1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favourite Pokémon of your Least Favourite Type, Least Favourite Pokémon of your Favourite Type

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Minedreigon, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Minedreigon

Minedreigon We are the Swarm

Exaclty what it sounds like. These good things about bad things and bad things about good things threads are really fun.

Ignition likes this.
  2. shoz999

shoz999 Master of Disguise!

That's a tough one since I like all the types. Although I suppose my least favorite is possibly Ice Type due to it's huge number of flaws. Now my favorite Ice-type? That would have to be a cross between Dewgong or Alolan Ninetails.

3. Zhydra

Zhydra Master of Chaos!

I don't recall a type I have a least favorite of... except for maybe ice.

It is a tie between Vanilluxe and Alolan Sandslash.

Least favorite of my favorite type however is an easy one.

Turtonator of the dragon types. (It has its uses but the tactics behind him isn't for me.)

4. Ignition

Ignition Couldn't care less even if I tried

My favorite Ghost Type is Blacephalon.
    My least favorite Fire Type is Arcanine or Reshiram

5. Scammel

Scammel Well-Known Member

My favourite type, Ground: Palpitoad. The line has a pretty cool 'natural world IRL' concept behind it, but why does it manifest as a fat, walking cartoon human head with egregious brain tumours?

My least favourite type, Fairy: Tapu Bulu. Fairy seems a very conceptually confused type, often coming over as simply a grouping of effeminate/twee Pokémon. Tapu Bulu and a small handful of others break this mould and do a good job representing the fey/mystical element of the type while looking threatening.

Colt45 and Minedreigon like this.
  6. Minedreigon

Minedreigon We are the Swarm

Outlandish! May you please explain why? I’m genuinely curious.

My least favourite bug type is Parasect. To be completely honest, while I understand the bug typing because what appears to be a cicada nymph is infected, the Pokémon is now under the control of the mushroom itself, which is clearly based on the real life cordyceps fungus. Fungi aren’t bugs, so this type connection is kinda loose. They’re also not plants, so even the grass typing is loose.

I would personally retype these Pokémon completely. Paras would be Bug/Ground due to the nincada nymph appearance, while Parasect could be any number of things from Bug/Ghost, Bug/Dark, Bug/Poison or even Poison/Ground if you want.

This isn’t my main problem with Parasect anyway. I just think it’s plain creepy! The cordyceps fungus is interesting but extremely unsettling, and it murders my precious bugs! Get out, Parasect.

My favourite fairy type is Magearna. It’s basically Aigis, it has a really cool backstory and design, I like its arm cannon, it’s excellent in battle... there’s a lot to say about it. I just wish it got more coverage in the actual game, hate how they stopped giving mythical Pokémon in game events of any kind.

7. Ignition

Ignition Couldn't care less even if I tried

I think Zekrom just looks better. It doesn't look like a Legendary to me. Looks like some overgrown chicken. Plus I dislike how it's the cover Legend for Black as I told my parents to get me Black (thinking it was Zekrom's game) but was disappointed to see whatever the hell Reshiram was (I was an angsty preteen lol).

It's just a let down to me from a time where I was questioning my faith in the series. Granted it was overreacting but the bad first impression still sticks.

Minedreigon likes this.
  8. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Least favourite Water type: Lumineon. Not only does it have awful stats and barren movepool, it also looks uninspired and has an annoying cry.
    Favourite Fighting type: Mienshao. Although it has a very high evolution level, it is fast and hits hard, has an usable Special Attack, and U-Turn/Regenerator combination is amazing. Its design is sleek and elegant, too.

9. AuroraBeam

AuroraBeam Well-Known Member

Least favorite dark type: Alolan raticate. I get the reasoning why he's fat but he still ugly to me. But I don't dislike him either. Everything else is just better to me.
    Favorite rock type: Tyranitar. He's cool & fierce looking.

10. Nockturne

Nockturne Well-Known Member

My least favourite Psychic type is Medicham, and my favourite Poison type is Dragalge

11. Weavy

Weavy Usually silent

My favourite type is Dark: My least favourite Pokemon of this type are Alolan Grimer and Muk. The originals were already my least favourite Pokemon in the series and the Alolan forms aren't much better.

My least favourite type is Poison: My favourite Poison types are Nidoqueen and Roserade. Their majestic looking designs appeal to me a lot more than most of the other Pokemon of this type.

12. Colt45

Colt45 Cobalt

Explain Arcanine tho. I don't think I've ever run across someone who dislikes Arcanine. I myself don't care for Reshiram either.

Um I guess my least favorite type is Fairy, and I think Xerneas would be my favorite of that type. As someone said earlier, fairy is very conceptually confused. They usually just go for "overly pink and effeminate or feminine" but they also do forest fairy-tale creature designs, and I think Xerneas is the pinnacle of this. When they go along that vein, fairy has more potential.

My favorite type is electric and my least favorite mon there is Emolga. That thing is an abomination. I think we can all agree on that.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  13. AgentKallus

AgentKallus Currently known as AgentKallus

My favourite type is Electric. I love almost all of them but the one that I don't like would have to be Thundurus. Emolga is wonderful IMO as is Stunfisk.

My least favourite type is much harder to pin down, I'll say it's poison but I'm not 100% sure on that but if it is poison then there are still a lot of posion types I like such as Oddish and Gengar.

M.P. likes this.
  14. M.P.

M.P. Ghastly Gamer

My favorite type is Ghost, and my least favorite Pokemon of that type is Jellicent. I just think it looks a bit... dumb. Frillish's design is much better.

My least favorite type is probably Fairy (since I've used it the least), and my favorite Pokemon of that type is either Wigglytuff or Florges. Wigglytuff because of it's role in the PMD Explorers, and Florges because I like it's design (don't really understand why it isn't part Grass, though).

AgentKallus likes this.
  15. GarchompTheAssassin

GarchompTheAssassin Water starter fan

Favourite normal type is Staraptor or Pyroar

Least favourite water pokemon is probably Basculin or Bruxish

16. Cat's Eye Draco

Cat's Eye Draco Well-Known Member

My favorite type would probably be Ice, in which case I guess I'll have to go with Cryogonal as my least favorite. Don't know why, but I just never took to it, for some reason.

As for least favorite type... I guess I'll go with Poison for that one - (I've got nothing against it, really, it's just the type I probably use the least) - with Seviper being my favorite.

17. shoz999

shoz999 Master of Disguise!

My least favorite Pokemon of my favorite type, Steel? Hmm...I guess Wormadam in his steel-typing form.

18. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Blizzard Maiden

Least favourite Dragon-type: Alolan Exeggutor, don’t know why but I can’t really get into the memetic appeal behind it.

Favourite Normal-type: Tie between Arceus and Staraptor. Have a soft spot for Staraptor as one of the “regional birds” which is actually quite good and I like Arceus’ design.

19. Least favorite Ghost-type (my favorite type) is probably Spiritomb. I don't know why, but it just doesn't appeal to me and I find its design to be lackluster. My favorite Steel-type (my least favorite) is most likely Mawile. It is unique (at least to me) and has helped me a lot in playthroughs, and its Mega form is so good.

20. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

Favorite of my least favorite: Dustox

Least favorite of my favorite: Between fire and water, I'd say... Luvdisc, maybe.