• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Tales of Game??

I personally loved Tales of Graces F, the characters, story, music, art style, game play all did it for me.

Tales of Arise is less Anime and more Western looking, shame.

Hope its good anyway.

Whats your favourite game in the series??

I might play more, so far beaten Graces F, and XIllia 1.

Vesperia had no map or quest telling u what to do so i quit out of confusion and gameplay totally sucked as well.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I only played a little of Tales of Symphonia, but I did like the characters in it, especially Genus Sage.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Tales of Vesperia. Easily. Other than a somewhat decent story, its gameplay remains strong.

My main issue with Vesperia is they take too long to introduce a lot of combat options. It also might be the worst with sidequest triggers, but up until Xillia Tales games were terrible with them.

My favorite is either Xillia 1 or Berseria, I know Xillia was rushed at the end so the third act is short but for whatever reason it has a charm I like.

My main issue with Vesperia is they take too long to introduce a lot of combat options. It also might be the worst with sidequest triggers, but up until Xillia Tales games were terrible with them.

My favorite is either Xillia 1 or Berseria, I know Xillia was rushed at the end so the third act is short but for whatever reason it has a charm I like.
Xillia 1 was really good :)

The Mega Champion

I just got back into this series so I can't choose yet. I've gotten pretty much all of the 'recent' (PS4-era) games and I've decided to get older (PS3 & 3DS) ones so I can't really answer this... yet. lol

I've played Symphonia and am currently playing Berseria. Symphonia used to be my favorite but I'll admit I'm enjoying the hell out of Berseria right now.

I'll give my decision once I've played them all I guess. It'll be quite awhile though. I super behind on games and getting more is just putting me more and more behind. lol Although the only ones left I need to search out is the Abyss 3DS port & the Xillia games

To be honest though... I hope they pull a Vesperia and do more remasters in the future but I hate taking risks so I feel like I don't have a choice but to search out the older ones in case they don't.

I just got back into this series so I can't choose yet. I've gotten pretty much all of the 'recent' (PS4-era) games and I've decided to get older (PS3 & 3DS) ones so I can't really answer this... yet. lol

I've played Symphonia and am currently playing Berseria. Symphonia used to be my favorite but I'll admit I'm enjoying the hell out of Berseria right now.

I'll give my decision once I've played them all I guess. It'll be quite awhile though. I super behind on games and getting more is just putting me more and more behind. lol Although the only ones left I need to search out is the Abyss 3DS port & the Xillia games

To be honest though... I hope they pull a Vesperia and do more remasters in the future but I hate taking risks so I feel like I don't have a choice but to search out the older ones in case they don't.
i keep hearing symphonia and vesperia but i feel those had a generation effect, like first real ps2 or 360 jrpg and nostalgic.

Berseria, Xillia 1, and Graces F seem like the best IMO.

Still need to play Xillia 2 and Zesteria

It lacked a hell lot of content, the POV choice was weird as there wasn't anything stopping the devs from changing the POV whenever Jude and Milla separated, and they underdeveloped the last portion of the game.
Not perfect but enjoyable, i tried abyss, symphonia and symphonia 2 and couldn't play much.

Maybe to much of a graphics lover or hate old game style, (couldnt play ff7 even though im aware its god tier)

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
I haven't played as many Tales games as I would like since I never had a PS2 or PS3 and only bought Nintendo consoles. I've enjoyed most of the games from what I've played and seen on walkthroughs. It's hard for me to pick favorites, but if I had to choose, it would probably be Abyss. I grew up with Symphonia on Gamecube, then got Abyss for 3DS and Phantasia for GBA. My brother did get a PS4 so we were able to play Berseria, and with Steam we got Vesperia and Zestiria.

Definitely would love to see more remasters and ports, but maybe I should just get a used PS3.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Bump of Chicken, the band behind Tales of the Abyss's Opening "Karma," just made a special music video for Pokemon celebrating the series as a whole. It was awesome.

The band name jumped out at me when I saw the video. Really cool! Recently I was listening to one of their new songs called Gravity and now I want to see the anime movie with that as its theme.

I've never owned a playstation, so the only ones I've played are Symphonia, Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, Phantasia, Vesperia, Zestiria and Berseria.
Symphonia is my favorite by a lot. I beat the story over 15 times and is probably the GC game I've played the most. Berseria's second, I liked the battle mechanic (despite my pc not being optimal to play the game so it lags quite a lot) and the fact that the protagonists are actually viewed as the villains by the world.

Of the ones I've played, I feel Zestiria was the weakest. Idk, I feel the story was rather lackluster. It's a good thing they made Berseria as a distant prequel to expand on the lore.

I haven't played as many Tales games as I would like since I never had a PS2 or PS3 and only bought Nintendo consoles. I've enjoyed most of the games from what I've played and seen on walkthroughs. It's hard for me to pick favorites, but if I had to choose, it would probably be Abyss. I grew up with Symphonia on Gamecube, then got Abyss for 3DS and Phantasia for GBA. My brother did get a PS4 so we were able to play Berseria, and with Steam we got Vesperia and Zestiria.

Definitely would love to see more remasters and ports, but maybe I should just get a used PS3.
yeh xillia and graces f are great havnt played xilla 2 butits probably alrihgt, only issue is the constant money debt bs from the story from what ive heard

I've never owned a playstation, so the only ones I've played are Symphonia, Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, Phantasia, Vesperia, Zestiria and Berseria.
Symphonia is my favorite by a lot. I beat the story over 15 times and is probably the GC game I've played the most. Berseria's second, I liked the battle mechanic (despite my pc not being optimal to play the game so it lags quite a lot) and the fact that the protagonists are actually viewed as the villains by the world.

Of the ones I've played, I feel Zestiria was the weakest. Idk, I feel the story was rather lackluster. It's a good thing they made Berseria as a distant prequel to expand on the lore.
my only issue is the old rpg setup, talk to everyone and figure out what to do, loved the quest point on screen in the newer games.

vesperias talk to everyone to go forward drove me nuts,

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
yeh xillia and graces f are great havnt played xilla 2 butits probably alrihgt, only issue is the constant money debt bs from the story from what ive heard

Out of the ones I haven't played, I want to play Graces, the Xillias, and Destiny the most. I've noticed the debt in Xillia 2 but I've read that there shouldn't really be an issue in getting Gald to progress through the story.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Symphonia is my fav mostly just because it was kind of the first real JRPG I played, so it has a special place in my heart. Still play it every couple years. I had fun with Phantasia as well, which I played a couple years back.

I personally loved Tales of Graces F, the characters, story, music, art style, game play all did it for me.

Tales of Arise is less Anime and more Western looking, shame.

Hope its good anyway.

Whats your favourite game in the series??

I might play more, so far beaten Graces F, and XIllia 1.

Vesperia had no map or quest telling u what to do so i quit out of confusion and gameplay totally sucked as well.

I've seen Graces get a lot of flack, but I also really liked it.

I'm not a fan of either of the Xillia games, I didn't really like the repetitive corridor-like areas, and none of the characters in either game really ever grew on me.

I'm looking forward to Arise, I think it looks very good and I'm still hoping for a return to the MP based combat systems of the older titles.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Vesperia is the one where combat never clicked for me, but that’s because they slow drip combat skills and make abilities more costly than they should be.

Xillia with the link arts and pair up is probably my favorite system