• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Sequel?

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
Super Mario Galaxy
Brawl
Kingdom Hearts 2
Pokemon Gold/Silver
Super Mario Bros 3
Twilight Princess
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2
Mario Kart Wii
House of the Dead: Overkill
Road Rash 2
Advance Wars 2
Paper Mario: TTYD

Honsy

Screaming Narwhal
Road Rash 2

That game was awesome.

Half-Life 2
Phoenix Wright - Trials and Tribulations
Super Mario Bros 3
The Sims 2

Does GTA 1969: London count as a sequel? It was more of a spin-off, I suppose, but...

CyberneticGlion

Pokemaniac10 revived
Super Mario Bros 3
Super Mario Galaxy
Paper Mario 2
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Banjo-Tooie
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Kirby's Adventure
Kirby Dreamland 3

All I can think of

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
Spider-Man 2. The superhero-sandbox idea was brilliant and I was surprised nobody else thought about it.

Sly 3, Majora's Mask and the Ratchet & Clank sequels were very good as well.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
ratchet & clank 2: going commando
ratchet & clank 3: up your arsenal
ratchet & clank 4: tools of destruction
call of duty 4: modern warfare

Dudette101

Feel the heat~!
Don't be hatin'.....

Kingdom Hearts II (Eeeee! x3)
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
SSBB
Densetsu no Stafy: (some really long title I can't remember xD)
And some others....=D

Djura

99% chance to hit
Gears of War 2 - Because big, manly men with throbbing veins, huge chins, lots of facial hair, and chainsaw guns are awesome.
Call of Duty 4
Resistance 2

And...that's it.

Last edited:
Paper Mario: TTYD because...Yeah, I'll spare those who already know...

Also notable mentions include Fallout 3 for giving such an amazing and radical change to the series is such a way that not only takes everything from the first games and makes them available in First or Third person, but also tacks on many other things on top of the transition that makes the game go more than a step forward. Pikmin 2 deserves to make the list since it built so much more upon the formula of the first game, which rocked so hard, just needed some adjustments. Gears of War 2 because Horde in general is amazing, however the story is...Lacking, to say the least. Among some others.

Well, the best sequel i have played so far...Goes to Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 3, counting the right chronology). It marked how the Mana Series had to be made...and how they should be presented again these days....=S

Honor mentions:

-Romancing SaGa 3
-Super Mario Bros. 3
-Terranigma (Soul Blazer 3: Tenchi Souzu)
-Contra 4
-Super Smash Bros. Brawl
-Tactical Espionage Action: Metal Gear Solid / Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (PSX/GCN)
-F-Zero X
-Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
-Megaman 9
-Breath of Fire II
-Mario Kart Wii
-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
-Ikaruga (If we consider it the direct sequel of Radiant Silvergun, as other Treasure fans do)
-Actraiser 2
-Gradius III
-Touhou: Imperishable Night
-Final Fantasy VI

...i could go on...but i won't.

TheMourningKing

King of Nothing
Majora's Mask has to be my favorite sequel but: Gears of War 2, .hack//G.U. Reminiscence and Redemption (if those count) are also very good also Prince of Persia: The two thrones, and Vectorman 2 were excellent. This list is based on a direct story continuation so games like Ocarina of time, .hack//G.U rebirth and the New Prince of Persia which all start a story line are neglected from the list.