Solagaleo, Necrozma. These are my favourites.
Oberall, I would pick Necrozama as my favourite. Because it has amazing battle themes, and the backstory was interesting.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Solgaleo since I like feline-like Pokemon, plus I chose Sun version as my first Gen VII game so I'm probably a little biased in its favor. I like Lunala as well, mainly for its type combination more than its design.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Locking this thread as it has been bumped and it's over a year old. Feel free to remake this topic if you want to continue discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.