• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite moments of XY(Z)

DatsRight

I'll skip the most obvious moment of the final episode since I'm sure many others can describe it better.

On a lesser note, while the first half of XYZ handled TR badly, the second half was much better handled. They only did a handful of their usual Pikachu-schemes (most of which were at least more creative and blended into the plot better than the two dozen or so shoehorned ones in the first half), otherwise they were absent altogether to give Ash full focus or in off clock roles that used them rather well (the Flare arc and the public Tripokalon being obvious cases). Perhaps most amusingly, during their last curb stomp a few episodes before the finale, they even lampshaded they didn't really have a chance against Ash's currently overpowered squad, and actually learned to fold 'em, spending the final few episodes doing their own thing and having a new plot to keep in Giovanni's graces until Ash inevitably resets his team in Alola.

As a result of this, Inkay and Gourgeist also got the cathartic bone throwing of waltzing out of Kalos happily rather than being last seen blasted off like the previous squads.

Oh. Another favorite thing? The season ended.

That's complete savageness right there lol

I loved everything about XY/Z, just wish the writing was on point more times

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
One thing I need to applaud XYZ for is that it went an entire series without a proper beach episode, which to me seems pretty mature by normal anime standards.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
Only 9 more pages and we'll catch up to the Worst Moments thread!

Not sure if this was mentioned and all Amourshipping aside, but I liked those private conversations between Ash and Serena. At the summer camp when they fell down into the canyon (talking about dreams), the night at the end of the Master Class, and recently XYZ45 when they battled each other. Some genuine moments even if don't ship them.

Those moments, particularly the river scene at the camp and the snowball scene, are literally the only reason why the ship has something genuine to stand on. All of those tease moments of Serena blushing, the "date" and half *** gift-giving, Ash getting sick and falling on her, and the kiss were nothing more than shipper pandering otherwise.

XY had some poignant human to human interactions - just needed to be more.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
TR dropping their Solrock and Lunatone souvenirs when they were rushing to the plane. :p

Janovy

Banned
TR dropping their Solrock and Lunatone souvenirs when they were rushing to the plane. :p
That was so not subtle, and yet so awesome. Loved it as well.

XYZ Ash was well developed, and a pretty solid character throughout, despite the lack of humor in his personality at times.

Lysandre was a great villain.

...That's about all I've got, honestly...

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Oh. Another favorite thing? The season ended.

Atleast you're being honest.:p

I'll have to say my favorite moments in XY were pretty much the gym battles and gym leaders overall. I felt they were fleshed out better here than in Unova. I hated most of the gyms in Unova but in XY, they did a good job.