• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Sinnoh Gym Leader?

Who is your favourite Sinnoh Gym Leader?

• Roark

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Gardenia

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Fantina

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Maylene

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Crasher Wake

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Byron

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Candice

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Volkner

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Who is your favourite out of all 8 of the Sinnoh chapter of Gym Leaders?

I have quite a few -

1. Candice - She's a pretty tough girl to be wearing a sweater tied around her waist and bared legs in the coldest point in Sinnoh.
  2. Maylene - She's a fierce fighter who uses a Lucario, one of my favourite Pokémon.
  3. Roark - He just has that sort of geeky charm to him, maybe because of his glasses. I like how the games show the deep ties Roark has with his father Byron, the Steel Gym Leader of Canalave City.

And which Sinnoh Gym Leader(s) is/are your favourite(s)?

- NovaBrunswick

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Either Crasher Wake or Candice for me. I just love Crasher Wake's gym design in Platinum, and Candice is just plain cool, both in the anime and in the games, I like her design a lot.

Kalosian

So long
My favorite is Volkner. The main reason is that I can relate to his burnout on Pokemon battles, that has happened to me as well as I have been burnt out on Pokemon. Most notably at times when Gen 4 was the newest. I experienced a very small and short burnout while playing through Diamond, it actually started right before I was about to battle Volkner and ended once I had trained up two new Pokemon as my "team" and beat the Elite Four with them. The second one lasted during the latter half of Gen 4, for more than two years. I later got my interest for Pokemon back, while Volkner got over his burnout and regained his passion for Pokemon battles after I had beat him. I also remember Volkner being rather difficult to beat in Platinum even if he was the last Gym Leader in the game. For these reasons, he is my favorite.

Apart from Volkner, I am also a big fan of Candice and Crasher Wake. I like Candice's talk about focus, and Crasher Wake is just a really cool character in general.

So I voted for these three.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
My favorite is Volkner. The main reason is that I can relate to his burnout on Pokemon battles, that has happened to me as well as I have been burnt out on Pokemon. Most notably at times when Gen 4 was the newest. I experienced a very small and short burnout while playing through Diamond, it actually started right before I was about to battle Volkner and ended once I had trained up two new Pokemon as my "team" and beat the Elite Four with them. The second one lasted during the latter half of Gen 4, for more than two years. I later got my interest for Pokemon back, while Volkner got over his burnout and regained his passion for Pokemon battles after I had beat him. I also remember Volkner being rather difficult to beat in Platinum even if he was the last Gym Leader in the game. For these reasons, he is my favorite.

I also once burnt myself out on Pokémon for quite a long time (I broke off it after Ruby & Sapphire). Because of this, I missed out on the Gen 4, Gen 5 and Gen 6 games when they first came out (I didn't get the Gen 6 games straight away because I only had a normal DS, not a 3DS, at the time, while not getting the Gen 4 and Gen 5 games was due to my burnout). I finally got back into Pokémon in 2013 with Black (1, not 2), and from there on I'm a Pokémaniac again. :)

So you could say I was a bit like Volkner during that time. ;)

Aquarelle

Staff member
Roark is my longtime number 1 favourite. I've always found him adorable (love the glasses and longer hair) and his Gym battle introduced me to the Cranidos line, which is one of my favourites. Plus, there's the whole mining thing, which I like as digging in the Underground is one of my favourite features of the Sinnoh games.

I really, really love this whole group of Gym Leaders, though, so I picked everyone on the poll as I always do when given the chance. :p

Xuxuba

Fantina.

Reasons:

1) Her style

2) How tough she is

3) How she also competes against you in the Contests

4) Who doesn't love ghost types

5) Kalos reference way before XY even came out?!

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Fantina.

Reasons:

1) Her style

2) How tough she is

3) How she also competes against you in the Contests

4) Who doesn't love ghost types

5) Kalos reference way before XY even came out?!

Fantina is French, and Kalos is based on France, so were Nintendo/Game Freak planning Kalos two generations in advance?! :eek:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I still consider Gardenia to be my favourite Sinnoh gym leader cuz I like her design and type specialty, as well as her Platinum version gym design. My second favourite is Crasher Wake and my third favourite is Candice. :3

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I'd have to pick Volkner because my battle with him brings back fond memories of my childhood and I liked how he enjoyed a tough battle against good challengers.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I've always been a fan of Candice. I like her cute looks and cheerful personality,
as well as her whole rematch team(especially Weavile). That being said, I also like Gardenia and Crasher Wake, the former for her fear of Ghost types(I'd like to see her in a future game with any of the Grass/Ghost Pokemon) and the latter for his personality and theme song.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I've always been a fan of Candice. I like her cute looks and cheerful personality,
as well as her whole rematch team(especially Weavile). That being said, I also like Gardenia and Crasher Wake, the former for her fear of Ghost types(I'd like to see her in a future game with any of the Grass/Ghost Pokemon) and the latter for his personality and theme song.

Imagine Gardenia's reaction when she finds out about Pumpkaboo, Gourgeist, Phantump, Trevenant, Decidueye or Dhelmise. :p :D

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Crasher Wake, though Candice is a very close second. How can you not love Crasher Wake's design, dialogue and his own theme music. He's a rather easy Gym Battler to beat but hey he's fun.

Izanagi777

Volkner would be my favorite, given that he's one of the strongest Gym Leader (even compare to other region Gym Leaders) and i like the fact that he got bored about battling because there's no worthy challenger and even will try to challenge E4+Champion had we didn't beat him at that time..

arceus03

Gardenia!

I don't know why, I just love her design. And I find her being afraid of the Old Chateau to be... funny.

On the topic of gym leaders, I'll never understand why everyone keeps referring to Wake that way.
... I mean Crasher Wake.

NPT

Just a member
My favorite Sinnoh Gym Leaders are...

1. Crasher Wake: He has a cool personality, and his gym design in Platinum is great!

2. Candice: I really like her design. Also, I find some of her dialouges fun... "Candice is on fire! I'm blazing hot! Hot enough to melt Ice-type Pokémom! I need a battle to cool me down!" xD

Last edited:

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
Volkner because he's the best looking lol. *shallow*

I mean... the rest of the Sinnoh gym leaders are just really weird looking.