• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite 'Team Rocket Wins' moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatsRight

Let's face it, everyone takes guilty pleasure when the butt monkey villain gets some small taste of victory, and the trio themselves even have the trope of it as their namesake.

So what rare moment on top for the Team Rocket trio and their Pokemon do you think was the best?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I like whenever they do something good and win fair and square in battles or competitions or whatever.

DatsRight

I think the only wins Team Rocket ever made was when Jessie won some contests.

James has won a couple of events (eg. Off the Unbeaten Path, even if it ended up tainted for the other two members). Several Pokemon have also won odd battles. Not to mention several times they've won due to teaming up with Ash's group.

I'm tempted to say 'A Dancing Debut'. I know people don't think a lot of the showcases, but they put a lot of sympathy into Jessie's group there as well as showing off their own abilities well (and it's fittingly the only showcase she used her whole team). The use of non-battling events and duet performances meant even Meowth and Wobbuffet could perform brilliantly.

Last edited:

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
For me it was when Jessie got all 5 Sinnoh ribbons and proved that she didn't need to cheat to do great things.

Well she didn't cheat, but one of them was given to her by the Dawn look-a-like princess and another was won for her by James. Then again she certainly did better in sinnoh than in Hoenn or Johto. For me their best episode was Holy Matrimony!, where James' Groelie rescued him from his fiancé but he left it to protect his family. It showed that even James has a heroic side somewhere. Not to mention the fact that Jessie and Meowth tried to sneak in to save him, that showed that they understood each other.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Oh by FAR Jessie's first official contest win in "Team Shocker" was the best. It was the end of five seasons of torture of seeing Jessie grow as a contest entrant and not get that elusive ribbon (at least they also had her winning with aipom in the meantime). She was shaky when she started in Hoenn, but by Battle Frontier she was getting better and had a few contests she really deserved to win. Seeing her finally win was a welcome turn. At least I got far enough behind in episodes to look at pics of future (for me) episodes and know that they DON'T put us through the same torture with the Pokemon showcase.

I also like "Off the Unbeaten Path" because James gets to win. "Holy Matrimony" also gets an honorable mention because Team Rocket gets the happy ending (besides Meowth), and the twerps get the bad ending. :D

Last edited:

DatsRight

Well I think my favourite moment was when Jessie caught Yanma in front of the kid who was hunting it down. :D

You forgot Yanma evolving into Yanmega near straight afterwards, giving Chimchar a curb stomp and then a toned down "blasting off" for the heroes with Sonic Boom. They even moan afterwards about being trashed by Team Rocket. It was actually something of a foreshadowing of how much the trio boosted whenever they thought they were in Giovanni's good books.

Come to think of it, was there ever a full on case of a role reversal where Ash's team were genuinely "blasted off"? I know plenty of other characters fell victim to the gag (and Clemont self inflicted it once).

Oh by FAR Jessie's first official contest win in "Team Shocker" was the best. It was the end of five seasons of torture of seeing Jessie grow as a contest entrant and not get that elusive ribbon (at least they also had her winning with aipom in the meantime). She was shaky when she started in Hoenn, but by Battle Frontier she was getting better and had a few contests she really deserved to win. Seeing her finally win was a welcome turn. At least I got far enough behind in episodes to look at pics of future (for me) episodes and know that they DON'T put us through the same torture with the Pokemon showcase.

The showcases sort of have the same evolution, but compressed much more mercifully (she already knew her Pokemon's abilities by then, it was just utilising them in the correct situation). The only sad thing is that all but one of her victorious showcases are completely offscreen (though we at least see her and Gourgeist decimate at the start of the Master Class tournament).

It was nice to see Dustox finally get Jessie some start off in the contests as a final act before she left. It made her departure more effective since it meant Jessie was also sacrificing her so far only means of success so she could get a happy ending almost no TR member is granted.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Um..... all of them.
I love it when James ends up beating the twerps in things as he wants to win without cheating.
And when Jessie almost won the whole Sinnoh Contests, never cheating showing she had it in her all along.

And when Team Rocket "stole" Yanma. That was hilarious.

YourLieinEevee

It could take me an hour to summarize all of my favorite Team Rocket wins moments... Love my TRio. Jessie's contests and her near-win in XY... Jessie using Ash's Aipom and beating Dawn... James dressing as Jessie and getting a ribbon for her... When that princess gave Jessie her ribbon...

Status
Not open for further replies.