• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite video game series

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Funnily enough, Pokémon isn't among my favourite game franchises.

Let's see... Kingdom Hearts, Tales, Atelier, Final Fantasy, Shin Megami Tensei (and by extension, Persona) and Assassin's Creed are the series I'd call my favourites.

You sir, deserves a medal!

My favorites are Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Yu-Gi-Oh!, (...) Of Mana and Guilty Gear. Sure, I have a lot more, but my list would be kinda of extense.
I like Kingdom Hearts and Mana series mostly because of it's gameplay and their OSTs. Sure, Mana series isn't great as it was before. Or there's any fan out there that enjoyed Dawn of Mana as they enjoyed Secret or Legend of Mana? Children is actually good though. And Kingdom Hearts is simply... Kingdom Hearts. I really like the character design, gameplay, plot...nearly everything. Final Fantasy... Read exactly the same description above.
Guilty Gear is purely because of nostalgia. I've played it since they released the PS1 game.

epicninjask123

LoL Lunatic
Final Fantasy. Yes the games are easy and there's really no point in playing them after beating the final boss (except for maybe beating the game's "superboss" if applicable) but as a whole they have some of the best stories and gameplay I've ever seen in a video game.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Saints Row and Pokemon are tied for first.
GTA is second place.

Fifa .

Dead Space is a close second, but if I had to pick my absolute favorite I would have to go with the Elder Scrolls series.

Hey Micky!

Gotta be the Bioshock series for me: Bioshock 1 is probably my favourite of the 3rd gen games. Bioshock 2, for all the flak it got, I still enjoyed a lot (I felt it had a better emotional core to its story than Bioshock 1 and really fleshed out Rapture as a place) and Bioshock Infinite pretty much stands shoulder for shoulder with Bioshock 1 (for me in beats it out in game-play and core story but falls behind in setting [I prefer Rapture] and lacking a horror dynamic)

BlazBlue is my favourite.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
BioShock, Silent Hill, and Transformers (War For Cybertron/Fall of Cybertron).

I love BioShock for the backstory and the setting... I love the dark and tormented fallen city of Rapture. There's so much to do, and I can play it over and over. The Minerva's Den DLC for BioShock 2 adds a new layer to what's already there.

Silent Hill I like for the fact that it's as much about thinking and working out puzzles as it is hack-and-slash fighting monsters. I also like that there are consequences for the choices made in-game, such as deciding to help someone or not to help them, whether to kill a monster or to incapacitate it and run. I also love the music.

Transformers... Well, Transformers is my first and strongest fandom. And Fall of Cybertron is the debut of my favorite TF into the games: the city-sized Transformer Metroplex :D

Dwlr

Banned
In terms of series as whole the one that pops out to me that has been solid throughout the entire series is Metal Gear, my favorite is MGS2 and I didn't care for MGS3 nearly as much as the others I've played, atm I'm not counting Peacewalker or Uprising or the GC remake Twin Snakes.

1Zekrom

#1 fan & collector
Only the best RPG of all time SUIKODEN!!! Surprised it wasn't mentioned yet, and of course Pokemon.

arronishere

Random Trainer
Easily the Mario games, in terms of nostalgia and gameplay it has never been beaten for me.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Fire Emblem. Just... Fire Emblem. I love the gameplay. I love the tactics and the difficulty (it's rare that I'm challenged by turn-based strategy games), I love the characters and the development they get. I enjoy the plots of the games and the world-building. And finally, I love the support system. It adds a whole new dimension to both gameplay and character depth for most games. Sure, the series loses some points for things like Micaiah being turned into a mouthpiece for Yune during the latter half of Radiant Dawn, but it's still my favorite series ever.

ebevan91

Battlefield (for the multiplayer)
Golden Sun
The Witcher (can't wait for 3)
Mass Effect
Company of Heroes
Metro (2033/Last Light)

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
To be fair, the fact that Other M focused on story wasn't the problem... the problem was that the story sucked.

The second leads to the first. Not intentionally-- well, okay, lord knows. They may very well have been trying to get Metroid to bomb.

I have a hard time choosing one series of games I unequivocally love. I haven't played all of the MOTHER games, so I really can't say that yet. I can't say the Chrono series because, compared to Trigger, Cross was not too good. Maybe the Donkey Kong Country games, when you average everything together? The SNES ones, at least, though I've heard the Returns titles have all been good so far.

I love the Metroid series, too, but somewhere around Fusion, problems started popping up. The original Prime, though, is still pretty much the best FPS ever, next to maybe the original BioShock.

I've recently come to love the Hyperdimension Neptunia series because of it being an RPG, its characters, how self-aware it is, the writing and the gameplay.

Last edited:
Legend of Zelda And PMD.

PMD is Just beautiful :,> Can't wait for the 6th Gen one.

I hope it will be amazing.