• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite League Conference

Favourite League Conference?

• Indigo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Silver

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With the Sinnoh League (hopefully) weeks away, I was wondering which of the previous league conferences everyone enjoyed the most.

Last edited:

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
The Silver conference was good for having all (well, nearly all- Kingler wasn't used) of Ash's pokemon, but Snorlax and Charizard were major glory hogs and the Johto pokemon were barely used. I do think it had good characters and battles though, and was definitely a step up from the bulk of Johto, which was shameful. Good resolution to the Ash and Gary rivalry too. So yes, I'd say Johto was the best, although they've never quite got a league right.

Thriller

Its almost time
Silver Conference, only because Ash actually used his reserves, which is something he really needs to do every League.

5ilVer

<-- so adorable ^_^
silver rocks!!
Ash beat Gary
Charizard vs. Blastoise!!
what more awesome then that?

benking27

The Silver Conference was a fundamental victory for Ash and his team, but I must go with the EverGrande Conference. I rewatch it almost monthly.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I never saw much of the Silver Conference. Only one battle (Ash vs Gary). I don't remember much of the Indigo conference except for Ash vs Jeanette and Ash vs Richie. My favourite is the Ever Grande Conference. Epic battles.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Silver Conference was a one-hit-KO-fest, and everyone knows how much I dislike the Indigo League. That leaves the Hoenn Conference, which - while not perfect - certainly featured the best battles. It also had the best rivals. Every league thus far has suffered from rushing, however, which makes me hope they'll extend the Sinnoh League further than seven episodes.

Mine was the Hoenn League due to the fact that it showcased the three main types of pokemon battles - single, double and full. Battle-wise it was better than Indigo but not quite on par with Silver. It really went downhill after Satoshi's match with Kaede 'though.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Interesting that there seems to always be division over whether it is good for Ash to use his reserves or not. I personally like the system they seem to have established in AG- uses only Pikachu and his new pokemon in the main region's league, then uses some of those pokemon throughout the filler saga alongside choice reserves. I personally would find it annoying if Ash brought reserves in to battle the likes of Barry, Nando and Paul, at least at this stage

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
My favorite was Hoenn because I loved Tyson and Morrison's characters and teams. My second favorite was the Silver Conference because Ash and Gary's battle was EPIC and I waited a long time for that match. My third and least favorite was the Indigo league because it was a little boring to me and the introduction of Richie was the best thing to come out of it.

totallylost

That one guy...
I've got to sat Silver for the following reasons:

All of Ash's Pokemon were used except Kingler.
Bulbasaur and Squirlte had some great battles.
Charizard truly showed us how good it really is.
And Gary was there!!!!!!!!

Ash vs Gary still to this day remains my favorite full battle. The battle against Harrison was also quite good.

I never saw the entire Ever Grande conference, only the battles against Tyson and Morrison. So to be fair, I don't know much about it. (all I know is that Glalie was amazing)

The Indigo League was ok, but the lack of full battles really killed it. At least Kingler got a chance to shine

HarukaShuuFan986

Ish stunned...
The Indigo League was..just..horrible It would have been better if the battle between Ash and Ritchie didn't..well..suck. Ash losed like stupidly (if that's a word) because Charizard didn't want to fight Ritchie's Pikachu.

Anyways my favorite has to be the Silver conference it had the epic battle between rivals the Indigo League didn't have. Ash's Charizard was totally the opposite it was in the Indigo League, and that battle was just awesome. I hope the Sinnoh League has that. It might even beat the Silver Conference due to the fact there might be an Ash vs Paul battle. If there IS one and fills my expectations then it definitely is better.

Weeks away? We won't get to the Sinnoh league until about April 2010 at the earliest.

Holy crap.

My bad! XD
I forgot to take into account the fact that Japan only gets one new episode per week. Here in the UK we get a new episode everyday with repeats on weekends, after the episodes have aired in the US of course.

But back on topic, thanks for all the posts everyone! XXX

Last edited:

Skull-Kid

Silver Conference was a one-hit-KO-fest, and everyone knows how much I dislike the Indigo League. That leaves the Hoenn Conference, which - while not perfect - certainly featured the best battles. It also had the best rivals. Every league thus far has suffered from rushing, however, which makes me hope they'll extend the Sinnoh League further than seven episodes.

I pretty much agree with this.

I liked the Hoenn League best.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
My bad! XD
I forgot to take into account the fact that Japan only gets one new episode per month. Here in the UK we get a new episode everyday with repeats on weekends, after the episodes have aired in the US of course.

But back on topic, thanks for all the posts everyone! XXX

Actually Japan get weekly episodes -and they haven't started Galactic Battles here in the UK yet- and the reason that the League won't be until at least April is because there will be a long Asatsuki/Sunyshore arc before so.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Indigo League - The Kanto writers were completely incapable of writing compelling battles(other than Charizard VS Magmar). This applied to the Kanto League just as much as everything else. Even Ash VS Richie - which would have been as close to an epic showdown as Pokemon gets if it happened for the first time today - was a pathetic, rushed piece of crap. Next!

Silver Confrence - Why can't they just say "(region) league" for all of these? Honestly. ...I'll be honest, I remember almost nothing about this league except:
1)There was a fire-type user who was in luuuuuv with Ash
2)ASH BEAT GARY. NEWS AT 11.
3)I guess there was a Harrison dude but that's all I remember about him without looking things up.
To make such a staunch non-impression on me, the Johto League must have been better than the Kanto League but not that good.

Houen League - Hey, they stopped with the completely arbitrary league names! I know, I know, Indigo league is from Indigo Plateau and Silver League is from Mt. Silver, but why name them after those places instead of calling them (REGION) LEAGUE? This one actually had some pretty good battles, and even the league-only opponents were memorable(Harry Potter! Sir Swalot! Katie, the chick who's REALLY AWESOME IN BATTLE!). The league-only rival was a hoot too(despite looking like a fat male Misty). Tyson? Who's Tyson? Some frozen chicken company representitive? I think we have a winner!

S.Suikun said:
Every league thus far has suffered from rushing, however, which makes me hope they'll extend the Sinnoh League further than seven episodes.
Although I support and endorse this event or product. Pity the writers never leave out a few cake-making Raichu eps at the start of the saga so they have room for non-rushed villain arcs and Pokemon Leagues at the end of the region, instead of going "crap! We have to fit in ALL OF THIS into a year or two of episodes!".