• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Serebii forum Skin?

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Happy style hurts my eyes.

Really? Are we talking about the same thing? It's just white and light blue; that's why I like it. Most of the other styles have wildly clashing colors that I find tiring to look at for too long. Plus it uses the green and pink Celebi as thread icons, which I prefer because it's the site's mascot and because it's slightly easier to quickly which threads are new than two different Pokemon. A lot of the other styles are just too hard to read.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Ok, I'm going to explain what's happening. Many of you know we're going to upgrade to VB4 soon. What many of you don't know is that Skins for VB3 are not natively supported in VB4. There are Tools to convert the old VB3 skin to a new VB4 skin, however the creators of the tool admit that many skins can't be converted. Given the age of the skins we can't garentee they will transfer. We're seeing what's the one most people like now.

A new rule: Identify the skin by name, not just the "red" one.

Mister_SGG

The red one

I'm using Dark-type, after being recommended it by Slick. Thank you.

Although the GameFAQs-y Happy style is nice too.

Ground Type is the one I always used back in my days, since ground is my favourite type =D
Also, the Pichu bros skin is pretty neat, love the "wall" in the background

Last edited:

Geekachu

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
You can change your skin? Huh...there's what I learned today.
I mostly prefer the Default Version 9.0, seeing as though it's quite simple. I do now change every now and then.

PokeTrainerJay

High in the Sky
I didn't really realise that I could change the skins until someone answered it in this thread. Anyway I used to be using the Serebii.net v9.0 but now I've changed to the G/S/C Skin as I like the look of it :)

MewQueen

Just tryied them all out, and I like Dark type, Ghost, and serebii v9.0....... can't decide, help?

Really? Are we talking about the same thing? It's just white and light blue; that's why I like it. Most of the other styles have wildly clashing colors that I find tiring to look at for too long. Plus it uses the green and pink Celebi as thread icons, which I prefer because it's the site's mascot and because it's slightly easier to quickly which threads are new than two different Pokemon. A lot of the other styles are just too hard to read.

It might be my monitor, but the white everywhere burns. I can handle clashing colors though.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋

Necro101

The v9 it has good contrasts and does not hurt your eyes or anything it's not too flashy to so V9 for me.

RAWK ON

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Ok, I'm going to explain what's happening. Many of you know we're going to upgrade to VB4 soon. What many of you don't know is that Skins for VB3 are not natively supported in VB4. There are Tools to convert the old VB3 skin to a new VB4 skin, however the creators of the tool admit that many skins can't be converted. Given the age of the skins we can't garentee they will transfer. We're seeing what's the one most people like now.

A new rule: Identify the skin by name, not just the "red" one.

If you can't convert the skins, can't you just create new ones? Some of them are already quite old and while they're still functional, could stand for an update.

Just tryied them all out, and I like Dark type, Ghost, and serebii v9.0....... can't decide, help?

Dark is too boring and v9 is too mainstream. Definitely do Ghost.

Actually, now that I think about it, do Dark. If too many people start using Ghost then it'll be mainstream too, and I couldn't stand for that.