1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favourite Gym Leader

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by Lance The Champ, Sep 22, 2011.

?

Favourite Gym Leader in D/P/Pt

1. Roark

10 vote(s)
    5.1%
  2. Gardenia

12 vote(s)
    6.2%
  3. Maylene

15 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Wake

17 vote(s)
    8.7%
  5. Fantina

16 vote(s)
    8.2%
  6. Byron

14 vote(s)
    7.2%
  7. Candice

39 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. Volkner

72 vote(s)
    36.9%
  1. Lance The Champ

Lance The Champ The Aura Guardian

Who is your favourite gym leader in D/P/Pt?

2. pokemon player

pokemon player Sylveon, tho.

For me, probably Volkner. He's just so cool and chilled. Plus, electric is one of my favorite types.

3. Lance The Champ

Mine too! He is the strongest as well

4. Cita

Cita poke' breeder

I have to go with fantina cuz I favor ghost types XP lol

5. Golemite

Golemite Well-Known Member

Fantina here as well. There's much persona and even some depth in her character, unlike there is with most gym leaders. She can be pretty too gimmicky for some, perhaps, but I like her. Rather someone over-the-top than just someone who you can barely remember. She has great Pokémon, too: I like gen 4 ghost types, and Gengar is one oh my all time favorite Pokémon. :) Her gym is pretty cool, too. I liked answering questions (wrong) since Blaine in gen 1!

Volkner I didn't like at all. A person who specializes in electric types had no reason to become bored. The day someone brought a decent ground type to his gym, his winning streak is all over. I don't think he even had any counter moves at all against ground types, other than Octillery as a whole. And who puts a ground type against any Octillery in the first place? For me he was about the easiest gym leader in the game. Pretty pathetic for a winning trainer... :D

6. Meowth City

Meowth City Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I like Volkner the most. He's an electric gym leader, and I always like those [Elesa is my favourite of all though]. Also, he's a hottie too. It's no wonder why Flint and Jasmine stalk the guy.

7. Lance The Champ

Well he does have counter strategies for ground pokemon. His Electivire has Ice Punch for ground type pokemon. It had ice punch in the anime too by which he defeated Ash's Torterra!

8. Immortified

Immortified Water trainer

Wake, mainly because he uses Water pokemon, and he looks pretty cool.

9. Luna-kun

Luna-kun Cool pokemon master

i hate way to him, but battle with him give me a most pleasure, he looks really cool.it is nice beat cool guy^^

10. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

Just curious, but who are you talking about?

As for my own answer, I like all of the Sinnoh Gym leaders. I liked the improvements that were done over the previous games, by making the gym leaders feel more real and personal by adding a story to each of them and making them appear outside of their gyms. Guess my favorite is Volkner as I liked his story the best, and I had a hard time beating him in Platinum.

11. TheGreatDragonite

TheGreatDragonite Dragon Trainer

Crasher Wake. He is totally awesome, especially in Platinum, and Barry is so lucky to become his apprentice. Its at times like that I wish I was Barry.

It would be Volkner, but I don't like what he's wearing.

12. Witchan

Witchan Shauntal, FTW!

I'd say Volkner. The rest are ok, though.

13. Crasher Wake all the way!

14. TheEpicGoomba

TheEpicGoomba Me Gusta

Volkner. He uses Electivire which is awesome. I like Electric Types too.

15. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lucario Lover

I choose Gardenia, she uses Turtwig one of my favorite Pokemon

16. TheGreatDragonite

TheGreatDragonite Dragon Trainer

She's probably my second favourite, and I love her modified gym in Platinum.

17. Lance The Champ

Gardenia can stir some trouble with Roserade especially if you choose Piplup...

18. Larry

Larry Well-Known Member

I like Byron because I thought his gym was cool.

19. j_gamez

j_gamez Blah

Volkner.
    he looks cool, quite a challenge w/o ground type pokemon.

20. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Well, I *really* like all the Sinnoh Gym Leaders...but I love, love, LOVE Roark! ^_____^