• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Generation VII Pokemon

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
The thread's name says it all. Please remember not to spam and explain your choice(s) a bit.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
My favourites would be Rowlet, Decidueye, Primarina, Ribombee, Lycanroc, Toxapex, Salazzle, Bounsweet, Tsareena, Comfey, Silvally, Mimikyu, Kommo-o, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Cosmog, Pheromosa, Marshadow, Poipole and Naganadel. Some of them I like because they look quite cute with their Fairy typing, cool Dragon types, Tapus being OP, and for some others I just like them because I fell attached to them by using them in-game.

Sprinter1988

Decidueye: an archer owl - what's not to love?
Lycanroc (Midday) - very cool canine pokemon.
Primarina - a singing seal-mermaid hybrid. Lots of fun
Tsareena - we've had plenty of woman-plant hybrid pokemon, but this one can and will kick your teeth out.
Vikavolt - an electric/bug beetle with hedgecutter blades for horns.

M.P.

Retired
Decidueye - it's a Grass/Ghost archer.
Incineroar - good typing and his design grew on me.
Mudsdale - I really like horses.
Kommo-o - cool design and typing, shame it was available so late in the game.
Golisopod - weak-looking bug turning into something ferocious was a nice surprise.
Araquanid - it has an interesting design.

landipan

Mudbray/Mudsdale - I was so happy to see a donkey pokemon, I adore donkeys. I love Mudbrays eyes, and it's bangs/forlock. Just everything about it! And then Mudsdale showed up, a draft horse pokemon! Be still my heart! I love drafties, and this guy is such a gorgeous and tough guy, but you just know it's a gentle giant.

Rockruff/Midday Lycanroc - I love a puppy and wolf pokemon, and Lycanroc is just such a perfect looking wolfie. And Rockruff is just too cute!

Oricorio - I love Pom Pom and Sensu, they're so cute and fun!

Stufful - I love this lil one, with the tag on the bum, it's perfect, and makes the sweetest sound!

Morlull/ Shiinoctic - These guys are also so very cute, I love the ethereal mushroom theme!

Mimikyu - This is kind of a weird one, I don't like Pikachu so much but I love this guy, it's story is so sad and dark!

Popplio line - I didn't think I'd like this starter at first, but now I love it! Brionne and Primarina are just so ultra girl and pretty, which you don't see very often in starters.

Alolan Vulpix/Ninetales - Honestly these ones are my top Pokemon, I loved Vulpix/Ninetales in gen 1 and love them even more now in gen 8! So very lovely and ethereal.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Rowlet/Dartrix/Decidueye - I think Rowlet is adorable because of its roundness and simple design. Plus its personality in the show made me adore it even more. Decidueye has a sleek design and concept behind it. An archer owl, who else could come up with that?

Rockruff/Lycanroc - Rockruff being a dog is perfect since they're companions to humans. For years I've wanted a Pokemon based off a wolf and Lycanroc was the perfect answer to that. I think both day and midnight have great designs while dusk form is a weird combo.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
That's honestly hard to say, but I can try to limit it to favorite per category
* Starter Pokemon: The Rowlet line. Its spookiness in the final form, the adorable Rowlet, the theme of being an archer. It all appeals to me
* Pokemon that can evolve: Mudbray line. The Stamina ability was incredibly useful, its weight makes good use of the Heavy Slam move and it served as a powerhouse for me.
* Pokemon that don't evolve: I honestly don't know what to pick. Single-form Pokemon in this generation are often justified in not needing to evolve. Mimikyu's awesome ability and practically meta gimmick, Minior's adorable design, rainbow theme and ability reminding me of the even cooler Aegislash, or Dhelmise the closest any Pokemon gets to three types. Can't choose which
* Regional variant: The Alolan Muk line. It immediately appealed to me, and it makes the old design much more interesting. The type combination is very useful.
* Ultra Beast: Guzzlord. I love how monstrous the thing is, it sells the Beast part of the Ultra Beast. And its overall cool in my opinion
* Legendary/Mythical: Gotta have to pick Nebby the Cosmog. Unoriginal, but they make it work in the story and I like the idea of a Magikarp-esque legendary

