• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Unova Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
It makes sense why it as so huge given that NYC was the basis for the design. What I liked about B2/W2's Hiun City was the added sewer system, park, and secret area that was only accessible during certain seasons.

Unova as a whole is based on the NYC metropolitan area, not New York state as many people think it is. Undella Town and Humilau City could be partly based on the Hamptons, which are seaside towns on Long Island that are popular vacation spots for New Yorkers. Nimbasa City is based on Coney Island, famous for its amusement park. The Pokémon Musical Theatre in Nimbasa could also be a nod to Broadway, which of course is world-famous for its theatres and musicals.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
In the originals, I only actually like Chargestone Cave for its size and unique puzzles, Opelucid City in White is good, too, as is Village Bridge. In the sequels, I really like the new Victory Road for having many different environments and a phenomenal Pokemon selection, as well as Seaside Cave and Humilau City (it reminds me of Pacifidlog Town). Reversal Mountain was a cool concept, but sadly ruined by boring layout.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Pokémon League: Unova's is absolutely majestic.

The Unova League music kind of reminds me of something from The Legend of Zelda. So does the Dragonspiral Tower music.

Village Bridge: another cool and interesting place to walk through.

I think the Village Bridge theme was the first music in the Pokémon games to have vocals, though in Japanese. I do remember Roxie's song in her Gym that went "P-O-K-E-M-O-N, Pokémon!" ;)

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
My favourite Unova location is the PWT.
My second favourite is Castelia City.
My third favourite is Cold Storage (the place that was south of Driftveil City in BW1.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I really like Route 10. The music there is definitely one of my all-time favourites, and the area just looks really nice with the river running through it.

I also like Opelucid (White/White 2) and Striaton Cities, since I like the architecture of the buildings.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I really like Route 10. The music there is definitely one of my all-time favourites, and the area just looks really nice with the river running through it.

I also like Opelucid (White/White 2) and Striaton Cities, since I like the architecture of the buildings.

I don't know what Opelucid sounds like in White (2), but in Black (2) it kind of sounds 80s-ish with its synth and keytar.

Route 10's music reminds me of a long journey coming to its end, i.e. you going to the Unova League after collecting all eight Gym badges. There's something quite sad about its melody.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I don't know what Opelucid sounds like in White (2), but in Black (2) it kind of sounds 80s-ish with its synth and keytar.
It sounds pretty traditional to reflect the changes in Opelucid City between the two versions. I played White more so I got attached to the White theme more. But I kinda like the city because of the Dragon-type Gym Leader.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
It sounds pretty traditional to reflect the changes in Opelucid City between the two versions. I played White more so I got attached to the White theme more. But I kinda like the city because of the Dragon-type Gym Leader.

Drayden or Iris?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Drayden or Iris?
I like either. I guess their roles as the Opelucid Gym Leader is more balanced in the White games as Iris was one in White and it was Drayden’s turn in White 2. I already like the dragon imagery in Opelucid City in White.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I like either. I guess their roles as the Opelucid Gym Leader is more balanced in the White games as Iris was one in White and it was Drayden’s turn in White 2. I already like the dragon imagery in Opelucid City in White.

In terms of canon, I think White's canon makes more sense in that Iris becomes the Champion in the sequels. She would've challenged the Elite Four and Alder, so it's right that she should become the next Champion herself.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
In terms of canon, I think White's canon makes more sense in that Iris becomes the Champion in the sequels. She would've challenged the Elite Four and Alder, so it's right that she should become the next Champion herself.
I guess so. It better shows her progression than the Black in that way. Although pretty predictable but the player can teach their Pokémon Draco Meteor there, which I think is kinda interesting at least.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:
I always liked that cave because it wasn't just a normal dungeon. It required some thinking to get through and I liked how N showed up at the end as an obstacle in BW.

It was a maze in the sense that finding the exit was a hassle, yet I did enjoy the floating rocks inside, as well as the blue tint of the cave.

Yureishi

I have to say Pinwheel Forest. The natural aspect of the place itself looks first of all beautiful in every way, it includes a nice variety of interesting Pokémon in the wild and also a visibly vast zone to scout.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Another interesting location that I believe left quite an impression to a lot of Pokemon fans was the Strange House. It was one of those locations where the location itself told the story and to an extant felt like a side-quest as it was completely optional. Honestly this is one of the locations I hope Pokemon Adventures Black and White 2 explores, even for just a quick moment.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Yureishi said:
I have to say Pinwheel Forest. The natural aspect of the place itself looks first of all beautiful in every way, it includes a nice variety of interesting Pokémon in the wild and also a visibly vast zone to scout.

I loved the tree hollow pathways and somber feel of the woods, although I disliked how the elemental monkeys were quite difficult to find there.

Cat's Eye Draco

I've taken kind of a liking to the area around Reversal Mountain recently. Not really sure why, as there isn't a whole lot to do there outside of the Strange House and, well, the mountain. I guess it's because something about the music there makes me think of Indiana Jones.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Cat's Eye Draco said:
I've taken kind of a liking to the area around Reversal Mountain recently. Not really sure why, as there isn't a whole lot to do there outside of the Strange House and, well, the mountain. I guess it's because something about the music there makes me think of Indiana Jones.

I like the house itself since it reminds me of the haunted house in D/P/Pt. I find the music inside is quite unnerving, which is fitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.