• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Water Type Pokemon ?

Peter Harrison

Which Water type Pokemon is your favourite?

Swampert, Kyogre, and Greninja, are my favourite Water type Pokemon. I had a Swampert and Kyogre on my Emerald game. And my Greninja was my best Pokemon on my X game.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Suicune. I love its lore, I love its looks, I love how it plays in battle.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Going with my man, my first starter, Swampert. One of the best typings as well

Shuriken Throw

Greninja: Brillint move set and has lots of quickness and great abilities.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Kyogre - favourite legendary of all time with a great ability and cool backstory.
Swampert - love its bulk, typing and its "derpy yet powerful" looks.
Starmie - it is very quick and has a good movepool.
Milotic - it is incredibly elegant and tough to take down thanks to Recover.
Azumarill - it is adorable, yet hits hard thanks to Huge Power.
Vaporeon - cute and elegant with a pretty good Special Attack. Shame it is nowhere near as good in battle as it used to be.
I also quite like Gyarados, Lapras, Slowbro, Lanturn, Samurott, Palkia, Kingdra, Manaphy, Floatzel, Wishiwashi and Primarina.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
That's a tough question. Sometimes I think GameFreak's favorite type is water considering how they often overdo water-type Pokemon since Kanto. Although one water-type comes to mind, one of my favorites is Wailord!

Wailord is so freaking huge that in the Pokemon Adventures manga, Sapphire (the manga equivalent to May) decided to let her Wailord, Lorry, roam free in the seas rather than keep it in a tiny ball and man is it a "whale" of a Pokemon.

1455692312164.jpg

I hope GameFreak hurries up with those new made-from-scratch models for the future! It makes sense for them to work on them while their reusing old ones for SwSh.

CxGjlJRUoAAxnPM.jpg

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Favorite overall is Swampert. My very first Pokemon is Mudkip, its type has always been useful for me and it hits hard. Per generation?
  • Gen I: Lapras. Before fairies, Ice types were practically essential to beat the tough Dragon trainers. Lapras has that, but it also is generally strong and bulky, plus the Pokemon is friendly
  • Gen 2: Quagsire. I was going to think Lanturn, as Quagsire is an inferior Swampert. However Quagsire has a very charming design to me, it's happy and still pulls a punch. Also, I managed to get a shiny Quagsire in the Great Marsh by pure accident and actually managed to catch it
  • Gen 3: My second favorite Water type? Either Walrein or Wailord. I like the latter because of personality and I find how huge it is comical, I like the former because its bulky, has Lapras' positive qualities while also being more interesting design wise. Relicanth might get the silver if I actually manage to properly train one
  • Gen 4: Difficult to say. I would go with either Gastrodon(squishy, Water/Ground is just a great type) or Empoleon(wicked Water/Steel typing, its a starter and looks cool)
  • Gen 5: Jellicent. A thicc and bulky boi with a nice Ghost type for those pesky Fighting and Psychic types. Also, great gender differences
  • Gen 6: Generic choice, but it's probably Greninja. No offense to Greninja, but the others in Kalos aren't too impressive
  • Gen 7: Araquanid. The Wimpod line had an ability I felt too much of a gamble, same with Wishiwashi. Araquanid's ability only helped. Also, Araquanid has this spooky and interesting look as a reverse scuba diver giant spider

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
My favorites by gen
Gen 1 Blastoise
Gen 2 Kingdra
Gen 3 Swampert
Gen 4 Buizel
Gen 5 Keldeo
Gen 6 Greninja
Gen 7 Tapu Fini
Gen 8 so far
Drednaw

Xuxuba

It used to be Piplup (cuz i like baby penguins) before Dawn's Piplup ruined the species for me.

Now it's probably Azumarill, cuz i like it's typing, stats and ability. Plus it's cute.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
Gen 1: Cloyster
Gen 2: Octillery (though this gen is easily the best for Water types, Feraligatr, Politoed, Qwilfish, Mantine, Kingdra, Corsola and Slowking are all amazing)
Gen 3: Gorebyss
Gen 4: Manaphy
Gen 5: Basculin
Gen 6: Skrelp... I guess
Gen 7: Tapu Fini

Top 5 Water Pokemon in general:

1. Octillery
2. Basculin
3. Qwilfish
4. Kingdra
5. Tapu Fini

RedJirachi

Veteran member
If we're talking best Water shinies per generation?
  • Gen I: Possibly Golduck. It's not much inherently, remaining blue, but it's this cool dark blue that the pinkish parts really make pop.
  • Gen II: Corsola. It's this very friendly type of blue that the happy smile Corsola has helps
  • Gen III: Milotic, extenuating the Pokemon's beauty. And it has extra rarity given Feebas. Relicanth is a close second
  • Gen IV: Manaphy. It was a process of eliminating and there aren't that many good Water type shinies introduced here. Also, it's virtually but not totally impossible to obtain legally, so there's a trophy value to it
  • Gen V: Simipour. Not much of a change, but like Golduck the different shade of blue makes a big difference
  • Gen VI: Greninja, duh
  • Gen VII: Mareanie. Clear different, really hard to get so there's a catharsis in having one