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Top 10 would be:
  1. Komala
  2. Bewear
  3. Lycanroc
  4. Naganadel
  5. Primarina
  6. Ribombee
  7. Decidueye
  8. Golisopod
  9. Araquanid
  10. Silvally
Honorable mentions: Crabominable, Drampa, Palossand, Mimikyu, Toucannon, Marshadow, Tapu Lele, Lurantis, and Lunala

Aquarelle

Staff member
Hard to pick just one, but my top three would be:

743.png
Ribombee
730.png
Primarina
770.png
Palossand

I used these three on my Sun team and grew to really like them. I like their typings (really like the Fairy type and the Ghost/Ground combo), their designs (Ribombee & Primarina are pretty, I like Palossand's sandcastle concept), and how they performed in battle during my Sun playthrough (their STAB moves in particular were very useful).

Zold

Pokémon Breeder
Ribombee: I love how they merged Fairy and Bug into a cute little bumblebee-ish Pokémon. Lovely color scheme, cool scarf and overall a brilliant design. Stat wise I love her high Speed and she actually has quite some interesting roles such as Support, Set-Up Sweeper or just a plain old Specs Sweeper. Wish she had a more interesting ability tho.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Can I first just say I really enjoy what this generation brought to the table in terms of new Pokemon? It was hard to narrow down my favorites because there are so many solid designs.

For new Pokemon in Alola, my favorites would have to be Dhelmise, Wishiwashi, Mimikyu, and Type: Null. All of them have really neat backstories that tie into their designs which I really enjoy. Other standouts include Rowlet, Decidueye, Tsareena, Turtonator, Salandit, Salazzle, and Passimian.

I'm still not sure about Ultra Beasts; I felt like they could have been neat non-Pokemon bosses like Pokestar Studios and contributed more to the story in that way, but I'm definitely not complaining about having them on my team. Pheromosa, Celesteela and Nihilego are probably my favorites in that regard, with a special shout-out to Guzzlord mainly because of how delightfully creepy Ultra Ruin is. And Stakataka because I would use it for shelter.

Regional variants definitely deserve a shout-out. Part of me wishes they did more of them, but part of me is a bit frustrated with some of the ones we got (Geodude, Diglett). When they were more successful, though, they turned out to be some of my favorites of the gen. Alolan Vulpix/Ninetales, Marowak, Grimer/Muk, and Meowth/Persian are examples of the concept done right to me (even though I thought Alola Persian could have looked so much cooler). Sandshrew/Sandslash/Rattata/Raticate get a shout-out for great designs even though their typing leaves much to be desired.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I can't decided on an absolute favourite right now, but it's a very close toss up between the Litten line and Celesteela.

I am a cat lover; anyone who knows me knows I'm obsessed with cats. So when I found out the Fire starter was going to be a cat, I pretty much fell in love with it instantly. I just love how adorable Litten and Torracat are. Even Incineroar has a ton of personality that makes it cool.

Celesteela on the other hand was one of those Pokémon that I wasn't too fond of at first, but the more I found out about it, the more I loved about it and it quickly became one of my favourites. I adore the connection it has to Japanese folklore; many of its aspects are spot on such as the bamboo and woman-like appearance. It's by far my favourite Ultra Beast for sure.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Got quite a few favorites and I used most on my team in Moon.

They were:
Rowlet, Decidueye: Design wise of course. Rowlet was too cute to pass up and Decidueye just looks like cool Pokemon. Doesn't help that I almost always pick the grass starters.
Cutiefly line: Too cute. So tiny yet so strong.
Wimpod line: I like how shy looking it is, yet when it evolves it looks like it can take on anything.
Grubbin line: I actually liked Charjabug more than its pre evo and last evo. A cute little electric bus.
Lycanroc: I love it's design.
Fomantis line: I love both their desings. Fomatis was too adorable to pass up. and Lurantis just gave a personality of power yet keeping its cool.

