• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite video game series

Scolipedeluv

Squad member Ricchan
What's your favourite video game series and why?

Personally my favourite is BlazBlue because the combat is really fun, it has really likable characters (shun Jin) and its a series that doesn't focus heavily on its story *coughOtherMcough*.
Some other series I like include:project DIVA, Pokemon (bet ya didn't see that coming), Sonic the Hedgehog, Metroid, Animal Crossing, Smash Bros (Is that even a series?, anyway) and Zelda.

Last edited:

Ampy

Light The Stars
*coughOtherMcough*.

To be fair, the fact that Other M focused on story wasn't the problem... the problem was that the story sucked.

That being said, Metroid is definitely my favourite series but after that I'd probably give it to Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy IX being my second favourite game after Metroid Prime.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
The Elder Scrolls, Final Fantasy, Yugioh World Championship (hope that counts), and Metroid are all very high up on my list. I also like Need for Speed and Gran Tourismo.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
Elder Scrolls, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, Battlefield and Mass Effect are probably my favorites. I'm also tempted to say Assassin's Creed although the third one was a bit of a disappointment.

Swampert is my Homeboy

Ki Ki Ki Ma Ma Ma
Mine is Bioshock. Infinite is my favorite game of all time.

They're pretty unique games, and they are like works of art, they can be very beautiful. But also dark.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I've played all of them except Zero Mission and Prime 2 however, I've only finished Fusion.

And yet you still said the series focuses heavily on story? I don't get you.

Anyway may favourite series are Metroid (go figure), the Souls series, The Legend of Zelda, Metal Gear, Halo, and recently Persona.

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
StarCraft, WarCraft, Mass Effect, Halo, Bioshock, Batman: Arkham, Dead Space, The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Grand Theft Auto, Half-Life, Kingdom Hearts. Stuff like that.

Night_Walker

Halo

Pretty much the first 'modern' game series I was really introduced to following my return from gaming after being gone, for various real life reasons I'm not gonna go into, from mid-gen-5 til late-gen-7 - *sighs* yeah I missed a lot of the golden age it seems. Halo 3 pretty much instantly grabbed me as I quickly grasped the whole control system, started getting the hang of the combat and got a sense of the universe I'd just stepped into. Series never let me from then on.

Keizaal

bring me to life
Pokemon, The Elder Scrolls, Assassin's Creed, BioShock and Legend of Zelda.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Funnily enough, Pokémon isn't among my favourite game franchises.

Let's see... Kingdom Hearts, Tales, Atelier, Final Fantasy, Shin Megami Tensei (and by extension, Persona) and Assassin's Creed are the series I'd call my favourites.

Estellise

peachy
Hmm... I really like the Pokemon (obviously), Silent Hill, Tales, Mother, Legend of Zelda, and Street Fighter series...

Pokemon, Legend of Zelda, Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, Kingdom Hearts, Mother, Katamari Damacy, Sonic, and the Mario RPGs.