• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Unova Gym Leader?

Who is your favourite Unova Gym Leader?

• Cilan/Chili/Cress

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Lenora

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Burgh

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Elesa

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Clay

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Skyla

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Drayden/Iris

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Cheren

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Roxie

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Marlon

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
The Unova region introduced some pretty interesting characters for Gym Leaders - we have an archaeologist in Lenora, an artist in Burgh, a fashion model in Elesa, and the Mayor of Opelucid City in Drayden.

So who's your favourite Gym Leader(s) out of the Unova League? (You can include the new Gym Leaders from Black & White 2.)

Here's mine:

1. Burgh - He's an artist like me, and I used to love catching insects as a little girl.
  2. Elesa - Like all fashion models, she had to change her style, which is what she did in BW2.
  3. Skyla - She just seems so bubbly and high-flying, which is appropriate for a Flying-type Gym Leader.
  4. Iris - While I never fought her in the games (I played Black, so I fought Drayden instead), I still like her design and the fact she's one of the first ethnic characters in the Pokémon series as a whole. Her becoming the Champion in BW2 was a pretty good twist too.
  5. Roxie - This punk-rocker girl will intoxicate you - quite literally - with both her grungy music and fashion style, and her Poison-type Pokémon.

- NovaBrunswick

Aquarelle

Staff member
I picked a few people on the poll, but I'll just talk about one of my choices for now: the Cilan/Chili/Cress trio. I just really like the idea of having a Gym run by a set of siblings (I've always like Liza & Tate in Hoenn for the same reason) and how which one you battle depends on the starter you chose.
I think Cilan would be my favourite of the three, though, as I like his in-game personality.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Skyla's always been my favourite Unova gym leader cuz of her design and also cuz I like that she's a pilot hee hee. I think my second favourite is now Elesa since she's a model and all. I used to like Brycen in the past, but not as much anymore.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Roxie's my fave, followed closely by Marlon. Ironically, both were new Gym Leaders in B2W2. I thought BW's original Gym Leaders all looked terribad. :/

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
My favourite is Elesa, because I like her design and fondness of bad puns, as well as her remixed Gym theme in the sequels. I also like Cheren, due to his studious personality and the fact he appears many times in B2/W2 to help you and the Rival, and Skyla, for the fact she helps the player, Prof. Juniper and Bianca get to Lentimas Town.

I didn't realise I could multi-vote, so I put Marlon. He is the physical embodiment of one of my friends, always going "yooo" and being really chill about things.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I picked a few people on the poll, but I'll just talk about one of my choices for now: the Cilan/Chili/Cress trio. I just really like the idea of having a Gym run by a set of siblings (I've always like Liza & Tate in Hoenn for the same reason) and how which one you battle depends on the starter you chose.
I think Cilan would be my favourite of the three, though, as I like his in-game personality.

In the games he seems a bit more indecisive than in the anime, where he's always making food puns about everything. I kind of like that, actually. And I like how you can fight with one of them against the other two in their former Gym in Striaton in BW2.

My favourite out of the three would probably be either Cress (since I fought him in Black, as I chose Tepig) or Chili (his hairstyle fits his love of Fire-types really well).

Kalosian

So long
The Gym Leaders from Unova are my favorite group of Gym Leaders overall. As for my favorite from them, I'm going with Clay. I think he has a cool personality, I like how he extends the industry in his city, discovering ancient underground ruins with legendary Pokemon, creating a tunnel between Driftveil, Mistralton Cave and Twist Mountain. He is also involved in the creation of the PWT. Plus, he has a cool hat.

Runner-ups would be... all the others, I suppose. Most notably Elesa, Skyla, Iris, Roxie, Marlon, Cheren and Drayden. I like all of them in some way but my top favorite is still Clay so I'm voting for him in the poll.

Aquarelle

Staff member
In the games he seems a bit more indecisive than in the anime, where he's always making food puns about everything. I kind of like that, actually. And I like how you can fight with one of them against the other two in their former Gym in Striaton in BW2.
Yeah, his game and anime personalities seem very different. I really like his personality in the games, where he seems shy with all the "Ums" in his speech - that's closer to my own personality IMO.

(But I do like anime Cilan a lot. ;) So, he's definitely one of those characters who I like in *both* the games and anime).

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
My Favorite is Iris because of her wild personality and her transition from gym leader to champion.

Iris is only the Opelucid Gym Leader if you played White (I battled Drayden instead as I had Black). But I still like how she was elevated to Champion in BW2, as she was the final Gym Leader in White, and Alder (the previous Unova Champion) basically retired his position for Iris to succeed.

I like Lenora too, she's the first black character in the Pokémon franchise as a whole, she's an archaeologist, and her appearance and name are very similar to one of my aunts (though my aunt's name is Leonora, with an extra 'O').

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
Sorry Lenora, you're cool and all but Drayden takes the top for me.

Izanagi777

Well, it would be Drayden for me.. I like his team and he's the most challenging Gym Leader in the game (although i know that he's the last Gym Leader but still).. Kinda sad that he only available in Pokemon Black..

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Well, it would be Drayden for me.. I like his team and he's the most challenging Gym Leader in the game (although i know that he's the last Gym Leader but still).. Kinda sad that he only available in Pokemon Black..

Drayden is the Gym Leader of Opelucid in both Black 2 and White 2 - Iris takes over Alder as the Champion.

Bananarama

The light is coming
Elesa is my favorite Unova gym leader because of her fabulous designs. I also like how she encourages Bianca to not give up and keep trying to be a Pokemon trainer.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I like Elesa and Cilan/Chili/Cress. I think its cool that its a trio, like Tate and Lizza. And I like Elesa since her name is similar to my real name haha.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I like Elesa and Cilan/Chili/Cress. I think its cool that its a trio, like Tate and Lizza. And I like Elesa since her name is similar to my real name haha.

Tate and Liza are twins, not a trio. And unlike T&L, Cilan, Chili and Cress are not fought in a Triple Battle like T&L were fought in a Double Battle (though it would have been pretty cool if the Striaton triplets were fought in a Triple Battle, since that mechanic was introduced in Gen 5, and they ARE triplets...)

Status
Not open for further replies.