• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Sinnoh Gym Leader?

Who is your favourite Sinnoh Gym Leader?

• Roark

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Gardenia

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Fantina

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Maylene

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Crasher Wake

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Byron

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Candice

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Volkner

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
My favorite has to be Fantina, because of her elegant design. I also like how she's French and uses Ghost types :)

What I liked about her was that she was lively and charming, unlike past Ghost-type enthusiasts like Agatha and Morty. Plus her Gym's Platinum redesign looked so cool with those skulls.

What I liked about her was that she was lively and charming, unlike past Ghost-type enthusiasts like Agatha and Morty. Plus her Gym's Platinum redesign looked so cool with those skulls.

I think she stuck in my head from her first line in the gym, at least in Platinum:

"oHOHOHOHO!"

But right, my favourite.

Volkner, all the way. Need I explain my reason, except mention the phrase "ultimate bromance"?

Hardly anyone seems to be voting for Maylene, I wonder why? She had a good team and a cool design. I thought she could've gotten a bigger role though since she owned a Lucario.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Hardly anyone seems to be voting for Maylene, I wonder why? She had a good team and a cool design. I thought she could've gotten a bigger role though since she owned a Lucario.

I liked how Maylene helped out Candice with her training on the snowy slopes of Snowpoint, because Ice is weak to Fighting. It's given more of a story and detail in the Pokémon Adventures (Diamond & Pearl & Platinum) manga.

And Maylene's a pretty tough girl too, because she walks barefoot in the deep snow and freezing temperatures up in the Sinnohan mountains. :eek:

Last edited:

TikTok13

Oh, I have a title?
I really liked Roark and Byron, personally. I found the fact that they were father and son pretty cool. But I genuinely hated Volkner and that entire section of the game. His personality was so dull, and the battle was far too easy.

I do have to say that I quite like Byron and Roark since the both of them are interesting in that they are both father and son and also have some connection to one of my favourite characters, Riley. It leads to some pretty cute headcanons :3

I'd go with Volkner as my favorite because he was calm but cool. His emo phase always makes me laugh though and his D/P team should've been full on Electric type.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Maylene since she used a Lucario. Also, I always thought she was related to Charon because they have the same hairdo.

So you thought Maylene was evil? That would be an... interesting twist. :eek:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
My favourite Sinnoh Gym Leader would be Volkner because I liked that he had a Raichu and I also liked his cool design. And also because he is simply the Gym Leader of Sunyshore City, which I like in particular because of its solar panels being installed on its pathways.

Manchee

extra toasty
Love love love Byron. Steel-types all the way, and the fact that he's Roark's dad is even better. Love me a good dad I wish that Byron had more of a presence in the games, but Canalave was one of my favorite towns too, so that really helps him out in my opinion- I think a lot of people remember that area of Sinnoh.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'd go with Volkner as my favorite because he was calm but cool. His emo phase always makes me laugh though and his D/P team should've been full on Electric type.

His Diamond and Pearl team was dreadful, although that was due to Shinou's lack of Electric-type variety at the time. Denzi (Volkner) has the coolest male Shinou Gym Leader design from my viewpoint, however.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
No, I just thought she was Charon's niece or something.

I don't think she is, at least not in the canon anyway. But we can have our own fan theories. ;)