• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Remake

Which remakes are your favourites?

• FireRed/LeafGreen

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • HeartGold/SoulSilver

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Let's Go, Pikachu!/Let's Go, Eevee!

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Inspired by favourite third/enhanced version thread. Which remakes of the Pokemon games are your favourite? Please remember not to spam and explain your choice(s) a bit.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I consider HG/SS to be the greatest Pokemon remakes of all time, although I really like LG/FR and OR/AS as well. What sets HG/SS apart is the inclusion of several exciting post-game activities, such as the Battle Frontier and Pokethlon, as well as there being a second region to explore.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
HG/SS are probably the most faithful remakes, with added features, events and stories such as the Arceus event, finding out Giovanni is Silver's father, and the Hoenn and Sinnoh Sounds to catch Gen 3 and 4 Pokémon in Johto and Kanto. I also loved the addition of the Safari Zone.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Graphically I would say HGSS since I enjoy the scale of the world. Plus seeing Pokemon follow you makes it feel like a true adventure. However it's tedious to level up your whole team in these games.

ORAS is another favorite whenever I wanna feel nostalgic for older games.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Save for the horrid level curve, HGSS are excellent for remakes by the large amount of content. It also restores many of the dungeons that were gutted/missing in GSC.

ORAS are also pretty good that it doesn’t place artificial restrictions on the regional Pokedex, it also expanded on a few areas (Scorched Slab is not just a cave) and I quite liked the Mauville redesign. Graphics are also overall much more vibrant compared to XY.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Probably ORAS. HGSS as remakes are terrible and the Kanto remakes are pretty basic besides some Johto storyline foreshadowing. ORAS fixed a lot of my issues with Hoenn like the abysmal water routes and lackluster characters. It also added a lot to make the Hoenn experience more memorable

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Probably ORAS. HGSS as remakes are terrible and the Kanto remakes are pretty basic besides some Johto storyline foreshadowing. ORAS fixed a lot of my issues with Hoenn like the abysmal water routes and lackluster characters. It also added a lot to make the Hoenn experience more memorable
Hoenn will always be my fav region. Its a mixture of nostalgia and a good quality

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Ah, ORAS. Such fond memories. I loved the soaring music that played when I flew around on Latías and Latios to get legendaries. ORAS had the best legendary hunting method, even though it was tedious to get certain legendaries on certain days and times. And the Contest thing! That was amazing. I got a shiny Raikou from someone and he and I swept all the Contests together. I loved that Megas were so prevalent in Hoenn’s story, especially in the Delta Episode. I mean, riding a giant green dragon into space to battle an alien? EPIC. Overall, 10/10 despite too much water.

Pretty difficult choice since I think the first 3 options were all really good remakes. But I'll have to go with ORAS. Hoenn is my favorite region and it was so awesome to see it in 3D. The Primal formes were a really nice addition, Rayquaza was incorporated in the story in a pretty creative way during the Delta Episode. And despite what IGN claims, the water was less tedious than in the originals since Sharpedo basically became a water bicycle. The only downside is the exclusion of the Battle Frontier, but it's not like I tried that place a ton of times in Emerald anyways, I was pretty terrible at it.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Pretty difficult choice since I think the first 3 options were all really good remakes. But I'll have to go with ORAS. Hoenn is my favorite region and it was so awesome to see it in 3D. The Primal formes were a really nice addition, Rayquaza was incorporated in the story in a pretty creative way during the Delta Episode. And despite what IGN claims, the water was less tedious than in the originals since Sharpedo basically became a water bicycle. The only downside is the exclusion of the Battle Frontier, but it's not like I tried that place a ton of times in Emerald anyways, I was pretty terrible at it.
What do u mean about Sharpedo?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
ORAS because it's a Hoenn remake, and I do like how aesthetically pleasing the games are.