• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Unova Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Inspired by similiar threads about Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh locations. Please remember not to spam and explain your choice(s) a little.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I liked White Forest because I liked how Pokémon from other regions can be encountered there in White and in B2W2, the White Treehollow is an amazing place for grinding. I often spent countless hours there.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Does the nature preserve in B2W2 count? That's number one for me. number 2 is floccessy town, and 3 is castelia city.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Probably Undella Town and Humilau City, they're cool and tropical places beside the sea and loads of beachy fun. Cynthia can also be found in Caitlin's villa in Undella, allowing for a very challenging but fun battle with a former Champion of Sinnoh.

Castelia City and Driftveil City also come close; Castelia for its big-city atmosphere and Driftveil for it also being beside the sea, and the Charizard Bridge which I traversed many times for special feathers during my Unova adventures.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Castelia City and Driftveil City also come close; Castelia for its big-city atmosphere and Driftveil for it also being beside the sea, and the Charizard Bridge which I traversed many times for special feathers during my Unova adventures.
Castelia City is probably my favourite city so far because of its urban setting. I also liked going into the sewers in order to get to the hidden Castelia Garden to find Eevees.

Cat's Eye Draco

Chargestone Cave, mostly because I like the concept of an electrified cave and thought its magnetic rock puzzles were fun to navigate. Nimbasa is also a favorite, as I like its amusement park atmosphere, and Route 7 for its raised walkways.

Leonhart

Imagineer
deoxysdude94 said:
Does the nature preserve in B2W2 count? That's number one for me. number 2 is floccessy town, and 3 is castelia city.

I liked the preserve since it had a lot of Pokemon that we couldn't catch in the main Isshu region, although I do wonder if that place counts as Isshu as well.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The Nature Preserve is quite far away from Unova so it’s not seen on the map. But still in some way it makes me think it may or may not be part of Unova but it may be so. I also like that place because of the Pokémon I could encounter there.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
That's a tough one. Unova has so many amazing locations. Honestly the 5th generation fits the idea of having both quality and quantity so well. I really do think it's everything what a great Pokemon generation should be. One location that always stuck out for me was the Marine Tube, which is basically just an aquarium but a really well-done aquarium that X and Y's and the remakes, ORAS, just could never capture on the same level.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Chargestone Cave, mostly because I like the concept of an electrified cave and thought its magnetic rock puzzles were fun to navigate. Nimbasa is also a favorite, as I like its amusement park atmosphere, and Route 7 for its raised walkways.

I also like Nimbasa because of the fairground theme, and all the stadiums and musical theatre there. The stadiums are a favourite place of mine to train my team daily.

I liked the preserve since it had a lot of Pokemon that we couldn't catch in the main Isshu region, although I do wonder if that place counts as Isshu as well.

I think it's technically still part of Unova, but it's so far removed from the mainland that Pokémon from other regions have been able to make more of a stronghold there.

Castelia City is probably my favourite city so far because of its urban setting. I also liked going into the sewers in order to get to the hidden Castelia Garden to find Eevees.

I... didn't know that. Are they really rare though? Because when I go in there, I just find Bunearys and Cottonees. o_O

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I also like Nimbasa because of the fairground theme, and all the stadiums and musical theatre there. The stadiums are a favourite place of mine to train my team daily.
Me too, I used to train a lot there. It was definitely a great place for level grinding especially after beating the game and to have some decent battles to pass on a bit of time.
I... didn't know that. Are they really rare though? Because when I go in there, I just find Bunearys and Cottonees. o_O
Eevees are one of the rarer Pokémon there and has a 5% chance of being encountered in the wild there. Bunearys and Cottonees are definitely way more common.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
shoz999 said:
One location that always stuck out for me was the Marine Tube, which is basically just an aquarium but a really well-done aquarium that X and Y's and the remakes, ORAS, just could never capture on the same level.

It always irked me how B2/W2 had such a great aquarium, yet X/Y had such a mediocre one despite the 3DS's superior graphics.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
It always irked me how B2/W2 had such a great aquarium, yet X/Y had such a mediocre one despite the 3DS's superior graphics.

Proving that better graphics aren't everything in a game?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Possibly so. X and Y were their first 3DS games so that could be so. In Gen 5, they would have worked on DS games for a while already and they would be more experienced with its graphics rather than 3DS graphics. But I still liked how breathtaking the Marine Tube was and there were a lot of Water-type Pokémon to see. That looks like a sign Game Freak were already pushing the graphics capabilities to their limits.

Leonhart

Imagineer
NovaBrunswick said:

As a big fan of the Gen V games I might be somewhat biased, but yes. To me Isshu as a whole had better locations than Kalos did even with the DS's limited capabilities. Hiun (Castelia) alone was impressive in terms of scope.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
As a big fan of the Gen V games I might be somewhat biased, but yes. To me Isshu as a whole had better locations than Kalos did even with the DS's limited capabilities. Hiun (Castelia) alone was impressive in terms of scope.

Castelia was I think the first proper 'big' city in the Pokémon games. All the others before were rather small - even Jubilife wasn't the biggest city in Sinnoh, Hearthome was. Goldenrod in Johto comes a little close to Castelia size-wise, but it still felt a little small, even in HG/SS.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Castelia was I think the first proper 'big' city in the Pokémon games. All the others before were rather small - even Jubilife wasn't the biggest city in Sinnoh, Hearthome was. Goldenrod in Johto comes a little close to Castelia size-wise, but it still felt a little small, even in HG/SS.
Yeah, I think it's based off Manhattan, which is quite big. But it's got a couple of pretty big maps considering the avenues and the squares there. But I personally felt disappointed that some of the buildings can't be visited for whatever reason.

Leonhart

Imagineer
NovaBrunswick said:

It makes sense why it as so huge given that NYC was the basis for the design. What I liked about B2/W2's Hiun City was the added sewer system, park, and secret area that was only accessible during certain seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.