• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Region Music-Wise?

Which region has the best music in your opinion?

• Kanto

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Johto

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Unova

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Kalos

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Alola

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Which region in the world of Pokémon has the best music tracks in your opinion?

Mine are:

• Johto - Listening to the music, even in the remade games, still gives me a feeling of nostalgia. Violet/Olivine City's themes especially.
  • Hoenn - Trumpets. And also nostalgia. Littleroot Town's theme sounds like a homecoming after a long journey.
  • Alola - Sounds so tropical and yet sometimes relaxing, even zen-like. Hau'oli City has that ukulele strumming in it, which perfectly fits Alola being the Pokémon world's version of Hawaii.

- NovaBrunswick

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Favorite overworld themes: Hoenn.
Favorite battle themes: Johto (esp. Lugia/Ho-oh in HGSS).

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
My favorites are Johto and Kanto. I really like the battle themes, overworld themes and just the soundtracks of them as a whole.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Alola and Unova are my personal favourites.

Couple of RSE themes and Route 206 for DP also make the cut.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Hoenn and Sinnoh by far. The music themes of Route 111, 120, Fallarbor Town, Weather trio battle, Hoenn Champion battle, Route 203, 205, 206, Eterna City, Sinnoh Champion battle, and Dialga/Palkia battle are awesome.

I think Hoenn has the best music, but I'm very biased due to nostalgia and my love of trumpet...

TikTok13

Oh, I have a title?
Undoubtedly Unova. Each battle theme has a lot of individuality, and there are some rather emotional themes as well that work perfectly with the storyline and just fit. Plus, I love the Unwavering Emotions theme and Cheren's, Bianca's, Hugh's, N's and Alder's respective themes.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Sinnoh, they nailed the soundtrack right from the opening, the mystery that floods your mind as you hear the opening song, as Professor Rowan speaks to you about the world of Pokemon. Plus the Sinnoh routes are simply magical, Route 201, 206, 209 and 212 are personal favourites and the Cynthia battle music is spot on, with the intensity of the battle, I still remember fighting against her for the first time, on the edge of my seat whilst the music played, it was so tense.

Other personal favourites include overall the soundtracks from Johto, and Kanto, but a few tracks from other regions are special to me too, like Petelberg City, N's farewell, the theme of Alola and Gladion's battle theme.

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
X/Y easily has my favorite OST. There are so many memorable pieces. I also like the OSTs of the first three generations. I think, for the most part, the OSTs of D/P/Pt, B/W/B2/W2, and Sun/Moon are forgettable. I was actually really disappointed with Sun/Moon's OST after X/Y. I had heard sometime in between that one of the music directors of X/Y left/got fired or something and the difference is certainly noticeable. But if I had to put them in order... (with a HUGE gap between #4 and 5, of course)

1. X/Y
2. G/S/C (I guess we can include HG/SS, too)
3. R/S/E (OR/AS can count too)
4. R/B/Y (FR/LG can count as well)
5. Sun/Moon
6. B/W/B2/W2
7. D/P/Pt

There literally were NO memorable tracks from D/P/Pt for me. I love the games, but that OST... Meh.

Last edited:

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
1. Alola hands down! So many good soundtracks in these games! Whether tropical, fun or eerie, they really nailed it.
2. Hoenn/Unova following very closely. Hoenn is pure nostalgia and trumpets, Unova brought something new, dramatic and fun.
3. Sinnoh. Other than Cynthia's glorious themes, didn't have that much to offer.
4. Kanto/Johto. Bit of nostalgia in there, but mostly don't really care for it.
5. Kalos. Absolutely the worst. Had so much potential with the french influence and then went with forgettable orchestral themes that sound like what someone who never heard french music probably thinks it sounds like. I don't think it had anything that truly stood out for me, except maybe Lysandre's theme.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
There's just something special about Hoenn that makes me love its music more than any other region.

It's rather odd, honestly, considering many of the battle themes have the exact same percussion rift, but still the music is just so wonderful to me.

I will say, though, that Sinnoh also has several wonderful pieces of music, especially Route 209.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Sinnoh had the best tracks IMO, minus a few miss-fires like the Pokemon League music.

I think the Sinnoh Pokémon League music - the one you hear just before meeting the Elite Four - is pretty relaxing with the slow piano at the beginning. It reminds me of coming to the end of a long journey to the top (i.e. becoming the Champion).

Unova's Route 10 theme has the same effect too.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Hoenn had the best tracks. Even the worst one (Littleroot's music) trumps the other regions.

I actually quite like Littleroot's theme. It's light and airy, like a Swirlix. :p