• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Kanto Legendary Bird

Which legendary bird is your favourite?

• Articuno

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Zapdos

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Moltres

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Generation I introduced a trio of legendary birds, also known as the Winged Mirages. Which one is your favourite? Please remember not to spam and explain your choice a bit.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Articuno is easily my favourite. It's just so majestic and elegant-looking, like the Northern Lights.

Articuno is my favorite of the three Kanto legendary birds. I think it looks really cool. On the other hand Zapdos is kinda bland and Moltres is just..... KFC.

Someone on YouTube (forgot their name) actually called Moltres KFC in a playthrough of a FireRed/LeafGreen hack. XD

Leonhart

Imagineer
Freezer (Articuno) is my favorite Legendary Kanto Bird, although Thunder (Zapdos) is great too. The second Pokemon movie is one of my favorites specifically because Freezer and Thunder made their anime debuts in it.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I like all three (in their Kantonian Formes, at least), but I'll go with Articuno. It is elegant and majestic and I love its cry. Seafoam Islands are also my favourite dungeon in Kanto.

Shinruna

Rose of Fire
As I like its stats and battle performance much more than its two opponents, Zapdos takes my point. Regarding the Gen. VIII forms, on the other side, I enjoy Galarian Moltres the most because of its elegant black and red colours.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I prefer Zapdos. It looks stats are great along with the design and does not have the same 4x damage from the obnoxious Stealth Rock compared to Moltres and Articuno.
Honorary mention Galarian Moltres. It's design is amazing.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
If we're going with just the originals; Articuno is my favorite design wise, seconding what NovaBrunswick said about its general elegance. I loved how both it and Vaporeon were constantly sparkling in their Stadium models. Zapdos is my favorite mechanics wise, along with having an almost equally great design.

Moltres is unfortunately unsuccessful on both fronts; wasn't too big of a deal growing up but ever since the "Moltres without flames" meme I only see a rubber chicken.

If we're throwing in the Galarian forms, I love the changes to Zapdos. Galarian Articuno was a downgrade for me though, and Moltres is a little better in black but still not great.

Lucariomen

Articuno (Had a lot of great experiences with Articuno, Ice-Types, and its design looks a right amount of beautiful, powerful and mythical. It's more than a legendary for me! :))> Zapdos (He's actually pretty cool! O_O)> Fire KFC (Moltres is just... bland.)

P.S.: I noticed something! People are also having the "ArticUNO > ZapDOS > MolTRES" opinion! Probably it was intended to give a better design to the Pokémon with the highest Spanish number? Maybe that's why their English Names are like that!

PoDiRancher

Gotta say Zapdos, he's cool looking. Articuno is a close second, he has a nice "majestic" appearance. Moltres is considerably lower than both, he's still good but I find his more generic phoenix design less interesting than the others. I think Ho-Oh is clearly a better legendary fire bird.

Venomshock

I will always like Articuno the most out of the birds. But it was the hardest one to reach. I wish him and Moltres had required less work to find like Zapdos.

Status
Not open for further replies.