1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favourite Hoenn Location

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by MockingJ, Aug 31, 2018.

1. shoz999

shoz999 The Legend of Mudkip

The Battle Frontier easily. I thought the graphics in Gen 3 were good but nothing mind-blowing compared to some other JRPGs I saw. That was until I got to the Battle Frontier and man did it blew my mind on what GameFreak could do with the limited GBA hardware, castes, pyramids, temples, dojos. The Battle Frontier not only stood out as a strong post-game, it had a great awesome look to it. All the more disappointing we didn't see it's 3D counterpart in the remakes.

WishIhadaManafi5 and Boss1991 like this.
  2. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

I liked the thunder and lightning of that route, although I did feel like it was a hassle to hunt down Hinbass (Feebas). I disliked the fact that some areas required the Acro Bike, too.

MockingJ and BTS_fan like this.
  3. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

Probably Sootopolis City. I love the location and the idea behind it. Feels like a little hidden city to me and I love how you must first access it by using Dive, plus the fact that the resolution of the story is there makes it even better to me. Very unique and lovable city to me.

BTS_fan and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  4. crockett55

crockett55 New Member

Ever Grande or Pacifidlog for me, they're my favorite.

5. BTS_fan

BTS_fan Banned

Southern Island in RSE because it had an aura of mystery since hardly anyone got to visit it. Too bad the island can only be visited once per game iirc. :(

WishIhadaManafi5 and Boss1991 like this.
  6. Saberu

Saberu Well-Known Member

I love so many places! Fortree city with all those bridges, Pacifidlog floating on the water, Mossdeep hidden in the sea route with a SPACE CENTER, and of course Sootopolis, the secluded gem in a crater... speaking of crater, remember Meteor Falls? I liked it more in RS than in Emerald, due to the color change, but it was so cool finding Champion Steven there... I never did beat him.

Oh, and the volcano... the cable car especially. One of the few areas I didn't like better in the remake. When I was a kid, I was so amused that I had a fourteen-second-long track... I thought it was cool that it was so short. I don't know why but I used to be so curious about song length.

And Route 120! Maybe it's not much (although I think it's great) but I spent the entire game wanting to get there to catch Absol and when I finally did, well... there wasn't a much better feeling than that.

I just love Hoenn so much.

7. Sootopolis City, because it seemed quite hidden and its music was great.

I also like the Battle Frontier, Petalburg Woods, and Dewford Town.

MockingJ likes this.
  8. Monozu

Monozu Cosmopolitan Dragon

The locations of Hoenn are very memorable - they're all so weird and wacky.

I like Mossdeep a lot, along with Lavaridge and the cool little cable car. Verdanturf is very nice too.

MockingJ likes this.
  9. deoxysdude94

deoxysdude94 Waiting on SWSH

Lilycove City. I loved the museum, since I had the 2nd floor finished in the original RSE.

10. Boss1991

Boss1991 Hardcore Pokéfan

My favourite location in Hoenn is definitely the Battle Frontier.