The rest I like because of their design. It's always the design! Like Lunala, Silvally, Primarina, Stufful, Litten, Tsareena, Marshadow, and Cosmog.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Vikavolt-it looks cool and has a great Special Attack, shame it is so slow.
Primarina-it is just very pretty and hits hard.
Decidueye-love its concept.
Salazzle-she is quite fast and has an unique typing and looks sly.
Midday Lycanroc-sleek and quick, Accelerock is a cool signature attack, too.
Silvally-awesome design, backstory and movepool. The memories should definitely boost the power of attacks of their respective types, similiarly to Plates, though.
Other Generation VII critters I like are: Oricorio (Sensu Style), Kommo-o, Mudsdale, Wishiwashi, Tsareena, Mimikyu, Zeraora, Solgaleo, Lunala, and Nihilego.

20LigerZero16

"..........................."
Absolute favorite Alola Pokemon: Zeraora (imo, it's the coolest looking Alolan Pokemon as of right now), Marshadow, Necrozma (Dusk Mane/Dawn Wings/Ultra), Solgaleo, Lunala, Tapu Koko, Jangmo-o, Hakamo-o, Kommo-o, Mimikyu, Silvally, Golisopod, Lycanroc (Mid-Day/Mid-Night/Dusk form), Rockruff, The whole Vikavolt line, Primarina, Popplio, Incineroar, Torracat, Litten, Decidueye, Dartrix and last but not least, my main man Rowlet.

Absolute favorite Alolan Kanto Pokemon: Alolan Ninetales, Alolan Vulpix, Alolan Marowak, Alolan Sandslash and last but not least, Alolan Raichu.

Absolute favorite Ultra Beasts: Poipole, Naganadel, Blacephalon, Kartana, Celesteela, Xurkitree and last but not least, Nihilego.

Last edited:

raichu27

Alolan Pokemon:

Marshadow (love its eyes and typing)
Salazzle (always wanted to see a Fire/Poison type)
Litten evolution line (cool to see a fire cat)
Rowlet evolution line
Crabominable
Solgaleo
Celestella (It's got great stats and coverage)
Xurkitree
Cutiefly evolution line
Lycanroc (especially its Dusk form, it's green eyes match its fur really well)
Golisopod
Mimikyu (it looks like a mix of Pikachu and Shroomish)
Tapu Koko
Naganadel

Alolan forms:

Vulpix line (Looks like an ice type version of the Kanto one)
Raichu (always wanted to see a Electric/Psychic type)
Dugtrio
Grimer line (really like their colors)
Geodude line (always wanted to see a Electric/Rock type)
Marowak (love its green flame color)

That's all I can think of, atm.

PokeLys

Since Red version'98
My name's Sylvain. They introduced Silvally. Felt connected on a personnal level to this new 'mon. Look, concept, and story are totally badass as well, so it went straight up in my top-ever-favourite list.
Don't care if people are raving about eviolite Null, I will bring a Silvally on any team from now on :)

Honorable mention to Mudsdale, a.k.a. the Heavy Slam destroyer pony.

Leonhart

Imagineer
For me it's Silvady (Silvally). I didn't like its pre-evolved form at all, yet Silvady without the mask it once had looks fierce and majestic even. I also quite like Nyabby (Litten).

Nyter

Island Challenger
I think my top 3 Pokemon from Gen VII would be Bruxish, Mudsdale, and Vikavolt. Those three (along with Arcanine) have gotten me bast so many Battle Tree double-battles and wifi battles (competitions and free battles). The signature ability in Bruxish "Dazzling", Broken Sp. Attack power in Vikavolt (with a usable ability in Levitate), and tanky attacker that is Mudsdale, I found myself having an emotional connection to these 3 pieces of data. Hands down my faves.