1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favourite moments of XY(Z)

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by TheScentedApple, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

My favourite X&Y moment was when we saw Serena's camp flashback cuz it was cute seeing Ash as a little kid and it explained Serena crush on Ash. I also enjoyed when Serena had her sobbing breakdown when she lost her first showcase since her pokemon got all emotional as well. It was so sweet. :3

2. -every inch of the mega OVA, if mega rayquaza using Draco meteor on Dorito head, bedhead, over-enthusiasm and Hoenn God wasn't cool enough, all four of them ended up going up against two Hoenn muddafukking primals - and lived
    -TF arc, great animation, perfect execution, great way to end the season, also they somehow made a rock the final boss
    -Daigo-san's entrance in XY134, 'tis fabulous AF, also I think we know the only reason he's even there is because megalith-senpai :3
    -RIP Clembot, I was watching in our local park, and I nearly cried
    -I think I nearly cried throughout whole TF arc TBH, so gud
    -"we all have a tomorrow" quote by Ash, despite it coming from a 10 year old who eats soup with a fork, it's inspiring AF
    -"humans are weak but determined" quote by squishy, super
    -the soundtrack from the whole XYZ season. I've never heard something as beautiful as the theme in Clembot's death, piano so sad
    -IkuZe!!
    -bedhead and everything he does
    -over-enthusiasm and how adorable she is
    -Dorito head is intelligent in the anime, unlike the games
    -Hoenn God is being Hoenn God. That's all I need to love this anime
    -All gym leaders were relevant
    -I didn't know Yurika could sing in such an emotional way, too cute!
    -iris didn't come back
    -charizard didn't come back

I loved this season :D

3. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

- Jessie NOT interrupting the public Tripokolon to perform, and getting huge fanfare.
    - Braixen finally getting a proper battle style, if in a fairly one sided battle against Pikachu (PLEASE give her another real battle).

4. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Anta Baka!

Serena's final episode and Serena's arc in general even though her goal was poorly handled.
    The Team Flare arc.

5. DankOverlord

DankOverlord Komodo Dragons Rule!

-Ash Greninja vs Mega Sceptile
    -Olympia Battle
    -TF Arc
    -ME Specials

6. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

I loved how Jessie participated in Serena's last showcase during the recent episode. I LOVED how Serena blushed when seeing her and thanking her for helping

7. noakai

noakai Well-Known Member

This is my favorite list too, with the addition of the very first 2 eps, the AG vs Mega Sceptile battle, and the entire Noibat episode.

8. satopi

satopi SM Ash is best Ash! All hail Champion Ash!

Serena performing with Shauna and her final episode in general. Clemont dancing with Luxray was a hilarious sight to see. TR not interrupting the battle/Performance event and Jessie performing alongside. Shota having a good sendoff!!!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  9. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

Don't forget 'serious evolved badasses' Greninja, Talonflame and Noibat dancing like a maniacs. XD

It's rather annoying that after a lacklustre whole arc, they managed to give Serena a pretty gratifying final limelight episode.

10. Frozocrone

Frozocrone Miraculous!

1)Animation was pretty on point and battles between Pokemon that weren't shafted were good (Greninja, Charizard X, Sceptile. Also liked Pikachu battles in league).
    2) Serena's final focus episode (agree with DatsRight, for someone whose been written badly, she got a pretty good final episode)
    3) Team Flare was pretty well done overall
    4) Mega Evolution Specials
    5) Sassy Serena with her mother
    6) Iku Z and V-Volt
    7) Bonnie in general

11. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Anta Baka!

I also liked the episode where Serena dressed as Ash, Alan beating Ash in the league, Serena catching Eevee and then it evolving into Sylveon, and Serena cutting her hair after having an emotional moment with her Pokemon. Also Alan saving the world by rescuing Mairin's Chespin.

12. Daniel31

Daniel31 HopingGaryReturns

I liked all of those Serena moments too, easily in my top 10 of her best moments. The Serena Becomes Ash episode was one of the those extremely rare occasions where I thought the dub was a little better than the raw, mainly because I thought Haven Paschall did an awesome job as Serena in that episode imo.

13. mystic9899

mystic9899 Pokemon fan

favorite moment was the gym leaders arriving to help ash and co. out during the tf finale

14. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Regardless of the outcome the final Ash vs. Alain fight was one of the best in the entire series. Much better than the last Ash vs. Paul one

15. Xenon Blue

Xenon Blue No Hard Feelings

Care to elaborate as to why? I find Ash vs Alain extremely disappointing no matter who won in the end.

16. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Animation and Choreography was great and some of the pokemon had great moments. (Pikachu beating two psuedos and Hawlucha vs weavile.)The bird aerial fight was amazing

17. Soniman

Soniman Break the Limit

The first half was good

18. Xenon Blue

Xenon Blue No Hard Feelings

Animation was amazing as always, but the execution of the match was pretty bad IMO. Felt like a bunch of 1v1's mashed together, with fallguy Noivern and Goodra being the fallguy for no reason in favor of Pikachu. At least with Ash vs Paul Infernape needed to put up numbers to show Paul what's up and Torterra falling down sort of represented a momentum shift in the match and the fact that Ash was supposed to be completely out of this match but managed to claw his way back again. Not to mention IKUZEfrog vs ZardX being extremely anti-climatic and poorly handled.

19. noakai

noakai Well-Known Member

I still say that Greninja v MCX was one of the worst battles this show's done tbh. It looked pretty because the animation is so good now, but the actual match itself was boring and repetitive. The only dramatic moment happened when the orange shuriken showed up and the match ended right after that so meh.

20. DeepSeaDragon

DeepSeaDragon Well-Known Member

Most amourshipping moments
    Ash vs Sawyer (kalos league)
    Ash vs Diantha (rematch)
    Ash vs Korinna (gym battle)
    XYZ 28&29
    Serena haircut scene
    Bonnie+Zygarde scene during the TF arc
    Fletchinder evolution, Talonflame v Moltres
    Noibat evolution, Noivern v Zapdos
    Serena vs Aria