• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Hoenn Gym Leader?

Who is your favourite Hoenn Gym Leader?

• Roxanne

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Brawly

• Wattson

• Flannery

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Norman

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Winona

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Tate & Liza

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Wallace

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Juan

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Who are your favourite Gym Leaders out of Hoenn? These are mine:

• Brawly - when he isn't fulfilling his Gym duties, he's a laid-back surfer who loves catching waves instead of Pokémon.
  • Wattson - he's a jolly old man who's always laughing and joking.
  • Flannery - she's fierce and feisty. Also, she had a grandfather in the anime who was the Gym Leader before she was.
  • Tate & Liza - they were the first Gym Leaders to be twins, and also the first ones to use the then-new Double Battle mechanic.
  • Wallace - he's elegant and fabulous. I also like how he was upgraded from Gym Leader to Champion in Emerald, something that would be later done with Iris in Gen 5.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Lately I've been liking Wallace a lot and I wish he had stayed as the gym leader of Sootopolis city's gym instead of Juan taking over it in Emerald.

Wallace seems to have the most personality out of all the Hoenn Gym Leaders.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Norman, bеcausе hе is rеlatеd to thе playеr charactеr and tough to bеat, and Winona, bеcausе shе looks еlеgant and I likе hеr wholе tеam (Swеllow is slееk, Tropius is just a nеat conсеpt, Skarmory is tough and intimidating, Pеlippеr is goofy and dеrрy, and Altaria is adorablе).

I don't remember Winona having a Tropius or Pelipper in her team. Was that in Emerald? (I only played Ruby and OR.)

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Shе has a Pеlippеr in all Hoеnn gamеs shе appеars in, and also usеs a Tropius in Еmеrald.

It's been a long time since I battled her in OR.

zolios

I'll have to go with Winona because she was surprisingly strong in Gen 3 with her Altaria and she is the only Gym Leader that managed to defeat me multiple times. I also like the Flying type a lot so her being a Flying type Gym Leader is also a big plus.

Other Hoenn Gym Leaders that I also like a lot (but not as much as Winona) are Roxanne and Brawly.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Juan and Wallace. Their teams are almost the same and I love Sootopolis City so it's no wonder why I love the Gym Leaders there at the Gym.

Didn't Juan use to be Wallace's teacher or something? I never played Emerald.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Norman because he had the closest relationship with us in the games 'cause he was our dad. He was also 1 of the toughest gym leaders in R/S/E and I loved that. :D

He might be your (in-game) dad, but that doesn't mean he isn't tough. :D

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Roxanne because of her anime appearance. She is a nice teacher and a strong trainer.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
I like a lot of them but I feel Flannery had the most personality and story. She has a legacy to uphold and is also a young trainer, despite clearly being mcuh older than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.