• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Hoenn Location

MockingJ

Banned
I'd like to hear about everyone's favourite city/town/cave/route/etc. in the Hoenn region games. Please try to explain your choice.

Mine's the Sky Pillar because climbing it was so hard but also fun. Plus it's where Rayquaza dwells.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I like the Battle Frontier in Emerald the best because it has a variety of facilities there that one could experience a variety of battle styles there. There were seven different ones so that was definitely exciting. There was also the nice challenge of getting all of the Gold Symbols and it was especially a tough one.

Cat's Eye Draco

Mt. Pyre, mostly due to how spooky it feels with the graveyard and the fog. I also like Fallarbor Town for its falling ash (I used to pretend it was snow) and Fortree for its tree houses.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Southern Island is my favorite Houen locale. I loved the mysterious vibe of the island, the soothing music that plays there, and Latios/Latias. It's just a shame how difficult it was to reach that island in R/S/E.

Daizy

I call you honey
Lilycove since that's where all the major buildings are such as the department store and Contests in Emerald.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
Lilycove since that's where all the major buildings are such as the department store and Contests in Emerald.

Minamo (Lilycove) City has an amazing background music theme from my vantage point, yet the place feels lacking once the Magma-dan/Aqua-dan get beaten. Contests are the only big appeal there for me.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I love ORAS Mauville. It gave mediocre city a much better fitting makeover. The various locations like Rydel's Bike Shop, the Battle Institution, and the food court made it feel like a real mall. Too bad the Game Corner was cute out

Lilycove is a close second because any city with a department store is an instant favorite. Plus it has the Aqua/Magma hideout

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Meteor Falls, because it is just beautiful (I really dislike its colour change in Emerald, though) and the only location in Hoenn that has wild Bagon. I also like Seafloor Cavern for its puzzles and Sootopolis City for having an unique underwater entrance.

BlackRayquaza98

Gen 3 Enthusiast
Probably Dewford Town, just a cute location out of the way of everything, with some great music. I like the entire region though

Leonhart

Imagineer
BlackRayquaza98 said:
Probably Dewford Town, just a cute location out of the way of everything, with some great music. I like the entire region though

I liked the town hall there even though I never did understand why some of my trendy sayings didn't get picked up by the residents.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Sootopolis City, I've always loved it for its music and the architecture of the houses there. Plus, the fact that it's located in a crater is pretty cool.

My favourite non-city area would be Meteor Falls. I really like the music there as well (gives it a mysterious feel IMO) and just think it's a pretty area (I especially like the golden colour it has in Ruby/Sapphire).

Route 110, specifically the Cycling Road, south of Mauville City. It was always favourite place of mine to hatch eggs whilst trying to beat the record time.

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
I really like Rustboro City, Petalburg Woods, Dewford Town, and the water routes that go from Land Hoenn to Dewford, and from Dewford to Slateport City.

Hoenn was my first region and I honestly love all of it, although I did hate the cave music when I was younger. (Shout out to seven year old me managing to get stuck on Route 110 because I couldn't see the grassy path below cycling road)

Routes 119 and 120 have the best soundtrack and are so pretty, not to mention fun with all the different paths/bike areas. I also really liked Mt Chimney and the Jagged Path, they just felt exciting! I also loved hopping down the mud flats in Meteor Falls

I have a visceral nostalgic reaction to the Oldale and Verdanturf town themes in particular, but as a location, you can't beat Fortree. I think my favourite gym is actually Wallace's from RS, the ice floor puzzle was really neat. I still remember the first time I solved Winona's swinging gates.

I think part of why Route 120 is my absolute favourite place is the reflective puddles. That's the area where they feel the most fun, with the rain bouncing off all of them and splashes as you run through.

Yureishi

I have to say Sootopolis City. I like how it's completely isolated and surrounded by a sinister atmosphere all around. When talking about Hoenn, I also appreciate a lot the various sea routes.

TheotherLati

Ace Trainer Brendan
Huge love for Hoenn here. My favorite one that I usually spend most of my time would be Foretree City and the route right before it. I'd spend countless hours attempting to catch Feebas with NO avail haha and building secret bases around that area too