1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favourite Regional Bird?

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by NovaBrunswick, Sep 9, 2019.

?

Which is your favourite of the regional birds?

1. Pidgey

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. Spearow

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. Hoothoot

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Taillow

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  5. Starly

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  6. Pidove

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  7. Fletchling

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  8. Pikipek

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  9. Wingull

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

Every generation of Pokémon so far has had a first-route Flying-type that is often caught by beginning trainers. Which is your favourite of the regional birdies? :D

My favourites are Starly and Fletchling, the reason being that they evolve into two pretty amazing Pokémon: Staraptor and Talonflame. Second would probably be Pikipek, as it also has an awesome evolution (Toucannon) with an awesome move (Beak Blast), which causes a burn to the opponent if it uses a physical move. Third would be Taillow, as my Swellow on Omega Ruby is a pretty solid flyer and fighter.

(I'll add Gen 8's bird when it's revealed; Corviknight might be an evolution of that bird.)

wolf jani likes this.
  2. wolf jani

wolf jani The vice-commander of Mimawarigumi

I love all of them.

My favorite first form is Pikipek, favorite middle is Tranquill & my favorite final evolution is Swellow. All 3 from different lines lol

Dragalge and NovaBrunswick like this.
  3. GarchompTheAssassin

GarchompTheAssassin Water starter fan

First stage and second stage : Fletchling and Fletchinder

Final Stage: Staraptor > Talonflame/Pidgeot > the rest

NovaBrunswick and wolf jani like this.
  4. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Well-Known Member

My favourite is Fletchling, because while I don't think Talonflame is THAT good of a Pokemon, I do appreciate how Fletchling breaks the mould by evolving into something other than Normal/Flying. I do hope Corviknight ends up being the final evolution of Galar's Route 1 bird.

5. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Staravia is probably my favorite

6. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Still miss you, Lorne. Staff Member

The Pidgey line. Loved the look of them, along with the speed.

7. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

Hmmm, it's a tossup between pelliper and talonflame. I was a big fan of pelliper even before it got the boost with drizzle, as it was pretty versatile in RSE (my first games) with surf, fly, ice beam, and aerial ace. I used it in every playthrough of RSE and ORAS, and in at least two of the SM/USUM games. I haven't used talonflame in battle outside of gen 6, but man, that bird is a boss. With flame charge, fly, and aerial ace, I loved using it.

8. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Starly, because Staraptor looks cool, has high Attack and Speed stats and gets Close Combat to wreck annoying Rock- and Steel-types.
    I also like Fletchling, since it changes typing upon evolving and has Gale Wings (shame it got nerfed horribly) and Taillow, since Swellow is sleek, and Guts is never bad.

9. NovaBrunswick

I always feel like Staraptor should've been Fighting/Flying type, but now Hawlucha takes that crown.

10. Ignition

Ignition My son finally did it

Staraptor since it’s now the best regional bird in terms of competitive viability. Having a way to hit Rock and Steel Types outside of Steel Wing is nice. Reckless Choice Band Double Edge is underrated. Swellow and Toucannon are honorable mentions.

Staraptor>Toucannon>Swellow>Unfezant>Talonflame>Noctowl>>>Dodrio Lite aka Pidgeot

NovaBrunswick likes this.
  11. UltimateNinja

UltimateNinja ~Ice Cold~

Talonflame for actually being the only one who isn't Normal/Flying. Out of those with that type combination, Staraptor is my favourite. If Corviknight is the regional bird of Galar, then he's probably getting my new number one.

12. LusoTrainer

LusoTrainer Retro Trainer

1. Pidgeot
    2. Noctowl

13. MockingJ

MockingJ (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Hoothoot is my favorite because I think it looks really freaky with those big red eyes and it's sort of cute too when you think about it. I don't like Noctowl as much though.

14. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

Like Noctowl, especially it's animation from BW2 where it turns it's head around, looking at you, the player, with it's red eyes.

15. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

Oops, I just realized tailow is considered the regional bird in Hoenn on this list, not wingull. LOL I was wondering why there was a comment about all the others being normal/flying. Well, I still consider pelliper among the best, but until gen 6 it was in many ways one of those "fill the pokedex, nothing special" kind of pokemon for a lot of people, which is why I consider it the regional bird. I can say the same about pidgey, hoothoot, tailow, and pidove. Staraptor and Talonflame are definitley great. I had high hopes for Toucannon, since I love their look and I love beak blast, but it's been proving to be an average-at-best battler.

16. NovaBrunswick

Some regions have more than one regional bird, as with Kanto and Hoenn. So Corviknight may or may not be an evolution of Galar’s bird, it could just be in its own independent family.

wolf jani likes this.
  17. wanderist

wanderist Someone

My favorite overall is the Starly line. Starly is adorable and I love all three designs and their abilities. I think they're the ones I've had the best experience with on my team.

Pidgey is second just because it was one of my first Pokemon and I recently used Hoothoot and Noctowl for the first time and loved them, so Hoothoot's up there too.

wolf jani likes this.
  18. Dicklaycia

Dicklaycia Objectively Better Than You

My favorite would have to be Taillow and Swellow out of the lot of them. They have very sleek-looking designs, so they appeal to me quite a bit as a result. Plus, I have found that they were rather useful when I used them in-game back in the day.