• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite season

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Basically, which season was your favourite? Make sure you say why though (I'm not putting a poll because there's too many options!)

Mine was Battle Frontier. Yes I know you're all probably thinking, why. But it's because it was the first I ever saw, I've seen every episode at least 3 times and I love the theme tune!

Discuss.

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
What happened to this thread? Why did no one answer? Let me fire the first shots in a long and bloody best season holy war.

Master Quest. I liked the ending,
it acknowledged that Misty and Ash cared for each other a little more than friendship, but in a way appropriate to their age and not disgustingly cheesy/gross (Honestly, I in no way wanted their relationship to progress to kissing or anything, they're 10(maybe 11))

Sayho1234

My favorite season of all would have to be the Orange League season because it's the most unique season of all in the fact that it had allowed for the writers to have absolute complete, creative, freedom as they didn't have a game plot to follow for a change. This season was also unique in the sense that for once the show wasn't an advertisement for the games, as there were no games for the Orange League season at all.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
My fav seasons are the DP ones (10, 11, 12 and 13), I like them all equally :3

TehGr81

College graduate
I pretty much like all the seasons equally as a whole, but if I were to pick one it would be Battle Frontier. When I first saw it debut on CN back in 2006 I wasn't too crazy about it because of PUSA taking over the dub, but they've grown on me and I've really enjoyed it. It's quite an underrated season actually.

Last edited:

Kevin Servo

Kanto all the way. The Orange Islands were nice and it was awesome that it introduced Tracey but the original will always have a place in my heart.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
*moving to polls*

I can't say my favorite season since I don't bother with the dub anymore, but everything associated with DP was cool with me. Great storylines, great recurring characters, decent-to-great animation.

TicoPokemonMaster

My favorite season of all would have to be the Orange League season because it's the most unique season of all in the fact that it had allowed for the writers to have absolute complete, creative, freedom as they didn't have a game plot to follow for a change. This season was also unique in the sense that for once the show wasn't an advertisement for the games, as there were no games for the Orange League season at all.

Same as my thought. It shows that the writers could pull of a saga without it having to follow the games.

Rex Kamex

My favorite season of all would have to be the Orange League season because it's the most unique season of all in the fact that it had allowed for the writers to have absolute complete, creative, freedom as they didn't have a game plot to follow for a change.

There were still gym battles, Pokemon to catch, and the League. Just not ones from the games. Team Rocket was still in it.

This season was also unique in the sense that for once the show wasn't an advertisement for the games, as there were no games for the Orange League season at all.

The part about advertising isn't true at all. The whole point of the various Pokemon series is to advertise the games, and those episodes were still advertisements for Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow. Those four games were still advertised because the eps were about catching Pokemon, battling in gyms, etc. (To a lesser extent they advertised the upcoming games Gold and Silver because, even though those games weren't out at the time, the eps still had Togepi and Marill. The Lugia movie and Pikachu's Rescue Adventure also had 2nd gen Pokemon.)

Yankees4life

RONALDO!!!
Battle Frontier/Advance Battle

mistycerulean

Battle Frontier, I think. Returning to Kanto, and for once, very interesting filler episodes if you ask me.

BlueVapor

Plus, it was the only time when Tracey was traveling with Ash, fun times.

I think I liked AG as a whole the best. I dunno why, maybe it's the fact that the writers acknowledged past characters, (Misty, Tracey) and showed them, along with us getting a new girl (May), and the introduction of contests.

Satoshi_poketo monsta

Home-Made Trainer.
The one I love at least :
- Advanced Generation.
Its so cool to see Ash had 3 people to accompany him along the way.

- Diamond and Pearl.
Full of story. Also funny to see how Team Rocket got chased by Steelix. I remember that Episode clearly. I haven't watch the fullest, But I'm currently collecting the DVD though.

- Best Wishes.
I don't know how to say this but, I think BW started to grow on me. I actually kinda bit sad seeing Brock has to leave. I don't know if I'm going to like Dent. I'll watch this Anime I think. To see how Dent in action. Also with Iris.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The Orange Islands arc was my favorite. I also like the original Indigo League arc though not as much as the Orange Islands. We had Ash actually win a League in the Orange Islands arc, albeit, not an official League. I still think it counts though.

Status
Not open for further replies.