• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Sporting Moment of 2008

Favourite Sport Moment of 2008

• Spain conquer Europe

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • New England's run stopped at the Final Hurdle

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Redeem Team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 is a golden number for a swimmer

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Bolt's Bolt

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Final Gasp at Interlagos

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A Promise kept for a loved one

• Bollyline?

• 2nd our 126 year history

• Tiger does it again

• Total voters

treespyro

Vintage much?
Here is a poll on what you might think is the best moments of 2008

Whether it is Usain Bolt's Bolt or even The Wimbledon match for the ages, 2008 provided many moments that will never be forgotten

So the Poll will have many choices, though

The choices are explained with corny titles

1) Euro 2008
2) Super Bowl XLII
3) USA Men's Olympic Gold
4) Michael Phelps
5) Usain Bolt
6) 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix
7) Matthias Steiner who won gold after promising his wife the year before when she was dying after a car accident
8) Australia vs. India issue Cricket yeah
9) World Series 2008
10) Tiger Woods 2008 victory

Yeah I forget the 2008 Wimbledon Final, oh well

If you have others you can post them

Last edited:

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
The Phillies won the world series. Nuff said

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Easily Michael Phelps winning eight gold medals in Beijing. It wasn't just an individual effort though. You have to give credit to all of Phelps' teammates in the relays. Hell, he wouldn't have gotten the record had it not been for probably the greatest relay race ever during the 4*100 freestyle relay. I was watching that live and I went wild, though Phelps easily has me beat for enthusiasm.

The fact is that Phelps was competing against other swimmers who specialize in certain strokes, yet he proved himself as probably the greatest all-around swimmer ever by defeating all comers. There were close races (one-one hundreth of a second anyone) and there were landslides. Yet at the end of all of them, Phelps emerged victorious.

So yeah, Michael Phelps' eight gold medals is my vote for sporting moment of 2008.

EmpoleonRules

Water FTW!
Hm......the time the Giants beat the Patriots gets my vote. Michael Phelps comes in second.

Andywoo

Banned
Unsurprisingly (for you Treespyro), I will have to go with the Lewis Hamilton winning the F1 title at the dramatic, unbeleviably suspensful Brazilian Grand Prix.'

Phelps effort will come in second for me.

raichu2626

Volt Tackle
I know my favorite sporting event from 2009 is going to be when the Tennessee Titans win the SuperBowl

Raptor ruler

Easily Giants winning the Super Bowl though I'm a huge Steelers fan, I despise the Pats so I was happy, Tiger in Second and Phelps in third. (I consider winning a Major on 1 good knee more impressive than 8 gold medals)

treespyro

Vintage much?
Well since this is mostly American, I will go for Usain Bolt because that was crazy

cbiesra

Pedophillia? Naww.>>
Phelps.

THe Redeem Team comes in second.

treespyro

Vintage much?
Yeah keep the votes coming

#Gecko#

The Essential One
Michael Phelps. He made me get interested in the swimming races after learning he could break record and all. Euro 2008 comes 2nd though.

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken
Not so much a moment, but a warming observation. The year Steinbrenner kicks Tory, the Yanks don't make the playoffs, and the Dodgers (Tory's new team) almost make the World Series. I love karma.

Cutty

Forever now
Manchester United won the Champions
Manchester United won The club world cup.

KoS was super annoying in 2008, he'll prolly read this and call me a hypo again.

I'd have to go with the Giants beating the patriots to win the super bowl with phelps winning the 8 gold medals a strong second. The reason I picked the super bowl is because it was a moment I won't forget since I'm a giants fan. Also because I loved that David Tyrie catch. When I saw that I was so excited that I knew the Giants would win and they did.